Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 6:45 pm

What if the cure for anxiety is to move into a retreat with people who are as controlled as super human buddhist monks, who do not react to how stressed or rude you are. Who can teach or run meditation as well as relaxation.

A quiet place, away from noisy towns of people and computer noise. Specially designed for people on the spectrum who have sensory issues and who also need to destress and perhaps even train their minds to let go of the thoughts and fear.
And to trust humanity. from possessionless monks. Who do nothing to exploit anyone materially.
who perhaps are also trained in nursing for people with ASC.

Like an oasis, with tranquil places and places to relax and share company. But at a slow and quiet pace of life.
Even if while working to some capacity.

A sanctuary away from the selfish, sadistic modern world.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 9:50 pm

You can already do that. Go to Thailand. http://monkforamonth.com/

It's mainly about learning how to be at peace with yourself and personal growth in the first place so you're good to go.

Thailand is cheaaaaaap. You can live like royalty with a couple of grand.

Edit: This site did Thailand a while ago, not sure why it's not on there now but you can legit just go there and do it anyway. Had a couple of friends who did similar.

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Dec 2016, 7:43 pm

One of the best ways to get over anxiety and depression is to start doing stuff, no matter how hard it might be to get started. If you're busy, you won't be able to think about your anxiety as much as you would if you weren't doing anything. As you get better at doing what you're doing, your self-esteem will begin to improve, and you'll likely become happier.

I don't have any experience with this personally, but I thoroughly enjoy being busy. I'll go so far as to become busy when I'm not. There's nothing like the satisfaction of a job well done.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here