Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2016, 3:10 am

Why does the government force me to conform to their system when I could just as easily go to a library, pick up a book, and teach myself everything that I would need. I genuinely don't understand. Why is our system so backwards and mechanical? Why can't I just leave society and be a hermit?! The government has complete control over every aspect of my life, from when I wake up to what I eat to when I sleep, and I just can't really tolerate this anymore. Oh, and VERY IMPORTANT: When I say government, I mean DAMN corporations! If this continues any longer I might become a political anarchist.

KrysDani
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jan 2017, 12:41 am

I have felt this way many times. I have to remind myself that not everyone is as dedicated of capable of being self taught, and structured education is for the betterment of society. As a cog of society (although perhaps differently shaped), the same rules are applied to me as to those around me (and I would be much more uncomfortable were they more less educated, I'm sure.)

nomral
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2017, 2:02 pm

In addition to some people naturally having more difficulty learning on their own, there are certain subjects that pretty much REQUIRE interaction with other people in an academic context for you to be able to grow and use your brain in more complex ways, at least after a certain level. Music, history, anthropology, psychology, literature, film studies, writing, and other more humanities-geared subjects are geared more towards discussion and critique of each others' ideas. And even in maths and sciences, performing studies and discussing the results of yours and others' studies or creating and discussing theories becomes the main focus after a while.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 2:43 pm

The de facto Corporate-Government IS a State-Religion.
The Proof of State Religion Paper : The Fundamentalist State Government Religion