Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 3:31 pm

Hippygoth wrote:
I would, if that person was right for me in other ways. I can't stand cigarette smoke though, so they'd have to do it well away from me.

The thing is though, I can smell the cigarette smoke on people. I sat next to someone yesterday who doesn't smoke, but her husband does and I could smell it. I have a tickly cough at them moment too and that smell just exacerbates it.

I couldn't live with that.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 3:47 pm

No way in hell.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 4:35 pm

Ex smoker here, I love the smell of cigarette smoke, but not the pervasive smell that gets into clothing, furniture, and such.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 4:43 pm

Personally, I don't think I would. It would be far too tempting to start smoking again. I don't get many dreams of smoking these days, i'd like to keep it that way.

Lockheart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2017, 10:20 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Hippygoth wrote:
I would, if that person was right for me in other ways. I can't stand cigarette smoke though, so they'd have to do it well away from me.

The thing is though, I can smell the cigarette smoke on people. I sat next to someone yesterday who doesn't smoke, but her husband does and I could smell it. I have a tickly cough at them moment too and that smell just exacerbates it.

I couldn't live with that.

Exactly.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 1:46 am

someone with a real bad chainsmoking habit it produces a cloud that hovers around them and dims them to an extent. I'd certainly encourage them to cut way back+hope they packed it in eventually cause it's not great for your health and stamina and I'd like someone who has decent stamina and reaches for a healthy outlook on the whole lol, if they were smoking a crap ton a day I don't think I could physically stand it, if it was a couple a day it'd be workable, it's kind of like a sliding scale for me as I really don't like smoking. If I find a girl enticing whether they smoke or not wouldn't deter me from furthering my interest in them if it was not a chronic and pervasive matter. Pot is a little different, I've never found pot useful and wouldn't date someone who does weed constantly but on occasion when they feel it's rewarding I wouldn't mind.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 1:12 pm

lidsmichelle wrote:
No way in hell.

:lol:

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 2:12 pm

I wouldn't date a smoker. I don't even have to see someone in the act to know if they are a smoker. I can just tell by standing by them because the cigarette smell gets on their clothes and everything they touch.

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2017, 2:17 pm

Depends. I just started smoking this year and to my surprise it hasn't flared up my asthma or anything weird. My cigs smell good too. They're made of green/black tea and are nicotine free so I only smoke a couple times a month. If they had my habits I'd say sure. Nicotine is a no go for me and I am allergic to tobacco and pot. I had to find another crutch besides alcohol due to my meds and the sensation of smoking keeps me from going postal that two or three times a month lol.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

15 Jan 2017, 2:51 pm

Never heard of tea cigarettes, I have a bunch of tea so maybe I might roll one up one day when I'm really desperate lol. How are you allergic to marijuana? Do you mean the smoke?

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2017, 2:57 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Never heard of tea cigarettes, I have a bunch of tea so maybe I might roll one up one day when I'm really desperate lol. How are you allergic to marijuana? Do you mean the smoke?

Yep. Everytime my friends smoke it near me I end up having seizures. I think it's more that I can't handle the change in mental state with the meds I take for depression than a full on allergy. I black out if drunk too.

It's so cheap and easy to make your own cigs I don't get why people always pay for a pack. I can make a carton for like 5 bucks. I use one of those metal roller cases and filters so they look just like cigarettes.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 4:29 pm

Onyxaxe wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Yep. Everytime my friends smoke it near me I end up having seizures. I think it's more that I can't handle the change in mental state with the meds I take for depression than a full on allergy. I black out if drunk too.

It's so cheap and easy to make your own cigs I don't get why people always pay for a pack. I can make a carton for like 5 bucks. I use one of those metal roller cases and filters so they look just like cigarettes.

It sounds like you have pretty bad epilepsy, I heard that that marijuana lowers the seizure threshold or whatever but I've also heard that it helps stop them to so there is conflicting information. Is it just the smoke or ingesting and vaping too? It helps me sleep and have an appetite, better than drinking.

I stopped drinking like I use to because of blackouts, once you start hearing stuff you did completely out of character that have zero recollection of it starts being a problem. I think that was more the style of drinking I was accustomed to "drink until you drop" One thing Wellbutrin does is kill your cravings like completely, like I use to have to drink almost but now that desire is just gone. I know people use it to quit smoking too, it also kind of gets rid of food cravings too which I've lost a lot of weight because of it. I have to kind of force myself to eat but I prefer to just eating because I am bored.

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2017, 7:40 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Onyxaxe wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

It sounds like you have pretty bad epilepsy, I heard that that marijuana lowers the seizure threshold or whatever but I've also heard that it helps stop them to so there is conflicting information. Is it just the smoke or ingesting and vaping too? It helps me sleep and have an appetite, better than drinking.

I stopped drinking like I use to because of blackouts, once you start hearing stuff you did completely out of character that have zero recollection of it starts being a problem. I think that was more the style of drinking I was accustomed to "drink until you drop" One thing Wellbutrin does is kill your cravings like completely, like I use to have to drink almost but now that desire is just gone. I know people use it to quit smoking too, it also kind of gets rid of food cravings too which I've lost a lot of weight because of it. I have to kind of force myself to eat but I prefer to just eating because I am bored.

My seizures are non epileptic, I've had over 4000 of them and have collapsed in the street a couple of times. Once I got knocked out skating because I got anxious when the park was overcrowded and a seizure snuck in while I was flying down the ramps. Secondhand pot smoke is enough. The worst pot incident was when some potheads were hanging out at the park and just blowing puffs in everyone's faces. If someone is smoking it in my complex I start having problems too.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 8:22 pm

That's pretty unfortunate, I've always heard the opposite in regards to seizures. Maybe you might be able to use CBDs since I think it would be the THC that causes that but I'd probably not want to risk it with how sensitive you are to it. I've never known people had that extreme of a reaction.

Last edited by Jacoby on 15 Jan 2017, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caesar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 8:22 pm

If I really like the person I might consider it but I would most likely not date a smoker, no

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jan 2017, 8:33 pm

Never