How do I deal with Anxiety and very low self esteem?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

EphraimB
Raven
Raven

16 Dec 2016, 1:07 pm

I'm very annoyed that the people that have completely different interests than me are interested in me and the people that I find interesting and have the same interests as me are not interested in me at all. I was very interested in Computer Programming, but all the Computer Programming forums that I have been to are keep on getting annoyed with me and telling me how bad I am at Computer Programming and that it's not for me. Every second, bad things get into my head and I can't stop thinking of them. Meanwhile, my Father thinks that i'm very good at Computer Programming and wants me to take a Linux course on edX. I'm having a very difficult time doing that course because I have very low self esteem and feel like getting back at my enemies instead by making obnoxious pictures of them.

Last summer in camp, I badly wanted to know if there were people that act like me because if they act like me, then they would understand me. I decided that the only way to figure this out is to look at other peoples medications when the nurse is giving them out at meals. Another camper found out about it and started being mean to me. I had enough of that camper being mean to me that I punched him in the face. My Division Head found out about what I did and screamed at me and enforced 2 counselors to watch me 24/7. It's already 5 months since camp ended and i'm keep on having bad thoughts about my Division Head every day. In fact, it's getting worse and worse.

I don't know what to do. Every person that I find interesting and important to me isn't interested in me at all and the other people that are interested in something i'm not interested in at all is interested in me. This doesn't make any sense at all. I'm very interested in computers and the latest tech gadgets, but everyday, I keep on feeling that Computer Programming isn't for me.

What should I do?

My personality type: INTJ-T

ok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2017, 2:07 pm

People in internet forums* can be total dicks, and you definetely shouldn't listen to them. Enjoy programming and other computer-related stuff and stay away from trolls and other such idiots. I record music in my sparetime, and no one is listening. My friends and my family have listened to the music, but they never really said they liked it, and a friend of mine told me I shouldn't sing at all. I keep on playing music anyways, because it's a passion that can't be stopped. I'm not saying you should do the same, but if you like programming, keep at it. Nobody became a super programmer over night, it takes years to learn it. Happy programming!

*) Wrongplanet not counted ;)