Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2016, 12:42 pm

I am surprised this has never been mentioned on Google before, or am I the only internet user who gets annoyed by this?

So I love browsing through sites like Buzzfeed, from Google. But on most Buzzfeed posts with pictures, there are 3 circular share icons (Messenger, Facebook and Pinterest) that are in the top right hand corner of every picture/image on a Buzzfeed post, and I can't see what the quote in the pictures say because half of it is covered by these stupid share icons. Does anyone know how I can get rid of them? I'm using android phone, not computer.

Also, while we're on the subject of fun Googling and Buzzfeed, some of the GIFs on Buzzfeed only move slightly and then stop, and so I don't see the whole video, or don't go on a loop. Some GIFs do play fully and in a loop, but some don't, and I can't find an option in Settings to change this.

Sorry I use WP to ask technical questions, but it saves me from having to sign up to other forums, most are about 10 years out of date, or you get internet trolls with poor spelling that reply. I used to have a Yahoo account to ask questions but when I found out you have to "earn points" to post and stuff, I just deleted it again. I ain't got time for that s**t, so WP is the most simplest and reliable place I can think of.

Thanks.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2016, 5:59 am

I use a browser plugin called "Antisocial", which removes said icons.
It is available on chrome (which i use), but i suspect a similar one is available for firefox

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 5:29 pm

They annoy me too. Whatever happened to good old fashioned copy and paste? Are people really that lazy now?

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~