Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Ben994
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2016, 2:08 pm

Hey everyone, I am not sure if this is the right site/forum to ask this, especially since this has nothing to do with autism, but I really need help and this the first best forum I found where I could try to ask for help.

So about a week ago I started having diarrhea and started getting nauseous and feeling sick. Maybe 2 or 3 days go by and it starts getting worse, at this point I realized that I have some kind of virus or stomach flu and simply gotta deal with it, fine, no big deal. I throw up, sleep pretty much all days long and (this might be important and have something to do with my problem) have this extreme diarrhea where I literally (no joke, no exaggeration) shoot "diarrhea" which looked and felt more like a little bit brownish water. So this scared me, but after looking it up it turned out to be more or less normal, meaning I shouldn't worry about it, great. So I lost a lot of water from my body by throwing up and because of that "diarrhea". I know I should've been drinking much, but out of fear that I would directly throw up again I refrained from drinking a lot until I felt a little better, and drank in small amounts at a time. So after I was healthy again everything seemed just fine, that is until I started noticing that for some reason, even though I started eating again, I didn't have to go to the toilet, no matter how stuffed I felt. I didn't eat a lot since I wanted to give my stomach some rest, but I ate a decent amount over the course of the 2 days I felt better again. Now it's the end of the second day and the things I have tried are the following: Drinking lots of water, drinking coffee, eating a little (since my mom suggested that maybe I didn't have to go to the toilet because I haven't eaten enough or something along those lines), waiting patiently. Now maybe 2 days isn't a lot, but I usually have to poop every single day, sometimes more than once, and now I pee about 3 times as much because I drink much more, and while sometimes it feels as though I have to poop, all I can get out is farts :? . There is one last important thing I should let you know, after trying to poop my anus stuck out a little (like it usually does when I poop, after wiping and standing up it goes back in) and I wiped in case a little poop came out and what I felt through the paper was, that it felt a little swollen (the end of the anus itself, not around it) and felt as if it was closed. Now I don't know if it's supposed to be like that and I am not sure if this or something else is the problem.

This turned out way longer than I expected, so I hope at least 1 person reads it and can hopefully help me, I have no idea what to do anymore, I have tried anything but laxatives since I have no access to that. I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes, since English isn't my native language.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :(

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2016, 6:26 pm

So you are trying to tell us your constipated? If so, you can ask your mom to get you some stool softner (docusate sodium), it is OTC in Canada, I don't know about where you live. It takes about a half day to work or more.

Just follow the instructions on the box. If you still can't go after a day, you could try Senokot which works well. It takes about 12 hours to work and 1 pill would probably be enough. You can find that OTC in any pharmacy in Canada too.

You can also try squatting on the toilet which helps you have bowel movement easier than if you just sit on the toilet as if it were a chair. It is easier to squat/ bend your knees if you put your feet up on a stool you can place in front of the toilet.

Try these options out. Take care.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2016, 6:50 pm

Whenever I've had an episode like you're talking about (diarrhea then no pooping), I've always just considered the "no pooping" part as my body / system healing from the "trauma" of the diarrhea part, and haven't been concerned. I would say that I wouldn't worry about it, until it had been 5 days from the very last day of diarrhea----meanwhile, as your system heals and you begin to get your interest in food, back and go-back to your regular eating habits, your system will begin processing properly again, and you'll have a bowel movement, naturally; and then, also, return to your natural "poop schedule" (at least, that's the way it has occurred with ME).

Here's to hoping you're feeling better, very soon!!

Take care,

Cat

questor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2016, 10:57 am

In addition to stool softeners and laxatives, you should increase your intake of fruits, veggies, and whole grains, which are all high in fiber. Avoid bananas and plantains for now, as they are one of the exceptions--they will make your poop firmer. What you need right now is to make it softer. Also, increase your liquid intake, as the added moisture will help lubricate your system, and add some veggie oil, like olive oil to some of your meals, as this will also help lubricate your system.

Hope you are quickly relieved of your position on the poop deck! :lol:

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 10:30 am

Sometimes if you have diarrhea too much and you go so often if you don't go the next day then its because your body probably emptied out everything else and now it has to build back up again I think :o

alexbfr
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jan 2017, 3:47 am

sennakot or senna works really well. so does miralax. helps to drink a lot of water if you take these because they usually work pretty quick for me, but I end up having some diarrhea too because they are so powerful. Also mag citrate works super fast, but also is kinda powerful. I use these to help me go but find that regular fiber supplements helps keep me regular