Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 6:39 pm

... that I am a witch discarded from civilization; an amusement at best, an annoyance at worst. Of no value except as a background stick figure to someone else's life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 6:41 pm

I really don't feel that way about you, even though you're a pain in the tuchus sometimes.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 6:44 pm

Thanks kraftie. It's meant to be a continuation game though. You can add to it under the Male counterpoint heading if you want.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 6:50 pm

As an autistic man, I feel that people scorn me for being different, and don't take the time to try to get to know me. I feel people in the "greater society" should learn about "different" people. It might actually benefit them.

Oceana
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Dec 2016, 3:20 pm

I feel out of place constantly. Like I'm always the odd one out.

I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable
I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still
I am lying in wait.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 5:20 pm

Deleted.

gee_dee
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Dec 2016, 3:42 pm

Like if I'd been born a few hundred years ago I'd almost certainly have been accused and even executed for being a "witch" - I even have a type of birthmark which would have pretty much sealed my fate :?

Lack of an immediate threat of execution notwithstanding, not sure things are much easier in this excessively networking-obsessed world. Things are complicated in a lot of other ways now.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 5:30 pm

...often invalidated on WP.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 8:35 am

wilburforce wrote:

No kidding. As a woman in my 40s I often feel marginalized here. Not surprising I suppose with the large community of young males here. I just wish they would try to keep an open mind with regard to the contributions of older and female members.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 4:08 pm

androbot01 wrote:
wilburforce wrote:

No kidding. As a woman in my 40s I often feel marginalized here. Not surprising I suppose with the large community of young males here. I just wish they would try to keep an open mind with regard to the contributions of older and female members.

I know exactly what you mean.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 9:24 pm

That many the males here on WP hate us, and all women in general. They constantly moan and groan about feminism and all the negative stereotypes about it. There are fewer of us than there are males on WP so it's like we may as well not exist. Sometimes I think they might even harm women due to their beliefs.

But then again I often feel that most men hate us and want us dead or be their always-obedient slaves. :(

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 11:10 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
That many the males here on WP hate us, and all women in general. They constantly moan and groan about feminism and all the negative stereotypes about it. There are fewer of us than there are males on WP so it's like we may as well not exist. Sometimes I think they might even harm women due to their beliefs.

But then again I often feel that most men hate us and want us dead or be their always-obedient slaves. :(

I have finally reached the age when young men don't look at me sexually. Thank God! I have become crazy cat woman and I love it. Sometimes older men look at me, but they are more reserved.

I agree that once you get into a relationship with a man they expect to be the "special snowflake." Like I really care if their needs are being met. Could be why I'm divorced.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 9:50 am

...that if I hope to find acceptance and support for my autism issues, I must carefully hide any shred of emotion, because it does not conform to the typical male stereotype of how autism is supposed to present.

I don't necessarily mean this as a complaint; whether being Vulcan reflects the 'real me' or not, I've found it's an effective way to protect myself from those who would mock my feelings, so it's a useful skill to develop!

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 9:58 am

...better able to understand my autistic son.

...like my NT friends' beloved "pet", instead of one of the group.

...like I have a unique perspective I shouldn't hide anymore.

...like it's going to be okay.

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 10:46 pm

I feel... very acute to nature.
....not at best seen in my family.
....special in some ways.
....guilty when I don't always have to be.
....like I could be a Vulcan or an elf. (in SciFi/fantasy).

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 12:09 am

...completely effing exhausted. Seriously.