Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

horseguy2u
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Feb 2017, 4:38 pm

I have always felt that ranking, social and otherwise, is part of the neurotypical mind's compulsion to make everything linier. Once a line is conceived the compulsion moves to place whatever comes along somewhere on the line, which is the ranking impulse. It's very primitive. Animals eat according to it.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 6:03 pm

That's the problem, PurpleToupee, most people seem to accept their lot and even if they complain about it, they won't try to change it. The so called 'working classes' make up the majority of the world, hence the term 'the masses' and this being so, they should all band together in one giant international revolution and crush the elite.

It's the attitude of the elite, or rather the elitists which has made me something of an anarchist.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

05 Feb 2017, 1:06 pm

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
they should all band together in one giant international revolution and crush the elite.

It's the attitude of the elite, or rather the elitists which has made me something of an anarchist.

Or the masses could pressurize them constantly, shame certain practices (online, by demonstrations, marches, protests) and become more conscious/ethical consumers. It might be a long process, but safer than a revolution that can bring to the top authoritarian and unpredictable forces or people who will create more trouble and suffering to "the masses" in the end.
For me it's evolution not revolution, with people engaging with politics & business more (internet is great as a place to start), criticizing, organizing, groups making sure they are being heard, some international activism, sharing or even leaking information... and much more. We just mustn't be passive or think "I'm just one powerless person, what can I really change? Nothing".

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 1:10 pm

Good answer, Fox. As me ould Da always said 'the working man is his own worst enemy' because he considers himself powerless, as you said and consequently makes no effort to change his world.