Is here anyone with good knowledge about open hardware?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

madscientist132
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Dec 2016, 4:40 pm

I am working on an openhardware project, it is nothing more than an ARM single board computer, wich basic design is more or less near completion, but, it suffers from details i wish a person with proper knowledge could see. I am diagnosed of asperger.

You can see the project files here, it is an altium 2009 workspace containing my work under gnu-lgpl licence.

https://github.com/temporaryuser132/wakameboard

madscientist132
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Dec 2016, 12:19 pm

Maybe you have seen the files.

I had made the post about this project because, it may look complete, but altium designer tells me about 65 details.

As i told when posting for the first time, it is nothing more than a system on chip surrounded by some peripherical ics to provide
svga output, direct ethernet and a usb hub for keyboard, mouse, hard drives, cd/dvd or whatever else. I did it in my own and i published
those files under gnu lgpl to ensure that anyone with proper knowledge can improve, modify, manufacture, etc, yet preventing dishonest ones to take it over so it can remain public and open.

Respect the firmware, after finding advice in several places, i have been told about denx's uboot and between the files i added the source for a version that seems to support the actual soc of this board, Alwinner A13.

Many of you may be thinking i could just get the datasheet of any arm soc and make a 7 layer board together with uboot, but i'm actually not looking towards making a gaming machine, but actually a versatile one, so you can use it in hospitals, as a server, as a controller for an electric appliance, or just to boot linux and read this forum. Always i'm speaking of a general purpose very low consumption board you can run on solar panels and a smalll battery.

Something else about the pcb: If you could open the workspace, you may notice that it is near completely routed, but it is in 2 layers. The real goal of mine is to have a single layer board where zeroo ohm resistors or common wire bridges would resolve the cross of conductive traces, so nearly everyone with soldering skills and some experience on common pcb etching could build it. Even that, the day a fully working version of this design be published, anyone should be able to pull or download the files and take them to a pcb facility towards getting the boards done. Doing it as a two layer board can be but it may make pcb factories mandatory.

you can look here if you wish to see how does it look actually:

https://www.openhardware.io/view/251/Wa ... M-computer

Should people begin to know us the aspies for developments like that, i think our situation may get better in the mid time and it may mean an improvement for everyone..