Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Oceana
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Dec 2016, 3:25 pm

I have been putting a lot of thought into feeling more comfortable throughout the day. I have certain things that make me feel comfortable, ranging from my favorite chair, to my softest pajamas and my fluffy robe, to my iPad, with the "nightshift" (sepia tone) option on.

What does your happy place include? What helps calm you?

I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable
I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still
I am lying in wait.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 11:46 pm

My happy place is my bedroom, lying in bed with my electric blanket, my iPod, and Netflix on my TV :D

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 4:52 pm

My happy place is my recliner with lots of pillows, a good book, and comfort food (mac and cheese, chocolate anything, warm apple cider).

KatyKat_721
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jan 2017, 8:20 pm

My happy place is my room, with my stuffed animals and my phone, to watch YouTube.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 6:36 pm

I've kept a score of special objects over time; presently it's my latest worry stone that I carry around with me if I'm in the house. I habitually toss it from hand to hand when I'm listening to music: my greatest comfort. I absolutely can't sit still if I'm listening to music however and have to be pacing. All my worry stones over the years have been dropped, lost or occasionally broken, and I replace them with whatever has the right weight and feel: stones, shells, dice, even buttons. :D When I was a child I did the same, except back then I could only listen to music sitting down, with an arrangement of my favourite books to the right side.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 6:31 pm

Time spent with my cat (I just have one now) is very relaxing.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 6:36 pm

It sounds strange, but watching videos of Denis Istomin is very calming, and very inspiring. I love listening to him talk about his life and his tennis.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 11:16 am

IstominFan wrote:
Time spent with my cat (I just have one now) is very relaxing.

I agree.
My cat's belly is my happy place.

TuesdaysChild
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2017, 11:44 pm

I have a little plastic owl that I like to hold in my palm when I'm stressed. I get frustrated when I can't find it.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2017, 1:59 am

when nothing helps then there's doing a good days work
or riding the 80 horse power 8O

flibbit
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2017, 10:50 am

My happy place:

In my recliner covered up under a cozy blanket, with my cat, George, in my lap; with a good cuppa tea; either with laptop, book, or iPhone (or all three? :D ); in my cozy living room that I've worked especially hard to decorate in a lovely Victorian-esque style (burgundy-painted walls, Royal Doulton character jugs on the shelves, tons of books, fireplace, Staffordshire spaniels, Delft on the walls, antique refinished secretary desk in the corner, yellow globe lamp, etc., you get the gist); --oh, and with the Amazon Echo playing something soft and quiet in the background, either the Renaissance or Baroque channels from Pandora. :mrgreen:

"There are surely other worlds than this -- other thoughts than the thoughts of the multitude -- other speculations than the speculations of the sophist. Who then shall call thy conduct into question? who blame thee for thy visionary hours, or denounce those occupations as the wasting away of life, which were but the overflowings of thine everlasting energies?" ~The Assignation, Edgar Allan Poe.