What's your favorite furry video game?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2016, 8:43 pm

What's your favorite video game starring furry, anthropomorphic animals?

Rules:

1. You must provide an image depicting the gameplay of the video game you mention. Links are also acceptable.

The game must consist of a universe of furries or one that has lots of them

3. The game must let you play as a furry right out of the bat, or at least give you the option to do so later on.

Now that you know the rules, I hope we'll have fun discussing furry-related video games! :cat:

-Thomas Jefferson

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 6:03 am

Dust: An Elysian Tail.

Game's awesome.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 11:44 am

I guess Animal crossing since you can buy animal suits for your villager to wear that resemble cats, bears, bunnies, or, if you're lucky, a kappa.

Several of the SMB games have animal suits as power-ups, starting in SMB3.

And of course there's Sonic.

But furries are so hated for some reason. :( Is it because people think it's all about bestial sex or just because it's weird? None of the games I've mentioned are sexual - okay, there was that one really bad Sonic game...

Vatnos
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2017, 6:36 pm

Rivals of Aether

A retro-style fighting game with the speed, combos, and competitive spirit of Super Smash Bros Melee at its core, but a more forgiving learning curve for newcomers, and an all-anthro cast.

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 6:07 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
But furries are so hated for some reason. :( Is it because people think it's all about bestial sex or just because it's weird? None of the games I've mentioned are sexual - okay, there was that one really bad Sonic game...

It's hated for the two reasons you suggested. It stems mainly from ignorance and the human tendency to be a little sadistic (I. E. bullying) towards another, probably to assert one "power" or expand their ego. I could already tell that these (neurotypical) people who usually hate furries are not only ignorant, but are also anti-social in one form or another. Ironic considering the fact that most of us aspies are usually furries. :roll:

On the subject of furry video games, I was considering buying animal crossing out of simple curiosity to see what kind of character will the game's RNG will generate based on my answers.

-Thomas Jefferson

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 2:19 pm

Not long ago I uploaded a video I made where a couple of Sims are dressed like raccoons and are causing mischief in raccoon fashion like eating out of trash cans and knocking them over. In my description I said "Lets see how many incredibly edgy furry jokes I can get in the comments". :roll:

So far I haven't gotten any comments at all. Maybe I should beg other people to rate comment and subscribe but I just HATE it when other people do that. Especially on videos I've already subscribed to.

OttselHero
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2017, 9:29 am

whatamievendoing wrote:
Dust: An Elysian Tail.

I second this. Easily one of my favorites. Wish there were more furry games out there; this console generation is perfect for them, yet all we get is the Ratchet and Clank reboot (of which I am not a fan).

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 9:22 pm

Lugaru is probably one of my faves. It's an old PC game based around martial arts combat and parkour where you play as a rabbit and fight other rabbits and wolves. :P It's pretty simplistic, but fun nonetheless. There's a successor game called Overgrowth that's been in early access for a long time, and they want an outrageous amount of money for it so I haven't bothered to pick it up.

Here's a video of some gameplay from Lugaru, but fair warning, it gets pretty violent/bloody. I mean it's not super gory, but it's more brutal than you'd expect from a furry game.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 9:33 pm

I break the rules. STARFOX!! !

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 9:46 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Lugaru is probably one of my faves. It's an old PC game based around martial arts combat and parkour where you play as a rabbit and fight other rabbits and wolves. :P It's pretty simplistic, but fun nonetheless. There's a successor game called Overgrowth that's been in early access for a long time, and they want an outrageous amount of money for it so I haven't bothered to pick it up.

Here's a video of some gameplay from Lugaru, but fair warning, it gets pretty violent/bloody. I mean it's not super gory, but it's more brutal than you'd expect from a furry game.

How much does that game go for? I'd really like to buy Overgrowth, but like you said, it's ridiculously expesive! :?

-Thomas Jefferson