The alt-right is a product of systemic anti-autistic abuse.

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2016, 9:47 pm

Hi all.

A while ago, I went on 4chan's /pol/ board because I wanted to reason with the alt-right on their own turf. I want to talk about my findings.

I went on there and made some very good anti-racist arguments that were grounded in science. I overestimated them. They accused me of being a Jew. I trolled them right back. They accused me of "being illogical" ... even though "Though art a Jew." is one of the least logical arguments imaginable.

Lesson Learned: If you use dumb anti-racist arguments, the alt-right will easily tear them apart. If you use intelligent anti-racist arguments that are grounded in science ... prepare for the Jew jokes. Their racist arguments appear logical at first ... but if you dig through the outer layer ... then you will find an angry, irrational inner layer that hates being revealed.

After that miserable failure, I decided to talk to them about autism. I got many different responses. Some of them told me "everyone here is an autist". One of them told me "autists need to be exterminated". One guy who responded to me was openly a self-hating autistic.

What does this tell us about the alt-right? It tells us that many of the people in the alt-right might be autistic. I'm not trying to insult the autistic community. I don't think that autistic people are sexist or racist by nature. I think that extremist organizations soak up social outcasts like a sponge. People who are hated by society often join extremist organizations just because they want a sense of belonging.

Lots of people say "Lots of autistics are racist because they don't get out enough!" I disagree. Lots of people become racist because they are mad at the world and they want to use minorities as chew toys. Not everyone can become anti-racist just by going outside. Some people will go outside, face discrimination, and then become angrier. This anger leads to more racism.

The alt-righters are mad because their lives are crappy. Their lives are crappy because of anti-autistic hate.

I don't want to see anyone in this thread say "I'm autistic and my life is fine." Not everyone on the spectrum is surrounded by supportive people. Some people on the spectrum have to work. Some of us were raised by abusive parents who refused to understand us. I think that autistic people are becoming politically radicalized in our age. This should worry us all.

There is only one solution to all of this: The political left needs to take a strong stance in favor of autism rights. If women and minorities are protected classes then we deserve all the same protections because we are a minority.

Furthermore, the people who are fighting for universal health care need to focus on psychotherapy. Psychotherapy can be expensive ... and this is very bad because some people desperately need it. In some countries, (such as Canada) psychotherapy is not covered under the universal health care system.

Lots of autistics have joined the far-right because the far-right gives them love and friendship. If we want to end this fiasco, we need to outdo them.

There are some good people on the left who aknowledge that anti-autistic hate is a massive social problem that deserves immediate attention. Unfortunately, some people on the left are like this: "Anti-autistic hate? Whatever. That's just a distraction from misogyny ... which is the only issue I care about."

Well ... now the alt-right is devouring people who should be autism rights activists. Why do they joke about the "upcoming beta male uprising"? Why do they use "The Feels Man" as an unofficial mascot? This is what happens when the needs of aspies are swept under the rug. This is what happens when our struggles are ignored by people who consider themselves "tolerant progressives". These men feel abandoned by society ... because they have been abandoned.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Dec 2016, 3:19 am

I'm not quite sure what the solution is to all this. But each of us can make a small difference by showing our solidarity as well as our support for those who feel left behind by society.

We need to constantly keep autism spectrum awareness and education in the forefront - just like civil rights were in the past, and women's rights, gay rights etc today. I don't mean we have to parade around with placards but we should raise our concerns via social media and the other "weapons" in the autistic arsenal.

These openly political forums are not a very good place to chat about these issues as they are full of trolls with self esteem issues hiding behind their computer screens and trying to make others miserable. These people will never learn because they have no desire to and arguing with such folk is pointless. Arguing with determinedly racist or homophobic people is just as useless because in most instances they won't change.

There are exceptions. Jack Hunter (aka Southern Avenger) changed his racist tune following the shocking Dylann Roof incident and claims to have rejected his previous views regarding the Confederate flag for instance.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 3:29 am

The idea that the political left would be receptive to autism advocacy would be true if it was still dominated by 1960's-1970's style liberals. This is not the case, the left has been hijacked by the SJW's/Regressive Left etc a world view that sees anybody that is not them as dumber than them and a bunch of racist, sexist people born with privilage and so on. The Nuerodiversity movement unlike SJW's who scream "diversity" is actually for diversity and individualism("If you have met one autistic, you have met one autistic") a total anathema to the world view predominant in todays "left"

The Alt right has adopted the idea that they are going to outdo the SJW's at thier own tactics. There is a saying people hate in others what they hate in themselves. Many alt right people come off as privileged in the old sense of the term, whiny spoiled brats, into identity politics just like you know who. The Autism connection to the alt right seems to have come from the "claim" by Milo Yiannopoulos that he is an Aspie because he can not get offended. A person who revels in the "post fact" world does not seem autistic to me. The problem is not the "alt right". The problem is troll feeding.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 3:48 am

No, it isn't.

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2016, 5:20 am

Good post bro.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Dec 2016, 5:29 am

So /pol/ is the alt-right? I think your first issue there is thinking you could have a rational argument about anything as outsider, it's trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls so determining what is real and what is shitposting is impossible. It's basically a game for these people, roleplaying, and honestly I think the influence of 4chan is really overstated but I guess I dunno anymore but it's just really hard to believe that to people praying to cartoon frogs and repeating digits really decided the presidential election. I suppose if SJWs as ridiculous as they are have so a lot of power then it is logical the movement the arisen in response may wield some as well.

The idea that it is a 'product of systemic anti-autistic abuse' I think is a stretch to say the least, I don't really agree that the alt-right is even a thing but rather more a media boogeyman. The white population practiced a bit of identity politics after being so maligned, people forget but half of those in poverty in the US are white even if overall it disproportionately is a lower % so there is a huge group of people who's interests weren't being represented or heard while Democrats went all in for minorities and other identity groupings expressing an open hatred for this other disadvantaged demographic. People are losing everything now so I guess it makes sense that some are clinging to their identity; lose your job, lose your family, lose your community, lose your future, lose your mind, they can take just about everything except what is in the mirror. Our society is sick and not on a sustainable path, our 'progressive' culture is making people miserable and pissed off.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 6:04 am

The title of the thread isnt true,but the OP did observe something interesting about hate groups.

Descrimination against autistics didnt spawn the Alt -right.

Most of the core members of what might be called the Alt-right movement are Neurotypicals who probably never thought about autism issues in their lives. But apparently (from what the OP observed) alt right groups (ie hate groups) apparently attract both folks who hate autistics, and they attract autistics.

All hatred is really self-hatred. Autistics are at least as prone to self hatred as anyone else, if not more so. So hate groups on the web probably do attract both many autistics, AND many folks who dream of exterminating all autistics (along with countless other groups the person might consider "undesireable") in concentration camps. And doubtless some autistics, and some autistic haters, are the same individuals. Sad, but probably true. So its fair to say that "anti-autistic abuse" feeds hate groups.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 6:20 pm

Quote:
A while ago, I went on 4chan's /pol/ board because I wanted to reason with the alt-right on their own turf.

That isn't where you go to have a reasoned debate with the alt-right, that's where you go to have everything you consider sacred urinated on and set on fire to the sounds of hyena-esque laughter. The 4-chan meme crowd play an important role getting attention and shifting the Overton window, but you won't find a great deal that resembles thought or argument there. Even if you do it's quickly drowned out by edgelords and poo-flingers.

This (slightly out of date) graphic is a sample of the various blogs / magazines / news sites where the more presentable and thoughtful parts of the alt-right or neoreaction (or whatever name we go by now) lie.

My personal favourite for some time has been Social Matter (http://www.socialmatter.net), I can spend hours pouring through the archives there.

Venture onwards young soldier, if your heart be steeled, your mind open and your mouse-clicking finger strong.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 8:52 pm

Dox47 wrote:
No, it isn't.

Why?

In 1992 and 1996 20% of Republicans supported Pat Buchanan an anti-Semitic Holocaust denier. If something like that happened so recently how can you say their isn't a substantial portion of the party that subscribes to the alt right's views.

David Duke also won the 1991 Louisiana Primary. Republican voters have got behind these people.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 9:13 pm

>4chan
>Alt-right

What drugs did you do before you went there?

I want to recreate this experience perfectly, thxs 8)

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 9:40 pm

I don't think anyone deserves the fate of being represented by 4chan... :P

Sargon had a crack at learning about the alt-right once. You might find his opinion interesting, though I'm not sure how accurate it is since I haven't taken very much interest in the alt-right myself, but he does seem to have put plenty of thought and time and effort into it, and I believe he debated with a popular alt-right figure on Youtube in another video that I didn't watch. Anyway, here's Sargon's video that I did watch:

There are more videos for searching Sargon alt right:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +alt+right

Yeesh, the debate is 4 hours long!

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 10:05 pm

Focusing on a "white" culture is different then focusing on a white race or supremacy. There is nothing wrong with preserving a culture but I'll add that whites don't have a culture cause white isn't even a race of people. There are many nations and cultures that are "white" so what "white" culture is the alt-right preserving? Furthermore not everyone that is white is Christian so I have some trouble making sense of that rant but I am watching it anyway.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 6:59 pm

The alt right:
black police, who rant against BLM
rappers and Ebonics-speakers against thugs
Mexicans who don't like illegals
gender non-comformists, who rant against the feminism and child sexualization
drug users, who rant against the govt pushing drugs
Nazi's who can't say that a Holocaust happened. (Shouldn't they be proud?)

In general, you should probably want to keep interesting wierdos ( :heart: with all due respect :heart: ) from any given social movement, making it the divided house, which can't stand, ie. one Willie Wonka, many Oompa Loompas. One chief, many Indians, One Kim Jong and so-on. There is probably room for only one colorful person, and lots of plain people, in any cult following.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 7:01 pm

I would be inclined to hazard that, yes, there are a disproportionate amount of pissed-off autistics in the alt-right movement.

Hey, we get kicked a lot. Getting kicked a lot inspires some people (quite a lot of people, actually) to want to kick someone else. Doesn't really matter who. Women, people who are "more disabled," people of a different color, different sexual orientation, different worldview-- just someone.

I mean, seriously-- Amy Schumer and Lena Dunham aren't exactly my bag as far as performance art goes. But they actually have figures that are closer to the average woman than the impossible female ideal. So, why else all the "fat c**t" comments?? Because, in our culture, "fat" is one of the most derisive things you can safely say about a female, and "c**t" is a synonym for "a female whose point of view I personally dislike."

Then there are some of us-- like, I have come to realize, Yours Truly-- who have joined the alt-right either because we're extremely disappointed at being kicked and mistreated by a liberalism we used to believe in (being told "You can't do that, you can't possibly do that" and getting handed more Risperdal, disability paperwork, and a lawyer's business card when I asked for help with specific issues was pretty much the last straw for me) or because the raw sewage spewing out of the alt-right actually accurately reflects the truth of life as we have experienced it.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 7:18 pm

It makes me a little uneasy, that all the misfits, from whichever side of the culture war, from every part of the world, are all getting put into one place, and being pitted against eachother, there.

That's like a Roman circus or colosseum.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 7:32 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Lesson Learned: If you use dumb anti-racist arguments, the alt-right will easily tear them apart. If you use intelligent anti-racist arguments that are grounded in science ... prepare for the Jew jokes.
I compliment you on getting in there and trying.

Now, what I've personally learned from peace activism and anti-war activism is that slightly understating my case seems to be the coin of the realm. And weirdly and paradoxically, the more high-stakes the issue, the more important to slightly understate.

So, I encourage you to keep trying. Just light-touch it, have modest expectations and try a variety of venues.

And I hope, more middle-class jobs is the game plan for right, left, and center. That's a very big reason people feel excluded and are excluded, and -- in theory at least -- is solvable. Just for the record, I bat politically from the left side of the plate. :D