Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 4:44 am

I mostly just use Facebook. I honestly don't get Twitter. Which forms of Social Media do you use?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 5:05 am

snapchat.

and that's about it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 9:05 am

Internet forums and Reddit, if those count. That's it.

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 9:12 am

Just forums and Facebook.

I can't get to grips with Twitter because it seems 'shallow' with a limited word count and no easy way to have a flowing conversation.

I like discussions and relationship-building, not shouting my opinion and having it go no further.

I primarily use Facebook for photographs, though - an easy way to share them with family and friends - and also for instant messaging.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 9:30 am

I mainly just have facebook to keep in contact with people. Although that said some guy off here added my huge account and started ranting at me for being a girl and not into aspie men. xD

Tumblr I sort of bother with, mainly just reblogging stuff and talking to a few other girls from the UK on there though.
I used to bother with Twitter but it's too toxic so I stay away from that.
Reddit I stopped with because I'm pretty sure that site has a default setting: angry and bitter at everything ever.

WP I used to post on a few years ago and I made a few friends off here but I forgot my account so I made this one.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 10:50 am

WP is all I use atm.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 12:56 am

Lunella wrote:
I mainly just have facebook to keep in contact with people. Although that said some guy off here added my huge account and started ranting at me for being a girl and not into aspie men. xD

what do you mean by "huge" account? lots of posts, photos, friends? :mrgreen:

sheesh, you really can't escape the sheer entitlement some of these "men" have. i'd have thought just leaving the damn site was enough, but nah.
i stopped using facebook in 2013, the lives of those others still on it who i once knew are now of no interest to me whatsoever, they could vanish and i would hardly notice. perhaps, some already have.

i visited it several times after that over the course of three years to gaze into the life of the sole person there who i loved deeply, at the time.
it's all gone now. all traces of that obsession are being snuffed out. and fuckerberg is not getting any more.

you said you had an account here and you forgot about it?
i looked up your IP out of curiosity.

did you know that well over a hundred other users have posted from the address you are posted from just there? :idea:

i realize that might not be uncommon, but it's the first time i've seen it, and i didn't expect to see over 700 of my own listed there!

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 3:59 pm

I use Facebook to get the latest photographs of my grandchildren, nieces and nephews. I sometime post a "like" on pictures or articles that interest me.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 4:26 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
Lunella wrote:

what do you mean by "huge" account? lots of posts, photos, friends? :mrgreen:

sheesh, you really can't escape the sheer entitlement some of these "men" have. i'd have thought just leaving the damn site was enough, but nah.
i stopped using facebook in 2013, the lives of those others still on it who i once knew are now of no interest to me whatsoever, they could vanish and i would hardly notice. perhaps, some already have.

i visited it several times after that over the course of three years to gaze into the life of the sole person there who i loved deeply, at the time.
it's all gone now. all traces of that obsession are being snuffed out. and fuckerberg is not getting any more.

you said you had an account here and you forgot about it?
i looked up your IP out of curiosity.

did you know that well over a hundred other users have posted from the address you are posted from just there? :idea:

i realize that might not be uncommon, but it's the first time i've seen it, and i didn't expect to see over 700 of my own listed there!

Sorry I couldn't find a name I was happy with. :mrgreen:
Really though that'd just be my ISP IP I guess? Which I suppose means 700+ people here are from my town which is awesome lol. My old IP would be different anyway, I've moved all over the place. I'm not really fussed about the old account anyway, half of the people I talked to probably aren't even here anymore.

As for the huge facebook account, it has a bit of both: https://www.facebook.com/xLunella
I don't even know why 2 thousand+ people follow me I'm like not even that interesting lol. One day I started getting tons of adds so I just added them to see what would happen... low and behold, dick pics everywhere. That's what happens, don't do it kids.

That dude that added me from here was like interrogating me on my opinion of aspie males and got offended instantly. I even let my bf read the chat and he just laughed and said "what a bellend" lol.

Facebook is just poo though I agree, I only really use it these days to send cat pics to my boyfriend in work and chat with a few friends who I hang out with offline. Otherwise it's full of narcissistic people like.. posting selfies every day/few hours which is mental. Sometimes I'll scroll just so I can see news articles and posts from artists/pages I like but otherwise I don't bother too much.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 2:23 am

Lunella wrote:
Sorry I couldn't find a name I was happy with. :mrgreen:
Really though that'd just be my ISP IP I guess? Which I suppose means 700+ people here are from my town which is awesome lol. My old IP would be different anyway, I've moved all over the place. I'm not really fussed about the old account anyway, half of the people I talked to probably aren't even here anymore.

lool, probably not that they're sharing your town, i'm in california and i share your IP, as do many others whom i know are american. 8)

the main IP i posted from changed suddenly sometime last year and now i only have several but with thousands of posts each, to them.

Lunella wrote:
That dude that added me from here was like interrogating me on my opinion of aspie males and got offended instantly. I even let my bf read the chat and he just laughed and said "what a bellend" lol.

Facebook is just poo though I agree, I only really use it these days to send cat pics to my boyfriend in work and chat with a few friends who I hang out with offline. Otherwise it's full of narcissistic people like.. posting selfies every day/few hours which is mental. Sometimes I'll scroll just so I can see news articles and posts from artists/pages I like but otherwise I don't bother too much.

i have not once heard someone say "bellend" in a conversation here. you and i, we are definitely not from the same place.

i think most social media sites are guilty of that, snapchat certainly is, but that shouldn't be surprising given how it revolves around taking pictures. i wouldn't be caught dead taking a selfie unless i'm trying out the filters. more often i just post pictures of my artworks.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 10:51 am

^ Aww I got my hopes up too. xD

Haha, well I am from the UK, we basically have our own minor swear words.

Selfies are a weird one. I only really do them rarely, otherwise I kinda think it ruins your image a bit and people start thinking you're some kind of narcissist. I'm getting an SLR camera soon for some photography fun so I may do another, I'll see how I feel.

Instagram is pretty good for showcasing your works I always thought. I think I might update mine and put some professional stuff on it later in the new year.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 1:51 pm

Grammar Geek wrote:
Internet forums and Reddit, if those count. That's it.

Same. I occasionally use YouTube to post videos of my programming projects. I also use email and text messaging if you'd count those as social media.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 2:46 am

Lunella wrote:
Selfies are a weird one. I only really do them rarely, otherwise I kinda think it ruins your image a bit and people start thinking you're some kind of narcissist. I'm getting an SLR camera soon for some photography fun so I may do another, I'll see how I feel.

i think some people just don't have another person they trust to take a picture of them they're happy with.

that's the way i am :mrgreen: i have to fight the urge to think of others as narcissists merely because of their selfies. group selfies are a lil bit..."less" offensive in that regard, methinks.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 10:23 pm

I also use IRC, but that's mainly to get help with programming stuff. I don't chit chat on there.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 10:45 pm

Off Topic - saxgeek, your avatar made me miss Super Monkey Ball so much I that I ordered it from ebay. I hope my GameCube still works :D

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jan 2017, 1:17 am

I used MySpace & that was after MySpace started dying & I also used DarkStarlings but I quit both years ago.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition