Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

pasty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2016, 4:07 pm

Does anyone else listen to the same song over and over for hours at a time, many days in a row and think about the song constantly when not playing it? What quality does a particular song have that makes this so tempting?

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 7:42 am

I do catch myself doing this on occasion. One thing I've noticed in my case is that the song usually has a very cool riff or groove that made me go "wow". And I mean literally go "wow".

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 12:40 pm

No to me that would be a good way to burn myself out on the song. I have burnt myself out on some artists/bands from listening to them so much over a period of time, I imagine it would be even worse if I just repeated the same song.

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 1:08 pm

Not exactly the same song, but I have been listening to the same few albums daily since I was in my early/mid teens. My favourite bands and musicians get listened to every day. Drives my husband crazy on long drives, as you can imagine.

If they release a new single or album, that does get played on repeat for roughly an hour until I'm confident with the lyrics and tune and can absorb it into my regular playlist.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 6:00 pm

I don't like to play songs on repeat (the "bubblegum" effect- I think of songs as being like bubbly in that it can lose its flavour if you chew it too much) but if I discover something new I like a lot I may listen to it twice in the same session.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

searsdp04
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2017, 2:07 pm

I do. It very much depends on the time of year for me, winter I generally have slower music than summertime. The only thing is it generally is always off of one of the two Braveheart soundtracks. Right now it is Outlawed tunes on Outlawed pipes.

I know my family has to be sick of that when they are in the car with me, but it is my car I pay the bills and to me it is relaxing!

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2017, 2:42 pm

Yes which is why I'm trying to break that habit, I don't want to get burnt out on good songs and artist. Which is a good reason for why I always seek out music from different artist and genres, if I have a ton of songs it will dillude the chances of me getting burnt out sooner.