Page 13 of 42 [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 42  Next

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 4:57 pm

Datalis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
i can't believe you don't know that obama added 15 million jobs. and immigrants actually are good for the economy and would be better if legalized.

Lol how are they good for the economy? How is paying for housing for immigrants good for the economy? Oh, giving immigrants free housing makes it easier for those born in the US on government assistance...wait, what? Government jobs don't count.

for one thing, immigrants buy stuff, a de facto economy stimulus.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2017, 5:00 pm

cathylynn wrote:
Datalis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
i can't believe you don't know that obama added 15 million jobs. and immigrants actually are good for the economy and would be better if legalized.

Lol how are they good for the economy? How is paying for housing for immigrants good for the economy? Oh, giving immigrants free housing makes it easier for those born in the US on government assistance...wait, what? Government jobs don't count.

So, they take American jobs and burden the welfare system, but they "buy stuff", so that fixes everything? Strong logic there.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 5:46 pm

Trump Derangement Syndrome, perfectly personified in 26 seconds:

Every time this video is played, 1000 new Trump voters are generated. :D

There Are Four Lights!

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 5:54 pm

Datalis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Datalis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

So, they take American jobs and burden the welfare system, but they "buy stuff", so that fixes everything? Strong logic there.

they don't qualify for welfare, and many of the jobs they take, no americans want.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 6:30 pm

do you know how much your produce would cost if americans rather than immigrants were tending it?

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2017, 7:19 pm

cathylynn wrote:
Datalis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Datalis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

they don't qualify for welfare, and many of the jobs they take, no americans want.

Really? Because in my city alone they have welcomed a few thousand refugees and are paying for their housing. Also, that is such a cop out. No one WANTS to be a cashier, no one WANTS to mop floors; however some people have to. Either they can't do anything else, because they are not mentally capable, or they need a starter job.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2017, 7:20 pm

cathylynn wrote:
do you know how much your produce would cost if americans rather than immigrants were tending it?

Yeah, we wouldn't have out brakes of E. Coli, because someone took a s**t in the field. You do realize there is such a thing as local farmers markets, correct?

LonelyRabbit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jan 2017, 7:32 pm

Darmok wrote:
Trump Derangement Syndrome, perfectly personified in 26 seconds:

Every time this video is played, 1000 new Trump voters are generated. :D

I'll cringe if I watch that lol

My friend works at Whole Foods and he said when he went into work the day after election, that his co-workers were crying LITERALLY crying because Trump won...

Why are people acting like Trump is gonna put everyone away in concentration camps??

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 7:41 pm

Datalis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Datalis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Datalis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

Really? Because in my city alone they have welcomed a few thousand refugees and are paying for their housing. Also, that is such a cop out. No one WANTS to be a cashier, no one WANTS to mop floors; however some people have to. Either they can't do anything else, because they are not mentally capable, or they need a starter job.

refugees have documents. undocumented folks can't get welfare.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 9:44 pm

LonelyRabbit wrote:
Why are people acting like Trump is gonna put everyone away in concentration camps??

how and why do I fear thee? let me count just a FEW of the ways-
*removal of legalized abortion/birth control in some states.
*de facto reversal of LGBTQ protections under law, reversal of gay marriage. ditto for legalized pot as Sessions is against that.
*no more social security, kill medicare so no more affordable health care for the working class/old.
*killing the first amendment for the 99% via institutionalized abuse of libel law. expect SLAPP suits to proliferate.
*tax INCREASES on everybody else to pay for those ridiculous welfare-for-the-rich unnecessary tax cuts only for the rich.
*carte blanche for abusive police to keep on abusing colored/poor whites.
*packing SCOTUS with fascist troglodytes, turning the supreme court into a ultra-right-wing kangaroo court for GENERATIONS in the future.
*kill the EPA, increased pollution.
the people who will likely hurt the most are aspies LIKE US (no more social security means no more SSI/SSDI]. most of this damage will be irreversible once put into effect.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 10:02 pm

we have a farmer's market. it's seasonal, expensive, and limited in variety. i support it anyway.

positing that immigrants but not americans would resort under the quota system to using a field as a bathroom smacks of racism.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2017, 10:10 pm

cathylynn wrote:
we have a farmer's market. it's seasonal, expensive, and limited in variety. i support it anyway.

positing that immigrants but not americans would resort under the quota system to using a field as a bathroom smacks of racism.

It's happened in the past. That's like you calling me racist, because I said a black man in an inner city raped a white women, even though statistically blacks commit more crime in inner cities than whites. Facts cannot be racist, despite what liberals think. By the way, one of my best friends is black and he agrees with me. I guess that makes him an "Uncle Tom". Not to mention how sanctuary cities have a high crime rate and illegals can get away with all sorts of come, get deported and then come back.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 10:15 pm

to assume what happened once is an ongoing threat and that it's limited to a class you don't favor is racist.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2017, 10:16 pm

cathylynn wrote:
to assume what happened once is an ongoing threat and that it's limited to a class you don't favor is racist.

What?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 8:40 am

I've been disowned by friends over my political opinions. Ironically, the opinions didn't last nearly as long as the friendship had...

LonelyRabbit

22 Jan 2017, 5:00 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
I've been disowned by friends over my political opinions. Ironically, the opinions didn't last nearly as long as the friendship had...

they don't sound like real friends...