Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 8:01 pm

I have Tourette's. Recently, my strangest tic is screaming, "CHIPOTLE GIVES PEOPLE FOOD POISONING!! !"

For those who don't know, Chipotle is a restaurant. Also, I've never even been to Chipotle.

Thankfully, I have managed to only do it when no-one else is around. So far.

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 10:54 pm

My tics have lessened a lot in recent years to the point where they're usually only slight facial twitches, but I've had some bad ones in the past. My worst one (for other people) was probably me screaming at the top of my lungs. I used to be an exceptionally loud screamer, and people outside the house could often hear me. Luckily I never did it at school.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 7:48 am

Every time I see a cute cat video, especially if the cat looks like one of mine, I squeal happily like a little girl.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 11:10 am

Grammar Geek wrote:
My tics have lessened a lot in recent years to the point where they're usually only slight facial twitches, but I've had some bad ones in the past. My worst one (for other people) was probably me screaming at the top of my lungs. I used to be an exceptionally loud screamer, and people outside the house could often hear me. Luckily I never did it at school.

I don't scream at the top of my lungs that often, but my dad does. Then he denies screaming anything.

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2017, 4:15 pm

What has been my strangest / worst tics have correlated to my sensory issues . Like shouting when suddenly startled , especially when in mid sentence , and thankfully more rarely situationally triggered coprolailia . Such as this one time when I was hanging out outside a supermarket , waiting for some of my family to finish up checking out , and got startled while I was lost in thought , by some woman , whom might have been part of some severely strict cult , whom bawled out her young sons because she did not like the way they were walking . Not only did I give off a shout , I then ended up following up by loudly shouting "what a b**ch!" . Fortunately I came away unscathed , except for receiving some hard looks from some Amish men . Subsequently I always try to be more aware of my surroundings , and keep on guard for sudden disturbances .

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 3:07 am

I honestly don't know. The majority of tics I have had are in my friends or reported online as very common. Quacking/grunting is something I never heard other people do or closing my eyes and rolling them, but I have a friend with the same tic...

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 1:14 pm

I'm not really sure, though I used to be mocked in primary school for staring at people's faces for long periods of time, but I never knew I was doing it until someone pointed it out because I would zone out. A few years ago I tore up the garden for hours everyday trying to remove all traces of a creeper that was growing underneath the turf (futility!) In this regard I think I have quite a few habits like this that tend towards relentlessly putting something in order, otherwise I feel irritable and unable to concentrate. If I find a hair on my carpet, I search the whole carpet for more so I can relax again, etc... In the course of my treatment for depression (long before the ASD was mentioned) I met a few people suffering with OCD, and I do wonder if some of my own tics today are actually more to do with this than Asperger's.

The Powerpuff Girls
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Feb 2017, 2:22 pm

I have mild symptoms I think, sometimes I get singing tourrettes, and I can't stop singing until I'm zonked out, seriously.

hellhole
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Feb 2017, 7:12 pm

When I was a kid I used to clench my front teeth together which was a tic, and I couldn't stop myself, which was actually a bit painful, and I would legit cry over not being able to stop it...

So damn glad I have got them under control now, having Tourettes was a nightmare. :?

"vulnerable narcissistic defenses w/ mild borderline traits"; Body Dysmorphic Disorder, (self-diagnosed).

Our internal representation of reality: (http://bit.ly/2BJuj5o)

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2017, 9:02 pm

I had a breathing tic.

I would breathe in normally but then I would only let out my breath little by little until it was all out. Then repeat. I would end up gasping for air which wasn't pleasant.

I ended up seeing my psychiatrist for this (still don't think tics should be in the realm of psychiatry, more neurology) and he upped my haloperidol to 5mgs every night. Thankfully that worked and now I have no problem. That breathing tic was really strange.

NikNak
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2017, 9:37 pm

I don't have Tourette's but I've had what probably could be described as a 'breathing tic', possibly triggered by stress. It was this strange, short 'squeak' exhale at the back top of my throat often followed by another 'exhale' that can be felt from a high point in my noise/ top of my throat. It's an extremely rare occurance now but there was a period when it happened quite a bit. Perhaps it was more related to my OCD or some sort of stress response stim... I have no idea.

My brother (also ASD with OCD-like features) has had a tic for most of his life that moves accross his entire face... he curls his lip a lot as is he were snarling.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 3:47 am

I've had my share of breathing tics. Not fun.

I've also had paralysis tics and tics that kind of look like a grand-mal seizure. The first time that happened, I thought I was going mad.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 8:53 am

Occasionally, I will get a tic with my eyelid. It has happened quite a bit this week.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 2:33 pm

Whenever I see joggers I tic run Forrest run.
If I see Dogs I start barking
I do a pretty good Donald Duck impression as a tic
I've ticced you're not disabled at obsviously dislabled people.
Caramel pineapples
Death is coming in a super creepy voice.
The Mexican wave arm movement
Star jumps
I could probably update you every single day with a new one, some of them are just totally batshit.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 3:00 pm

I've had a few strange tics throughout my life with Tourette's----but, probably the strangest, is the one I'm currently having to endure..... Locking my knees. I'll just be walking-along like a normal person, and all-of-a-sudden, I'll have to stop to lock my knees----and then, I'll walk a little bit more, and have to stop and lock my knees, again. It's incredibly inconvenient----and, if I'm walking with someone, I have to think of some reason why I stopped.

Another strange one I had was singing, at the top of my voice: "Tra-la-la BOOM-dee-eh"! !

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 6:23 pm

Whenever one of my favorite tennis players makes a winning shot, I say "Me-ow!," in approval. It makes no sense, other than I associate tennis players with cats in terms of the way they move.