Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 6:44 am

The mods can ask the mod who deleted his posts; I think there's only one mod taking care of L&D.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 9:42 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The mods can ask the mod who deleted his posts; I think there's only one mod taking care of L&D.

That would be easy if we knew who the mod who deleted the posts was. It is true that some mods have particular territory they stick to, but this doesn't mean that mod is the only one who might ever act there. It would be really helpful if you could provide more information about this.

In general, if someone posts very offensive material, they may be banned quickly as a troll. If someone posts a serious post that contains offensive material, they get a warning and only face a ban after ignoring several warnings. I don't know the details of the post you are discussing, so I don't know where it would fall in those calculations, but it's possible the member may have been warned but is being given a chance to get it right going forward.

voidofcontext
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2017, 9:50 am

There was a post in the thread by a moderator re-iterating the TOS of the forum re: depictions of sexual violence. I can't remember who it was.

It really didn't help that there were a lot of people rationalising and excusing it on his (the OP) behalf, it was a truly horrible thing to see.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 10:27 am

voidofcontext wrote:
There was a post in the thread by a moderator re-iterating the TOS of the forum re: depictions of sexual violence. I can't remember who it was.

It really didn't help that there were a lot of people rationalising and excusing it on his (the OP) behalf, it was a truly horrible thing to see.

Not sure if we are talking about the same member, but I recall I also was surprised how few reacted to his post calling it out as rape.

According to the OP's story, the girl did bad things to him (Cheating, gold-digging....etc) - but that doesn't mean people should be more tolerating to what he did.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 10:28 am

Adamantium wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

That would be easy if we knew who the mod who deleted the posts was. It is true that some mods have particular territory they stick to, but this doesn't mean that mod is the only one who might ever act there. It would be really helpful if you could provide more information about this.

In general, if someone posts very offensive material, they may be banned quickly as a troll. If someone posts a serious post that contains offensive material, they get a warning and only face a ban after ignoring several warnings. I don't know the details of the post you are discussing, so I don't know where it would fall in those calculations, but it's possible the member may have been warned but is being given a chance to get it right going forward.

Fine, I have whispered his name to you by pm; you can investigate from there.

voidofcontext
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2017, 10:35 am

I think we are. It was a busy and memorable thread and I've only been posting on the forum for a very short amount of time and can't recall anything else of that nature being posted, despite a lot of horrible stuff being expressed about women in general being a recurring theme here from what I have seen.

In the thread there were a handful of people (myself included, yeah I know virtue signalling, etc.) talking about how consent works and trying to contextualise the matter for clarity and basically calling it what it was i.e. sexual assualt/rape.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 11:46 am

Forget it, it is a lost cause - lock this thread please.