- Prince 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
- Other (please post) 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 20

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 8:49 am

Tim_Tex and Campin_Cat wrote:
For me, it was Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher, because they were mother and daughter and died within a day of each other, and it was believed that Debbie Reynolds died of a broken heart.

Yeah, I totally believe people can die of a broken heart, as it has happened in my family, a few times. It has happened before with famous people, as well----the ones I remember, off-the-top-of-my-head, are: Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash (died just shy of 4 months, apart); and, Brittany Murphy and her husband, Simon Monjack (died 5 months apart).

Tim_Tex and Campin_Cat wrote:
Shimon Peres and Lauren Bacall were cousins.

Dr. Henry Heimlich was the uncle of Anson Williams (Potsie from Happy Days)

Cyril deGrasse Tyson, 89, civil rights activist and Neil's dad, died this week.

Thanks, for posting these----being a fan of trivia, as well as celebrities, I really appreciate these tidbits!!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 8:55 am

@traven: Thanks, for posting that video----they are / were COOL!!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 3:12 pm

I don't want to put one person's life above anyone else', but when I think of the losses of 2016, the name that comes to mind first is either Prince, or Carrie Fisher.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 4:04 pm

Karavaychuk was born on December 28, 1927, in Kiev, into the family of a violinist who was arrested when Oleg was two years old. From early childhood, he composed music.

He graduated from the School of Music at the Leningrad State Conservatory in 1945. In March 1943, he took part in a concert of young musicians in celebration of the 80th anniversary of the Conservatory in Tashkent. In 1945-1951 he studied at the Leningrad State Conservatory piano class (teacher Samarii Savshinsky).

Since 1953 he wrote music for films, although he claims that he began in movie industry because it was the only work, which was not prohibited by the KGB.

For years Karavaychuk lived on the 15th Line of Vasilyevsky Island with his mother, in the house between the Sredny and Maly Prospects, close to the park named after Vera Slutskaya. Locals often saw him on the street and in nearby stores. With its extravagant appearance and behavior (manner of walking and stay, to deal with saleswomen, sunglasses, and a long mane of hair) Oleg Karavaychuk earned the nickname "mad composer" and was, therefore, a local landmark.

FragMichNichtWiesMirGeht
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jan 2017, 11:55 am

Anne Jackson.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 8:00 pm

I just remembered, the greatest pro-wrestler of all time, Rowdy Roddy Piper, had passed away in 2016.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 6:13 am

...line) , : pretty-boy : pop hite : postElvis , prebemaker of th: My : choice , not lsted here , was singer BOBBY VEE (real name Robert Thmas Veline) , : pretty-boy hitmaker of the post-Elvis , pre-Beatles era : (And/or : post-Buddy Holly : , who he emulated to an extent .) , with tons of good records and a longer active career than you might have remembered .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 8:49 am

I've never met any of these people, so their passing away has the same meaning as any stranger passing away.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 2:58 am