Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 6:52 pm

Anyone here been septic before? Will you tell me your story?

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2017, 4:19 pm

I had sepsis. I was pregnant at the time, but I knew something wasn't right. So I went to the hospital told them my concerns and they sent me home with some antibiotics for a UTI. Went back the next day as I was sure something wasn't right, had a scan everything was fine so sent me home again. I went back that evening as something wasn't right, but they still dismissed me. So on Christmas eve I went into labour whilst at my parents of all places, so had to get an ambulance to the hospital, then the A&E department had a fetus at 20 weeks, got told I was septic, waited for another ambulance to transport me to the maternity ward and had a pretty crappy Christmas. I missed my daughter 1st Christmas, was surrounded by people be congratulated with babies, had salvation army play Christmas songs, which apparently have the word boy and baby a lot, which pissed me off more. I actually felt fine and not septic at all though. I was colder than normal, but I'm cold a lot so I just put it down to the weather.

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 9:47 pm

amykitten wrote:
I had sepsis. I was pregnant at the time, but I knew something wasn't right. So I went to the hospital told them my concerns and they sent me home with some antibiotics for a UTI. Went back the next day as I was sure something wasn't right, had a scan everything was fine so sent me home again. I went back that evening as something wasn't right, but they still dismissed me. So on Christmas eve I went into labour whilst at my parents of all places, so had to get an ambulance to the hospital, then the A&E department had a fetus at 20 weeks, got told I was septic, waited for another ambulance to transport me to the maternity ward and had a pretty crappy Christmas. I missed my daughter 1st Christmas, was surrounded by people be congratulated with babies, had salvation army play Christmas songs, which apparently have the word boy and baby a lot, which pissed me off more. I actually felt fine and not septic at all though. I was colder than normal, but I'm cold a lot so I just put it down to the weather.

That sounds awful and confusing!

But, I'm starting to understand that sepsis isn't something that is black and white...

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 12:47 am

Thankfully not but did about ten months of researching various body processes concerning mortal peril when I went through a morose spell of a second existential crisis thinking I was going to turn septic constantly, before that I thought I had a brain tumour lol. I remember once my arm was all flushed on one side and I forgot I had a scratch from the day before so assumed it was a sign I was heading for septic shock, I didn't realize I was doing my stretching and had just finished stretching that arm up so the blood was coming back, what a dope.