Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Do you have problems at school (or work)?
No, i have never had problems at school 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, but i have had in the past 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Yes, with teachers (or bosses) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, with students (or coworkers) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, with both teachers and students 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
Yes, similar to the problems that are described in this thread. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
I dont know/dont understand the question 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 12:50 pm

Hello.
Recently i have had problems at school with teachers and other students.
Issues with teachers are about them doing something or saying something that i wrong, me getting confused and the teachers then thinking that i "wanted to make them look bad".
The other students i have had some issues with for a few different reasons;
some of the students in question simply are stupid and are annoying during class (are focused on their phones during class and talk with eachother during the lesson), others because i just think they are annoying (not many, but one or two).
I am getting picked on by a few students, i think its wrong what they are doing but i am not hurt or offended nor do i feel bullied.
How do you cope with problems at school or work (or similar)?

Yo El
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2017, 1:37 pm

I think the problem here might be attitude. You say that some people in your class are stupid and annoying during class. Stating that someone is 'stupid' strikes me as quitte arrogant. If you come across as someone who is 'arrogant', people will find it less immoral to pick on you. You can easily solve this problem by being nice to people, even if they are mean to you. You can ask them for the reason why they don't like you, and afterwards work on these problems. Also from personal experience, don't try to wrong a teacher it always ends up badly.

There is no such thing as stupid people, it's a matter of perspective.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 1:44 pm

I was either one of those "teacher's pet" kids, or the opposite. The teacher's attitude affected that of the children. If another child didn't like me, but the teacher did, they didn't bother me as much. If the teacher didn't like me, she often let the other children bully or harass me. I was home-schooled since the fifth grade so middle school and high school bullying didn't affect me. But what I got in grade school basically gave me PTSD. Even if my mother doesn't believe it because I was "too young" or "real bullying doesn't stand until high school" or whatever stupid excuse she gave. But anyway, I had problems with both teachers and other students. I volunteer at a veterinarian's office, the closest thing I've ever known to having a job. I've never had a problem with my bosses and although some of my co-workers were a little "strange", they never personally harassed me.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 2:54 am

Yo El wrote:
I think the problem here might be attitude. You say that some people in your class are stupid and annoying during class. Stating that someone is 'stupid' strikes me as quitte arrogant. If you come across as someone who is 'arrogant', people will find it less immoral to pick on you. You can easily solve this problem by being nice to people, even if they are mean to you. You can ask them for the reason why they don't like you, and afterwards work on these problems. Also from personal experience, don't try to wrong a teacher it always ends up badly.

There is no such thing as stupid people, it's a matter of perspective.

For most people it is true but some of these people i know known since i was 6.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Jan 2017, 1:31 am

I was bullied alot in school till I went to a school for dyslexia in the middle of 6th grade. I had a hard time getting along with teachers before then too because they thought I was the bully & that I wasn't trying hard enough in class. I haven't had many problems after that or in the workplace except by management at one job which caused me to quit. They got rid of my department shorty after I left & I would of had a hard time working in other departments cuz of my disabilities so i think I was kinda forced out.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition