: Traditional : kid,s comics (Archi/Mad/Disney) .

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 4:19 pm

I,d like to bring up the subject of older-guard American comics more aimed at kids ( : and kids of all ages ! !! : :) , as they say !) .
In the header I mentioned the Archie comics , comics based on the : ducks and mice : Disney characters , and Mad Magazine for examples of that .
I guess magna has become so much what tends to be meant by kid-oriented (and older-audience , too ???) comics , especially among Aspies?? - that : kid,s comics : might be seen as practically synonomous with magna _ Well ,, those of us older in America grew up in an era when almost all comics were American (Maybe some British or Canadian stuff that could : pass ; _ Hah !) !
I,m not anti-magna , lket me make this clear .
F--K , I,m wearing a Pikachu t-shirt nnow !
I just want to speak about old-guard : kkid :-type comics (especially)) and the 3 examples I mentioned above can be good ones-
ARCHIE hhas , for the past year-plus , been really actively pushing this : mnew generation : approach to the Archie characters in their traditional comic book-sized 32-pagers - Meanwhile they,ve bbeen following more te older approach in the mostly-reprint Digests , and are reportedly having financial trouble and having next to no new stories being done for the digests , but relying on their big backlog/filing cabinet oof unpublished stories for the newmaterial and I suppose hoping that the soon-coming : Riverdale : series onn the CW network will save the farm .
DISNEY comics (Again ,meaing the classic cartoon charactters , Mickey & Donald , etc.) are published in America - But they,re prettymarginal .
MAD is still being published , at=nd at the end of the year they put out their usually strong : 20 Dumbest Things About 20__ : issue ,/ rather concentrating on blasting Trump (though Hillary was skewered too)...But , um , anyway .
Feel free to bring up any additional subjects to these ! :D

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!