Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 9:02 pm

I really hate life, I can't stand living here, I hate my upstairs neighbors, I been hearing noises non-stop all day long, it put me in a bad mood. I want to clean & pack again, but I'm getting sooooo much panic attacks & can't handle my grandmother anymore, I love talking to her on the phone, I hate that she thinks she knows everything, but she don't care to listen to the truth. I can feel soooo alone & it is sooooo scary. I wish I can handle things, it's better than dying.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 9:58 pm

I often feel similar.

Like the constant struggle with life is too much. I will sometimes feel like that even when there is nothing wrong, just tired of struggling.

I spent the weekend in Monterey and watching all of the NTs reminds how much I don't fit.

Not sure I have anything positive to offer, but I think I understand.

selflessness
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2017, 11:21 am

I can recommend reusable ear plugs. They've done wonders to help me sleep, as my hospital roommate snores. They'll help against noisy neighbours too.

Sandpoint
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jan 2017, 1:05 am

Oh man, I can relate to the pain of this post........ I too live in an apartment at the time, on the third level (We're the top most level), but there's been a few individuals of whom have made life miserable as of late. On Purpose..... It's an absolute nightmare for my little family.. My daughter and I are both on the spectrum.. Her more so than I, and the issues have brought great suffering to us... All the earplugs, and headsets in the world can't fix this now.... Plus, it brings the most damage to my little one who can't understand what's going on or tolerate things on her ears to block it out. It can truly make one hate life.. This I understand dearly.....

RAADS-R Score: 183.0

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 1:28 am

Sandpoint wrote:
Oh man, I can relate to the pain of this post........ I too live in an apartment at the time, on the third level (We're the top most level), but there's been a few individuals of whom have made life miserable as of late. On Purpose..... It's an absolute nightmare for my little family.. My daughter and I are both on the spectrum.. Her more so than I, and the issues have brought great suffering to us... All the earplugs, and headsets in the world can't fix this now.... Plus, it brings the most damage to my little one who can't understand what's going on or tolerate things on her ears to block it out. It can truly make one hate life.. This I understand dearly.....

My apartment has hardwood floors that why I can hear everything. I can't get earplugs, I won't hear the tv & the earplugs might not fit my ears, I have two different size ears (I was in a fire that damaged my ear) my headphones for my music block out noise from my cat. I wonder if buying a large rug will help.

selflessness
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2017, 12:48 pm

Nah earplugs should adjust to your ear so it should be fine. And you'll still hear the TV, you'll just have to turn up the volume a little. I got the Alpine Sleepsoft earplugs which cost me €14 but worth every penny.

Private Idaho
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jan 2017, 2:00 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
My apartment has hardwood floors that why I can hear everything.

A partial solution might be to get some thick area rugs to dampen the noise. Hardwood floors cause a lot of echo and rugs absorb sound.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 10:36 pm

Can you have two different rugs in your living room?

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 11:36 pm

If you can't do anything more, take a break. Go to the store and get some good earplugs. Turn up the radio or TV to tune them out. If you can, start making plans for moving out. Can you talk to your neighbors about the noise and reach a compromise? Maybe you could take a break from calling your grandmother about your problems for a while and call somebody else? My grandmother can be the same way. I think she acts that way because she knows you're in a mood and you're not thinking clearly and she's not sure what to say to make it better, but I'm sure she's trying. If you have your own apartment, you obviously can handle things. You just have bad neighbors. It happens to everyone. If the noise is unreasonable, you can complain to whoever's in charge of the building.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 11:55 pm

rats_and_cats wrote:
If you can't do anything more, take a break. Go to the store and get some good earplugs. Turn up the radio or TV to tune them out. If you can, start making plans for moving out. Can you talk to your neighbors about the noise and reach a compromise? Maybe you could take a break from calling your grandmother about your problems for a while and call somebody else? My grandmother can be the same way. I think she acts that way because she knows you're in a mood and you're not thinking clearly and she's not sure what to say to make it better, but I'm sure she's trying. If you have your own apartment, you obviously can handle things. You just have bad neighbors. It happens to everyone. If the noise is unreasonable, you can complain to whoever's in charge of the building.

I live on my own. It's the hardwood floors that why I can hear soooo much noise, it is not only the noise, it gets toooo sunny for me, the sun can make my stomach sick & I can get a headache too.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 12:01 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
rats_and_cats wrote:

I live on my own. It's the hardwood floors that why I can hear soooo much noise, it is not only the noise, it gets toooo sunny for me, the sun can make my stomach sick & I can get a headache too.

Can you get area rugs or even carpeting for the floor? How about curtains for the windows? Even an old blanket can make a good curtain as long as it's not too threadbare.

Sandpoint
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2017, 5:33 am

rats_and_cats wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
rats_and_cats wrote:

Can you get area rugs or even carpeting for the floor? How about curtains for the windows? Even an old blanket can make a good curtain as long as it's not too threadbare.

I use these panels to blot out the light, they work really well. Helps to save on energy use (heat and cold) too ..

https://www.amazon.com/Eclipse-Meridian ... tain+Panel

RAADS-R Score: 183.0

Bratz
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Nov 2017, 12:18 pm

I H8 the place I live at as well! my one neighbor is schizophrenic and creepy and strange... he often sneak out at night and do strange things like leaving the main door open so it gets cold in the hallway and believe everyone are talking about him so he spy on the hallway he do not like it if others talk about him but then he talk about us in public on the hallway... and the apartment have like 200 year old windows and it get too cold in the winter the house is old crap from the 1800s and the manager do not wanna replace the windows as they say "its worth of saving"... I H8 old houses! and theres a ret*d old lady in the hallway who look me and everyone else and even after I close my door she just stand there and looking at my door.... I'm tried of my neighbors and the govenment that owns the bulilding sucks... I wanna move away someday and move into a newer apartment but the problem is that the rent is often very high on better and bigger apartments... I pay around $750 in rent and I find it a waste of money bc the place is old junk and the neighbors suck...