Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 9:55 pm

All the more shampoo for her, I guess.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 4:04 am

If your hairstyle is important to you, keep it.

If it's all the same to you, compromise it away; "I'll change my hair if you change X".

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 4:52 am

Hairstyle and hair type aren't the same. In the scenario you're describing, it is your hairstyle that is being critiqued. Why do you think they are also critiquing your hair's thickness?

I think most men would prefer to have thick hair than thin hair. At least, I sure as hell do.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 6:54 am

Wolfram87 wrote:

If it's all the same to you, compromise it away; "I'll change my hair if you change X".

Yes, that's the right reaction / response attitude for that - always retaliate quickly with a similar attitude.

I do it, and it's a very effective tactic of teasing.

noumenon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jan 2017, 3:51 am

Men are typically expected to have shorter hair, don't get me started on why, yeah it is stupid, but whatever. If a woman is worried about that she clearly isn't worth your time, there are women out there that won't mind but they can be harder to find. Long hair is a lot of work, are you taking care of it well where it looks good even if they don't think it does? If you are, then it is their problem, not yours. Just think of it as a way to eliminate the ones you don't need in your life.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 5:02 am

To me it sounds like the problem may have been the middle parting and not your hair itself. Maybe they were suggesting that it didn't suit you?

I always thought women loved a good thick head of hair and that's why balding guys got self concious

noumenon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jan 2017, 6:04 am

A pic would probably help, we are kind of just guessing at this point, for all I know his hair could be ok and it is just women being picky about guys with long hair, as a guy that also has long hair I've dealt with that a few times, I am use to women making the first move though so that obviously wouldn't be an issue when they do that.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 11:06 am

I used to have very long hair 7 years ago and my grandmother said I need to get rid of it because it didn't suit me. My grandma used to say to my mom "when is he going to get rid of that long hair. Why can't he have short hair like most of other young men?"

My brother also commented that a middle parting style does not always suit me because of my build since I am a few inches under average height for a Young male in England. My bro said because I have short legs it just looks like a big piece of hair on a stumpy body lol.

Hexen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jan 2017, 5:11 pm

I'm going to have to start rocking the Jason Statham style soon.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jan 2017, 9:08 pm

For most of history men could have long hair and it was fine. It's really only the last century or two that it became "girly" to have long hair. Male vikings grew their hair for example and that is about as macho as it gets.

I think you just have to look how you want and not always be changing yourself to make others happy. Some women will like it some will hate it. I have longer hair and I get lots of compliments from women. But also I am sure some women would look at me and never date me. But I really don't care I am happy.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 9:21 am

Some women tell me I need to grow my hair longer.

Some women tell me I should grow a beard.

One woman told me I should get this haircut (I refused).

Why don't women like my number 4 buzzcut?

Why do they tell me I need longer hair?

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 2:22 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I used to have very long hair 7 years ago and my grandmother said I need to get rid of it because it didn't suit me. My grandma used to say to my mom "when is he going to get rid of that long hair. Why can't he have short hair like most of other young men?"

My brother also commented that a middle parting style does not always suit me because of my build since I am a few inches under average height for a Young male in England. My bro said because I have short legs it just looks like a big piece of hair on a stumpy body lol.

Could be that long hair just doesn't suit you. My boyfriend had long hair years before we started dating and it didn't really look good on him, and when we reconnected later he has shorter hair now that he styles a bit (not a lot) and it flatters his face a lot more.

Some people's faces are more suited towards certain lengths and styles. I look best with mid length hair that frames my face, and bangs on the right side. I've had hair that was cropped to my ears and hair that went all the way down my back and yeah there are definite differences in how different lengths and styles make me look.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 4:54 pm

It's WAY too broad of a generalization to deduce that women don't like hair on men because of a couple of comments. Chances are pretty good that the hairstyle you have isn't in fashion and these women are simply suggesting that you get a hairstyle that is currently trendy in your area. That's it, that's all.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 5:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Some women find bald men "macho."

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 5:40 pm

hurtloam wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote: