So, why am I needed.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 10:07 pm

wilburforce wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
friedmacguffins wrote:
Do we know whether risqué situations lead to sex, and whether sex leads to children, or not.

As it is covered, by property taxes, should people be thrown out, into the cold, at gunpoint.

Or, could you have reached these conclusions, on your own, without robbing anyone.

I'm sorry what?

I hate to be the one to break the news but yes sex does lead to children. It's kinda the whole point of sex.

I thought the whole point of sex was to get off. Have I been doing it wrong? :lol:

Silly wilburforce your supposed to just lie down and think of England

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 10:10 pm

Alliekit wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
I thought the whole point of sex was to get off. Have I been doing it wrong? :lol:

Silly wilburforce your supposed to just lie down and think of England

This guy is English:

Can I lie down and think of him--does that count? :P

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 10:20 pm

Why do you need my money, for this.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 1:47 am

friedmacguffins wrote:

It's not your money. It is money society has decided to allocate as part of the social contract, into which everyone is expected to pay according to law.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 2:18 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
I disagree with Pence on everything, but at least he'll do his job.
That's what I'm afraid of.
If you knew anything about the federal government, you'd know that would be preferable.
Why would that be preferable?

Two reasons. First, most of the what the president does isn't their personal views, it's just keeping essential things running. So far Trump has failed to do even that, the effects of his incompetence will be felt once he gets into office. Second, if someone is competent most of their actions would help the nation as a whole because most things that in the nations interest are in their interest. That's all status quo, but Trump is so incompetent he can't be trusted even to keep that.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 6:33 am

Ganondox wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
I disagree with Pence on everything, but at least he'll do his job.
That's what I'm afraid of.
If you knew anything about the federal government, you'd know that would be preferable.
Why would that be preferable?
Two reasons. First, most of the what the president does isn't their personal views, it's just keeping essential things running. So far Trump has failed to do even that, the effects of his incompetence will be felt once he gets into office. Second, if someone is competent most of their actions would help the nation as a whole because most things that in the nations interest are in their interest. That's all status quo, but Trump is so incompetent he can't be trusted even to keep that.
Oh. Ok.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 6:36 am

Alliekit wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Trump wouldn't be so bad if he didn't appoint politicians and judges from the extreme religious right. I believe they're attempting to have abortion banned.

Which is ridiculous since its the extreme religious methods of sex ed that lead to increased unwanted pregnancy.

Similar to the idiots who want to remove birth control pills from health insurance.

Also the vice president doesn't like condoms. Doesn't he realise condoms reduce the need for abortions?

So much for freedom in america. Looks like it will go down the drain if they have there way.

What confuses me are these people who are like 'this is a free country and freedom means I have the right to bear arms and have guns' one moment and the next are like 'no you are not free to chose what happens with your body, your not free to have sex and definitely not free to use some sort of control if you do'.

Also how can something be too modern when your living in the modern day :roll:

The condom was invented about 500 years ago. The condom was around before the Mayflower set sail. The condom is older than the King James Bible.

Apparently these things are too modern for him.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 11:32 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The condom was invented about 500 years ago. The condom was around before the Mayflower set sail. The condom is older than the King James Bible.

Apparently these things are too modern for him.

Reactionaries never want to go back to the actual 'good ol' days' they want to return to a fantasy version of the good ol' days (that never actually existed) before liberals and modernism ruined it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 1:14 pm

I am actually testing a sustainable, local, hypoallergenic source of rubber, as we speak, but I digress.

friedmacguffins wrote:

beneficii wrote:
It's not your money. It is money society has decided to allocate as part of the social contract, into which everyone is expected to pay according to law.

Have I entered myself into this contract, voluntarily, and have both sides paid their due? Does my willingness to participate guarantee me basic amenities. Or, is my willingness somewhat besides the point. Could I suffer, whether or not I participate.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 1:18 pm

beneficii wrote:
This country has the highest incarceration rate in the world and crime is at a 50-year old low. Over the past few years, there have been major protests over police brutality, especially against people of color. Trump lied and said crime is at a 50-year high and wants to step up police forces, incarceration, and unconstitutional policing policies such as stop and frisk, to make our incarceration rates and police brutality even worse.

That is problematic.

You're right. It's definitely more merciful to let gangs and thugs run the inner cities and other places where poor people and minorities live. They're much better off with gangs running things.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 1:19 pm

In another browser window, I am watching a cartoon, which uses the same expression (@ about 5:30-5:35) --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fasTSY-dB-s

How did the state come to establish the terms of the social contract, assuming voluntarism, without coercion.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 1:59 pm

I don't think Donald Trump will be "running the show" really. He is too lazy, he seems to have difficulties concentrating on what really matters and he is too busy tweeting. So I think there is a good possibility that it's the scary people he has chosen to govern with him, that really will be in charge. This is only guessing, in time we will know if I was right.

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2017, 2:17 pm

Froya wrote:
I don't think Donald Trump will be "running the show" really. He is too lazy, he seems to have difficulties concentrating on what really matters and he is too busy tweeting. So I think there is a good possibility that it's the scary people he has chosen to govern with him, that really will be in charge. This is only guessing, in time we will know if I was right.

like every USA president, he will have handlers--and those people will have handlers and those handlers would have the actual people in charge of the governments of mankind.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 6:12 pm

Froya wrote:

He'll be doing what he's always done: be a reality TV star, except he'll be doing it from the White House.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 6:16 am

friedmacguffins wrote:

beneficii wrote:

friedmacguffins wrote:
Have I entered myself into this contract, voluntarily, and have both sides paid their due? Does my willingness to participate guarantee me basic amenities. Or, is my willingness somewhat besides the point. Could I suffer, whether or not I participate.

Having a government that you need to pay taxes to to support your fellow countrymen and whose laws you need to obey is part and parcel of living in modern society.