Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Trekkie83
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2017, 6:52 am

wrongcitizen wrote:
Trekkie83 wrote:
I too often get sick of humans and feel I get along better with animals. I was lucky to have the opportunity to work with a number of primates a while back. One of those I consider to be among the most meaningful relationships I've ever had. I miss him more than most of the human friends I've lost over the years.

If you don't mind me asking what job was that? I am looking for jobs and I want to work with animals. I could easily become a doctor but I'm not sure if I want to do that. Too many people. The rest is secret...

Zookeeper.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 4:31 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
jellyfish are just so damn thin skinned, though. i hate it. they take everything as a stinging insult.

Agreed :lol:

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 4:36 pm

I love cats and hamsters, and relate to their solitary, self-sufficient nature.

(Quokkas are adorable too!)

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 5:23 pm

Animals are always in the present moment, I love that about them.

They're concerned with basic living, and have their individual personalities/behavioural traits but without any of the complicated social drama :).

selflessness
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2017, 5:48 pm

I like animals. Especially furry ones like cats, dogs, mice and hamsters. They tend to be a lot more affectionate and less demanding than most humans. I also like the sense of accomplishment in succesfully taking care of a pet. Sort of like being a parent, but different. I hope to get my own apartment soon so I can get some pets. I want at least some mice and a cat too. I'm considering getting a dog but it's a lot more work than a cat as you need to take them out everyday.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 10:00 am

Cats have a large vocabulary, but they only say Meow to humans. I consider them more like parasites than domestics. I get along very well with dogs, even those who are usually guarding a family. I won't keep a pet, though, because they all eat at the expense of wild animals, usually with a lot of cruelty to cows and other domestics along the way. Humans and domestic animals now outweigh all the wild species by 9:1! I think that all domestic animals began with girls adopting orphaned young, not with cowboys rounding up wild herds. They all make good pets if you have the right facility to keep them, so McDonald's is conducting ghoulish funerals for abandoned, abused pets.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 12:28 pm

wrongcitizen wrote:
How are you with animals? I've always loved them because I feel like I can't really talk to people.

To be honest, as idiotic as this sounds, I've been searching for another intelligent creature that I can befriend, like another primate or an elephant, something really intelligent but not human you know? I'm sick of humans but I, like most humans, get lonely, and I want a friend that isn't human. Weird desire but you know, it happens. And I'm not talking dogs but a Dog would be nice, my dog kind of dislikes me I think. Hehe, idk.

Turns out cross species relationships are quite common in captivity and less so in the wild (but they still happen) and they happen extremely often amongst humans, considering pets. However, be warned, I'm not talking romantic relationship cause that is demented, I'm just talking a normal friendship with something or someone that ISNT human. An alien species would do, I'm just tired of talking to damn people.

I really love animals. I have a parrot (he is smart, keeps me company and can talk)

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 8:32 pm

I think I once caused my primary school teacher a bit of worry when we were set an essay with the title "My Best Friend" and I wrote about Bimbo, my cat.

I was that wee boy whom the neighborhood cat considered a good human - there are family photos of cat and me aged under five playing together in the garden, other cats seemed to find their way to garden walls at he times I would walk past to or from school.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 8:53 pm

I talk to my cats a lot; one of them has a way of really staring into people's eyes (odd, seeing as most animals are very uncomfortable with direct eye contact) but strangely I find it ok when she does it to me. Even though a cat won't 'understand' the woes I could be discussing with her, she still replies upon hearing the sound of my voice. (She doesn't meow - she squeaks!)
Actually replying to or even acknowledging something I've said is more than I get from most people.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 1:05 am

Dear_one wrote:
Cats have a large vocabulary, but they only say Meow to humans. I consider them more like parasites than domestics. I get along very well with dogs, even those who are usually guarding a family. I won't keep a pet, though, because they all eat at the expense of wild animals, usually with a lot of cruelty to cows and other domestics along the way. Humans and domestic animals now outweigh all the wild species by 9:1! I think that all domestic animals began with girls adopting orphaned young, not with cowboys rounding up wild herds. They all make good pets if you have the right facility to keep them, so McDonald's is conducting ghoulish funerals for abandoned, abused pets.

My parrot doesnt eat meat, only organic pellets.