Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

PIgeek
Raven
Raven

08 Jan 2017, 5:49 am

hi, i was surfing the net and i read an article on wikipedia about the italian associatios "perchè non accada". it is linked with scientology, they think that adhd and some other behaviors included autism are often misdiagnosed and psychiatrists "label" people, but be different is jus anothey way to be unic. i don't think so and i think it is a bit weird, i mean, at school my diagnose was is very useful and without it i'd probably be considered just rude and listless. i don't know if they understand how it is difficult when everyone can do easy things that you feel very hard. i know that is just my opinion and experience, i know, probably they have done researches and studies, but i get a bit offended because it is not just "be different" is "be exluded" and "be judged" and i don't like.
does someone feel like that reading this kind of things?

and the white knight is talking backwards
and the red queen is off with her head
remember what the dormouse said
feed your head, feed your head"

White rabbit -
Jefferson Airplane

traven
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 6:39 am

PIgeek wrote:
hi, i was surfing the net and i read an article on wikipedia about the italian associatios "perchè non accada". it is linked with scientology, they think that adhd and some other behaviors included autism are often misdiagnosed and psychiatrists "label" people, but be different is jus anothey way to be unic. i don't think so and i think it is a bit weird, i mean, at school my diagnose was is very useful and without it i'd probably be considered just rude and listless. i don't know if they understand how it is difficult when everyone can do easy things that you feel very hard. i know that is just my opinion and experience, i know, probably they have done researches and studies, but i get a bit offended because it is not just "be different" is "be exluded" and "be judged" and i don't like.
does someone feel like that reading this kind of things?

sects are very involved in mental health therapies, money and ideological 'white'washing is attracting,
they're also in greenwashing, and brainwashing was already a speciality
its a #sight to see gouvernment funding flowing to #heaps, but old as the paved road to @religion

+ scientology isn't that alien to the Technological Singularity ( Rapture of the nerds 8) ) that's seen around quite a bit

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jan 2017, 7:08 am

So they're much like big pharma then?

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 5:19 pm

Fraser_1990 wrote:
So they're much like big pharma then?

I would suggest rather worse.

Starfoxx
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 6:05 pm

Lul

PaulAspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2017, 6:30 pm

Whatever you do, avoid scientology like the plague. It's just plain wacky.

Professionally diagnosed January 2016 in my mid-30s. I always knew I was a little different but always thought it was quantitative not qualitative and I don't like labels I don't need. Now I finally understand a lot I didn't before. (Technically now called ASD in the USA but I really don't care about autistic v aspie for terminology.)

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 6:37 pm

It appears that Scientologys main interest is how much money they can get out of you. Any group that claims to be a religion and wants your money in order to help you should be avoided like the plague

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2017, 6:56 pm

Scientology has real issues with psychology.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 7:01 pm

Is your name "Live Andrew," or is it a pun on "Live and Rue?"

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 8:55 pm

Oh lord, Scientology... their hatred of psychologists has caused a number of suicides yet it's still legal in the US and UK for some unknown reason.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jan 2017, 2:19 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Is your name "Live Andrew," or is it a pun on "Live and Rue?"

No, it's part of my name and I've used it online for many years. It's not really that hard to track down my real name and see how I came up with the alias.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 5:58 am

I have seen Scientology covered in more than one information book on cults. The books described the way it operates. Their centres, certainly thirty years ago, advertised "Free personality tests". These test would pinpoint some issue, flaw of whatever, but, this could be addressed by one of their courses (which were very expensive).

As other posters have observed, the organisation appears a money making venture. People risk getting drawn in and spending large sums on its courses etc.

I suspect the organisation dislikes psychologists because they can see that the courses have now real basis, or indeed can give an informed opinion of the level of nonsense in them.