Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 4:18 pm

Who played the game Frogger?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Jan 2017, 3:42 am

I played it on my graphing calculator in high-school.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 11:37 am

I have some of the Gameboy versions and one for DS.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 10:33 pm

Last time I played Frogger was sooo long ago, I think I played it on my laptop. I played it ALOT on Commander (I can't spell it) it was my first computer in the 80s.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 4:39 am

I've always loved Frogger, I must own like a squillion versions of it (which is the case for many arcade games for me), but I"m freaking terrible at it, always have been.

I'm most familiar with the ancient 2600 version, but I've got the arcade rom on this PC here too.

And then there's Frogger 2, which was a pretty strange game. Just as enjoyable really, but it sure was weird! That one is on the 2600 only if I recall, but I'm not entirely sure.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 1:52 pm

I play some variations of it online every now and then when I go on my retro gaming frenzies, all the funny and repetitive layers of frightful obstacles I can get lost within and stand there watching them trundle by not realizing I've taken one step too far and misjudged the pace of the particular row I'm attempting to safely step through and get walloped :|

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jan 2017, 12:43 am

If you ever wished you had the moves like frogger in real life, this song's for you :arrow:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 10:19 pm

Back in horse-and-buggy days I had the game for the Atari 2600.

I really liked it, I guess because I like the froggies. :)

One time I saw an episode of Seinfeld where George tried to move an arcade game of Frogger from a old diner that was closing and he didn't want the game reset or something because it still had his old hi-scores on it, and sure enough they show him going across a highway similar to the game, complete with the music.

There was once a Frogger cartoon in the 80's. I've never actually watched it (yet), but I heard Frogger was some kind of news reporter in it, and like most other cartoons based on games of that era, it was incredibly cheesy. It's kind of hard to make an intricate story around a game where you just play a frog that's trying to reach his lily pad without getting squashed by cars, and that's about it.

Quiet Water
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2017, 9:20 am

Frogger cartoon? I suppose it couldn't have been worse than the Pac-Man cartoon... anyway, a few classic arcades still exist and I stop by to play my old favorites - Frogger among them - a few times a year. Oddly, there's now also a ticket-dispensing game also called Frogger. It's clearly inspired by the 1980s video game and has lovely graphics, but like most ticket-dispensing games the actual gameplay is limited to trying to time your one button press just right to maximize the number of tickets won. I'll stick to Skee-Ball & Whack-a-Mole if I feel in need of a few silly prizes with the arcade's logo, thanks, and to good ol' arcade games for my favorite use of time & tokens in the arcade.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 5:32 pm

I haven't played any version of Frogger in ages. I know it's a classic, but it doesn't really stick out for me the way something like Tempest or Robotron 2084 would.