Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 2:38 pm

Yesterday (Tuesday) , I tried to get away from ere go to another town (Not to Nashville) but , first the storms got in the way of me buying a ticket , then , various things happened , and I,m likely banned from the sf Greyhound station now , or might as well be . I guess I,ll have to go from the Oakland station (I,ve done this before .) or somewhere in the suburbs if I want to journey sooon .
I . wanted to get away - I was tossed out of Sanctuary Mon. , at least for now ,, & moved to anothe shelter , MSC South , even more blocks from downtown :( .
I just wanted to get away 1 SStart with soomething new .
Insted , it was another long night last night of much time in bed after ights out unable to get to sleep . :cry:

I walk with a crutch , fractured kneecap , lifelong joint?? problem discovered in other leg . Only two teeth , 7&1/2 toes , haven't had prescription glasses in so many years , no passport , just two full sets of clothes , one pair shoes counting what I have on now , no bank account , depositable ATM card I had was stolen .
So many things stolen/otherwise disappeared from me , having to replace them over & over , spending my money to do that:-( .

Omniel
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jan 2017, 3:00 pm

Why might you be banned from the Greyhound station now?

You have to start acting in a manner that DOESN'T get you banned from places, your world is becoming very small.

And what is the reason you were told to leave Sanctuary?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 3:13 pm

...There,s a contingent here , I believe , that tells me I should have : sleepless nights : because of my : squandered opportunities : (Like what ? My opportunity to go to uni ? :cry: ) I get down because of them because IT,S NIGHT WHEN AS I DO NOTHING , not sleep , not aacmpllssih ,nnot fun , MY LIFE IS TICKING AWAY IN THOSE HOURS :( !
Now , despite the heading , I,m a little more cheery now , maybe I should do a more ; upbeat ; before I bought the anticipated bus ticket , I oo out all of the amount of $20s my week,s SSDI had - I still have not dipped into them , now on Wednesday , but I will soon .
I wanted to leave before I had to pay for another month of membership at that Kroc Center,s lab , my main computer source .
Now I guess i shall . I still hope to get awa from here - Or for something better .

I walk with a crutch , fractured kneecap , lifelong joint?? problem discovered in other leg . Only two teeth , 7&1/2 toes , haven't had prescription glasses in so many years , no passport , just two full sets of clothes , one pair shoes counting what I have on now , no bank account , depositable ATM card I had was stolen .
So many things stolen/otherwise disappeared from me , having to replace them over & over , spending my money to do that:-( .

Private Idaho
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2017, 3:18 pm

Seems like you should stay put awhile and try to get your living and health situation stabilized. Moving will put you into an unfamiliar place, and I can tell you many US cities are not at all hospitable to people with your disabilities. Good luck.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 3:21 pm

The right choice is for you to stay in San Francisco. It really is. I can understand that you want to go somewhere else.

Pay the $20 or so for the Kroc Center.

Why were you banned from Greyhound?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 3:25 pm

...There,s a contingent here , I believe , that tells me I should have : sleepless nights : because of my : squandered opportunities : (Like what ? My opportunity to go to uni ? :cry: ) I get down because of them because IT,S NIGHT WHEN AS I DO NOTHING , not sleep , not aacmpllssih ,nnot fun , MY LIFE IS TICKING AWAY IN THOSE HOURS :( !
Now , despite the heading , I,m a little more cheery now , maybe I should do a more ; upbeat ; before I bought the anticipated bus ticket , I oo out all of the amount of $20s my week,s SSDI had - I still have not dipped into them , now on Wednesday , but I will soon .
I wanted to leave before I had to pay for another month of membership at that Kroc Center,s lab , my main computer source .
Now I guess i shall . I still hope to get awa from here - Or for something better .
I will , Om , maybe put : back-story : details on my old , long , : crippled-ness : post , and I spoke of the Sanctuary problems there .
just : came across too homeless : , I guess . With my situation - Made worse by all that,s been stolen from me/otherrwise disappeared :( , not to .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 4:08 pm

...I have effectiively just one pair of pants , what I am wearing - and , LITERALLY , just one pair of shoes , likewise :cry: . So much stolen from me/otherwise : disappeared : ! I did not aim to throw pants out after they got dirty , as was said on : crippled-ness : , IIRC - I wanted towash them :(
People said that DC and I could maybe back/prop each other up - Maybe so , he seems a bit inclined to rush around , energetic , while I,
am pretty plodding/repetitive :| .That could be good . :)
Other people can , during the night , if they can;t go to sleep , do something like check the Internet . This is only a dream to me :cry: .
Likewise/, if I could eat at my own pace and resonably more at my choice,/ I wouldn;t , maybe , give in to eating so/much , I could do other things and follow my clock and no be so fat :( .
I really have balloned up ,/ with the COPD making my/ heart take a long time to clear me out , I tend to , maybe , teen Triple-XL , at least for something on bottom or top to hise the embarassing gap - But a big store told me they only do that on the Web .
I need to get clothes or luggage/storage/carryingp-things-around items (Such assomething to keep this tablet dry .) - I am even the member of an REI store here;s discount/ club !
However , I need to be able to get such things first - If I got a sufficient influx of money , I woulld get the cell phone that
has been asked of mee with some/of it , but I would rathher get , for practical things ,, clothes (including belt/shoes) & luggage .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 5:44 pm

...If I were alone , I could cry at will over my " life that never happened " :cry: - Not have to suppress it , as I do now :cry: .
I could sometimes feel happy , too :? .
If I coulld just be alone :( .
If I could try for a new start on the attempted getting into community college/similar (cc) so that I could go from there to full-fledged " real " four-year plan residential BA-oriented university (uni) - When I came a little closer with that female worker who would help me , first , it got cut off ~ Then , people here became obsessed with this f*****g silly narrative that I could , somehow , fill out the umpteen forms and make the calls on my own .
No I could not :cry: . A 17-yr old , for whom the process is designed . and who has lots of piss & vinegar (and come) (or estrogen) inside him/her can't do it and I'm not her/him ! !! !! !! !! I've been sort of defeated by life :( .
And I've been spat in the face by the Coillege-Industrial Complex SO ! many times !
Tobes did try to help me___buit he became entangled with someone , here in SF , who was obsessed with the idea that I was a lesser human being after I gave up that cell phone I had:cry:. :(

Twilightprincess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jan 2017, 6:05 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...If I were alone , I could cry at will over my " life that never happened " :cry: - Not have to suppress it , as I do now :cry: .
I could sometimes feel happy , too :? .
If I coulld just be alone :( .
If I could try for a new start on the attempted getting into community college/similar (cc) so that I could go from there to full-fledged " real " four-year plan residential BA-oriented university (uni) - When I came a little closer with that female worker who would help me , first , it got cut off ~ Then , people here became obsessed with this f*****g silly narrative that I could , somehow , fill out the umpteen forms and make the calls on my own .
No I could not :cry: . A 17-yr old , for whom the process is designed . and who has lots of piss & vinegar (and come) (or estrogen) inside him/her can't do it and I'm not her/him ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I've been sort of defeated by life :( .
And I've been spat in the face by the Coillege-Industrial Complex SO ! many times !
Tobes did try to help me___buit he became entangled with someone , here in SF , who was obsessed with the idea that I was a lesser human being after I gave up that cell phone I had:cry:. :(

Did you actually try filling out the application? I filled out all of my college applications by myself. It's not hard. If you can't fill them out, you probably wouldn't be able to handle college level work which can be challenging.

Twilightprincess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jan 2017, 6:10 pm

You must stop feeling sorry for yourself and, instead, try harder to get out of your situation. Put into practice some of the great advice you've received on this site.

You really can improve your lot if you put forth the effort and try. It's all about attitude and determination. There are people out there (like social workers) who are willing to help you if you let them and treat them with respect.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 6:14 pm

I second the above advice.

I understand you feel sad, and that you feel regretful of what "could have been."

You've got to stop getting yourself banned from places.

I think you can do it, ASS-P.

You're not "selling out" if you try a different way of doing things.

Twilightprincess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jan 2017, 6:26 pm

I try to be nice and respectful to everyone. That way, I don't feel like I'm "selling out" when I'm respectful to those in authority.

I've never been thrown out or banned from anywhere. When I've been in need, people have willingly helped me.

How you approach people is SO important in being able to move forward and improve your situation.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 6:26 pm

...Especially with my special circumstances added on - No 17-yr oldl colud do college applications i0ncredibly alone . Period .
That is what their HS helper officials are for .
Anyway , what's with you encouraging me i0n wanting to go to uni ? Y
You want me to sign myself into " a home " forever - not much getting a BA (or help in getting offered therein :( ) from there . I don't think that they would help any .
If someone will help me , I) can do things . If not , I cannot :( .
It's rather like the help in improving my tech/'puter skills - just help , no $ or gifts , I have STATED that ! !! !! !! !! !! - that I have begged for , with no response :cry: .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 6:29 pm

...I'm a clumsy , fat , Aspie - and now pretty " feral " , as homeless , and kept from ideal cleanliness - male .
You're a housed female (taught/expected to be more coo-operative) .

Twilightprincess wrote:
I try to be nice and respectful to everyone. That way, I don't feel like I'm "selling out" when I'm respectful to those in authority.

I've never been thrown out or banned from anywhere. When I've been in need, people have willingly helped me.

How you approach people is SO important in being able to move forward and improve your situation.

Twilightprincess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jan 2017, 6:31 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Especially with my special circumstances added on - No 17-yr oldl colud do college applications i0ncredibly alone . Period .
That is what their HS helper officials are for .
Anyway , what's with you encouraging me i0n wanting to go to uni ? Y
You want me to sign myself into " a home " forever - not much getting a BA (or help in getting offered therein :( ) from there . I don't think that they would help any .
If someone will help me , I) can do things . If not , I cannot :( .
It's rather like the help in improving my tech/'puter skills - just help , no $ or gifts , I have STATED that ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! - that I have begged for , with no response :cry: .

No one taught me how to fill out applications.

I was homeschooled and was self taught from 9th grade on.