Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 2:56 pm

It's a tricky one. Feelings like this take a while to cultivate and you can't change people to be interested in you and vice versa. The best way to meet potential partners is by making friends with people and join in on social outings/meet their other friends. It's literally about being socially active without expectation or preconceptions.

When I was a student I found it difficult to make friends but as soon as I got to know my classmates I got to know their friends and their friends friends. Then one of those friends friends showed an interest in me. It didn't work out, but the point is that in order to meet guys, first you need to exist in their lives. After that, well I can't say for certain. Everyone in different and rejection is just a fact of life. There are billions of humans on the planet so if you keep an open mind and relax you might land yourself a date.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 5:28 pm

Best place, would be either in the comfort of your own home, or a residential activity exchange.

Got the fitters in atm, I got a cute married guy who's obviously (nufg) but is still hot all the same. He's a fittin alot of new wiring under my floor and his kit is strewn in Johnny Depp fashion all over my English carpet and a college guy thought he'd walk in on me when i was half naked, but possessed a hand towel just in time as the handle started to turn. I was clothed bottom wise.. was that part of this youths work experience, all i know is the wrong guy opened shopon me this morning and the right one stood there drinking the tea i'd made him, somewhere else.
First convo besides the fresh tea I'd made him, was my mother asking him how he coped in the 30 degree heat, and his reply was blunt, like ''hah, don't know, but i did, just in my shorts'... what else can you do?' I murmured, 'yeah or wear nothing at all,'' which i think surprised a look off of him. Started to think of having on my bikini costume and some lotion and the explicit rest..
Next innuendo, I intervened not too bluntly, ''So, I see you've made a mess of my room?' That carpet was new you know.' (only by four years hah :lol: ) reply, '' ah..so it was your room?' i thought, *'um yeah*..who elses room would it have been? the seashells? 'The sexual innuendos of course were staring him in the face.. the reply, ''don't worry, i'll put everything back where i found it.' Been wondering why his tool box is left open on my carpetted floor, for all to see, * imagines a Bridget Jones scenario whereby he tells me to remember not to touch his tools*, and I say,as in tomorrow,'' why would i want to touch your tools?when I've got my own!?' The low risk factor is enhanced until another day..or maybe if i just go out on the landing with a partially open nightrobe exposing my midrift, he'll notice me as me for once, but i think he does already, and a married mans morals only stretches so far, before going Jennifer Aniston on him, then again that might be too low on this score, especially for me. :roll:

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 5:56 am

Maybe in a support group or a group for a cause about something you care passionately about, either while volunteering or just an activist group. That's how I'd do it. On here maybe too, if you know what you're doing.