Page 1 of 17 [ 264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 12:48 pm

Hey guys, this is my first post on here. I recently got diagnosed with aspergers(22) and have since been lurking a bit on various forums and gathered some information about my diagnosis. In that proccess I've noticed a pattern amongst males with aspergers, and that seems to be extreme bitterness towards women in general.

I want to say first and foremost that I can relate to this bitterness. When my previous relationship ended about one year ago, and my heart was crushed like an ant, I started trying to approach women in various social situations and met nothing but rejection and ridicule because of my slightly odd personality. After facing all this rejection while simultaneously watching my ex move on super fast... my confidence hit rock bottom and my bitterness grew. I eventually stumbled upon something called MGTOW, which is a dumb philosophy revolving around avoiding any relationships with women. I kept reading that crap even though I knew it was stupid and immature, because it gave me relief, a coping mechanism of sorts.

I still sometimes force myself to read mgtow stuff just to cope, even though I honestly think it's childish and not something I am proud of... I don't hate women either, it's just that being a really healthy, physically fit, somewhat intelligent 22 year old, and not being able to attract the opposite sex, it f*****g hurts... to the overweight guys here, having six pack abs doesn't help you if you're a self loathing and socially akward guy..
So my bitterness is mostly targeted against myself.. I am not bitter about women rejecting me, I am bitter about not having the skills to prevent it, and not ever being able to acquire them

Some of the rhetoric on this site regarding women have been really really harsh, and guys I completely understand why you do it, but realise that generalising all women with horrible adjectives is not fair, and not the right way to go about it. Even though some of us are born to be miserable, hatred won't ever make us any less miserable..

In the end I will probably live my life according to mgtow philosophy, try to be as happy as I can on my own, without bothering any women on my way. Though I'm sure I won't ever truly be happy, or feel like I'm good enough as a person.

Anyways guys, I just needed to vent a bit, but I also wanted to know how you deal with your bitterness, it seems to be such a common thing in male aspies, because it is a by product of not being able to communicate with women properly.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Jan 2017, 1:14 pm

I turn inward with self loathing more than anything else, I would say I am more bitter in a general sense than specifically about relationships even tho that's a sour spot. I am not bitter towards women, I am too avoidant and guarded to even progress to the point where I develop feelings for people and I recognize that as deficit on my part. There is a lot in my life to be bitter about besides, I am most definitely bitter about my education and where I grew up and I've felt this way since I was very young. Bitter about the world the way it is, who isn't? It's just overall condition, I am not happy and I don't see myself becoming happy so the idea of 50 years+ more of this hardens you for sure. I vent online because I don't talk about it in real life, I am very anxious self conscious person and I don't feel comfortable talking my struggles. This general attitude of intolerance of depression is tough, even more in real life and I have a lifetime of trauma that made me this way. Lot of other personal things to be bitter about, what good does it serve? I don't know, it's not a feeling I consciously try to feel.

I wasn't a coddle spoiled child, nobody helped me and if it weren't for my mother I would of been a 9th grade dropout. I'm trying to work thru this stuff now, I wish I was 10 years younger. :(

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 1:17 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
So my bitterness is mostly targeted against myself.. I am not bitter about women rejecting me, I am bitter about not having the skills to prevent it, and not ever being able to acquire them

Dude, I relate to this so much. Only difference is that I haven't been rejected by women, much less actually had the chance, since I'm too shy to even initiate conversation. :|

Hexen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jan 2017, 1:21 pm

Hexen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jan 2017, 1:31 pm

How old are these women? You're only 22. I myself don't like talking to women younger than about 28.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 1:33 pm

Really good post, I do the same. Self hate and place the blame squarely where it belongs, my shoulders. Though the burden gets heavier as you get older and the failure mounts. My failures are my own, so I own it. I've never heard of MGTOW.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 1:45 pm

Hexen wrote:
How old are these women? You're only 22. I myself don't like talking to women younger than about 28.

They are usually somewhere around my age, I would feel uncomfortable dating a woman who was alot older than me.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 1:50 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
Really good post, I do the same. Self hate and place the blame squarely where it belongs, my shoulders. Though the burden gets heavier as you get older and the failure mounts. My failures are my own, so I own it. I've never heard of MGTOW.

That is pretty though provoking, makes me fear getting older.

MGTOW stands for Men Going Their Own Way, which is ironic because all the community ever talk about is how stupid women are ect. which I'm obviously not condoning. It was the "going your own way" part that spoke to me, since I don't want to experience more rejection.

Hexen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jan 2017, 1:51 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
Hexen wrote:

They are usually somewhere around my age, I would feel uncomfortable dating a woman who was alot older than me.

Maybe you should try it. Older women are less likely to be into partying and that sort of thing, because they already went through that phase in their late teens and 20s. 30 is the age people start to really settle down and look for a long term relationship, generally.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 2:01 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

That is pretty though provoking, makes me fear getting older.

MGTOW stands for Men Going Their Own Way, which is ironic because all the community ever talk about is how stupid women are ect. which I'm obviously not condoning. It was the "going your own way" part that spoke to me, since I don't want to experience more rejection.

Stay positive, you could find the right person tomorrow or today even.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 2:36 pm

Keep this in mind, life is pure chaos in motion. Some things can become more predictable and even monotonous, but there will always be chaos that you never expect to happen. You can roll the dice 50 times and never get 6 or you could roll that same dice once and get 6. No one's life experience is exactly the same. Pi my friend.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2017, 5:44 pm

Its not harsh to say the truth. The truth is that females have way to high standards and have it more eazy in the dating game then guys does.

People say things about guys all the time in a negative way, but nobody cares about that.

Females that have mental problems look down at males that have mental problems. No way you can force me to respect females when they dont respect guys like me.

Hexen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jan 2017, 5:46 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
Its not harsh to say the truth. The truth is that females have way to high standards and have it more eazy in the dating game then guys does.

People say things about guys all the time in a negative way, but nobody cares about that.

Females that have mental problems look down at males that have mental problems. No way you can force me to respect females when they dont respect guys like me.

I've had no issues when I tell most women that I have aspergers, but most women who are attracted to me have admitted to having bipolar.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 6:49 pm

Nothing wrong with avoiding toxic femininity.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 7:19 pm

Another woman bashing thread. Great. Makes you all so much more attractive.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Hexen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jan 2017, 7:29 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Another woman bashing thread. Great. Makes you all so much more attractive.

Wait, how is this women bashing when he blames himself? That's not women bashing, that's self-loathing.