Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 11:56 am

I could care less about the steps Trump or his proxies want to take on the financial front but it is scary how they want to reverse social gains. I will never believe that people who voted for him want to roll back the social gains we have made as a country. I feel most people are fiscally conservative and socially liberal but it appears that Trump is just going to be a mouth piece for the far right.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Jan 2017, 12:02 pm

What "social gains" are you talking about? You've probably been led astray by propagandist media, they can't stop lying about Trump.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 12:14 pm

What "far right" policies have you worried?

Also, as Jacoby asked above, what "social gains"?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 12:59 pm

From what I've heard here, government jobs assistance for the disabled really isn't useful for Aspies. So, while it may be useful for those with other disabilities, I don't see cutting those programs as a big loss for the Aspie community.

Taking a narrow minded view, cutting social workers from the rolls and putting that money into weapons programs is more likely to assist Aspies. These programs often need smart people who aren't necessarily endowed with great social skills.

Cutting entitlement programs may hurt, but conservatives have always argued that by cutting taxes, we will somehow create more jobs to make up for that.

Dr_Manhattan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2017, 3:49 pm

BTDT wrote:
From what I've heard here, government jobs assistance for the disabled really isn't useful for Aspies. So, while it may be useful for those with other disabilities, I don't see cutting those programs as a big loss for the Aspie community.

Taking a narrow minded view, cutting social workers from the rolls and putting that money into weapons programs is more likely to assist Aspies. These programs often need smart people who aren't necessarily endowed with great social skills.

Cutting entitlement programs may hurt, but conservatives have always argued that by cutting taxes, we will somehow create more jobs to make up for that.

We don't really need programs like this. Trump hired people who want to arbitrarily wage war with countries like China. And no, cutting taxes won't make jobs. For starters, for whom were the tax cuts meant? Secondly, what makes them convinced that(assuming the cuts are for the rich) they'd voluntarily assume a moral and ethical obligation to the American public by creating jobs? Two workers, one works for $15/hr, the other for $.86. Which would you go with?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 4:02 pm

Dr_Manhattan wrote:
BTDT wrote:

We don't really need programs like this. Trump hired people who want to arbitrarily wage war with countries like China. And no, cutting taxes won't make jobs. For starters, for whom were the tax cuts meant? Secondly, what makes them convinced that(assuming the cuts are for the rich) they'd voluntarily assume a moral and ethical obligation to the American public by creating jobs? Two workers, one works for $15/hr, the other for $.86. Which would you go with?

No matter how many tax cuts the rich receive, they're not gonna create jobs. They hide that money outside the country and beg for more until we're all broke. Supply-side economics is a scam.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 1:30 am

I challenge the right to demonstrate how cutting taxes has ever created more jobs, or ever made the economy stronger. And on the other end of the employer/employee equation, when has fighting to raise the minimum wage done anything save creating a permanent underclass? Just look at how well such conservative policies have worked in the tea bagger hellscape, Kansas.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 11:41 am

The OP appears to be more considered about the social issues than the economic issues.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 2:30 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
The OP appears to be more considered about the social issues than the economic issues.

That is true. If a Trump Presidency doesn't roll back civil rights gains due to the machinations of Jeff Sessions as Attorney General, his flirtation with the Alt Right, and the support he had garnered from the racist right with his coded messages against Latinos, blacks, and Muslims, those racists who have been otherwise cowed into silence are seeing his Presidency as an excuse to let 'er rip.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 6:26 pm

Mike Pence isn't even the VP yet, and I hate him. He won't legalize public nudity, or make fornication mandatory.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 6:39 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Mike Pence isn't even the VP yet, and I hate him. He won't legalize public nudity, or make fornication mandatory.

I'm afraid to ask, but is this a joke?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 6:40 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-t ... ion-2016-3
The best and brightest of Muslim countries have been coming to the USA for graduate degrees in fields like engineering and staying here on H1B visas. It would be very easy politically to toss them out, but I'm not sure who would replace them. Hence the quick Trump reversal.

Last edited by BTDT on 16 Jan 2017, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 6:42 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Joking aside, Pence is hardly a friend of LGBT civil rights, even going to the extent of advocating so called reparative therapy to "cure" gays," which almost everyone in the psychiatric community recognizes as snake oil at best, torture at worst.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 11:24 pm

Jacoby wrote:
What "social gains" are you talking about?

In other words the leftist regime is facing some potential roadblocks with the Trump administration. Whereas Hillary would have built them an autobahn.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 11:37 pm

Aspinator wrote:
I could care less about the steps Trump or his proxies want to take on the financial front but it is scary how they want to reverse social gains. I will never believe that people who voted for him want to roll back the social gains we have made as a country. I feel most people are fiscally conservative and socially liberal but it appears that Trump is just going to be a mouth piece for the far right.

Do you consider have a sh***y medical insurance system a "social gain"? I don't We have far too much government interference with our private personal lives. A little less might be healthy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 12:41 am

BaalChatzaf wrote:
Aspinator wrote:

Do you consider have a sh***y medical insurance system a "social gain"? I don't We have far too much government interference with our private personal lives. A little less might be healthy.

Even medical coverage judged to be sh*tty is still better than none to people who had been barred from any.