Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 1:11 pm

I get annoyed when short people whine about how short they are and make a big deal about how tall I am. They always say "omg! You're so tall" and complain about how much of a pain it is to be short. Being a short female is more socially acceptable than being a tall one, males usually don't find talls attractive. I can't wear heels without looking like a giant and it's hard to find pants that cover my ankles and dresses look short no matter what. The only time I feel bad about being tall is when I'm around people who make a show of it saying "oooh, aaah, you're a giant" I'm 5'10 which isn't even that tall really. I feel normal until some jealous short people start whining and making a big deal of it. They would be so offended if I looked down at them and was like "omg you're so short."

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2017, 11:07 am

This_Amoeba wrote:
I get annoyed when short people whine about how short they are and make a big deal about how tall I am. They always say "omg! You're so tall" and complain about how much of a pain it is to be short. Being a short female is more socially acceptable than being a tall one, males usually don't find talls attractive. I can't wear heels without looking like a giant and it's hard to find pants that cover my ankles and dresses look short no matter what. The only time I feel bad about being tall is when I'm around people who make a show of it saying "oooh, aaah, you're a giant" I'm 5'10 which isn't even that tall really. I feel normal until some jealous short people start whining and making a big deal of it. They would be so offended if I looked down at them and was like "omg you're so short."

Not to mention you hit your head on doors and overhangs with heels on. That and all the stairs are too narrow.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 11:31 am

LOL....but you tall people can see things overhead that we can't see!

By the way: I'm okay with my height---have been since I was about 18.

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2017, 12:51 pm

Onyxaxe wrote:
Not to mention you hit your head on doors and overhangs with heels on. That and all the stairs are too narrow.

That happens to me in flats. :D Plus, I often have to sit sideways on buses, taking up two seats, because there's not enough room for my legs.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 7:47 pm

Me too. I think if they just removed one row of seats from the bus, they could make it so 95% of people can fit.

But the buses are made to fit the average person. They don't realise that 50% of people are taller than average.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 12:12 am

It's also a pain In the neck when we have to instinctively hunch down when somewhere with low ceiling or ceiling beams.

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2017, 11:02 am

Hippygoth wrote:
Onyxaxe wrote:

That happens to me in flats. :D Plus, I often have to sit sideways on buses, taking up two seats, because there's not enough room for my legs.

Man, I hated that. I can't count how many times my knees were whining after being stabbed by the plastic seat in front on long rides lol

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2017, 5:06 pm

I got lectured once by an elderly man who was angry with me for 'selfishly' taking up two seats... 8O

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2017, 5:08 pm

Hippygoth wrote:
I got lectured once by an elderly man who was angry with me for 'selfishly' taking up two seats... 8O

So not fair. He can't relate with his osteoporosis lol