Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 7:01 am

This as an idea I have been pondering today which I see as something which can be very much possible judging by the sentiments I have seen in the autistic community.

Many autistic people have expressed frustration and anger over the way society has treated them. Many are upset over having been treated unfairly, stereotyped as lacking empathy etc. What if one day someone came along expressed the same frustration for having seen autistic people being treated that way and promised to change society by eliminating those responsible for the suffering from their jobs the phycologists, therapists etc. Would this said person gain much support could he/she tap into a feeling of anger. I was thinking he/she could on the grounds that by following the person it would allow autistic people to feel as though they aren't the problem and are good the way they are.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 1:06 pm

How to demagouge is well known. So an autistic hyperfocused on learning demagogue skills could probably be "successful".

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Jan 2017, 1:21 pm

The demagogue has a bad reputation but it is an effective tool against the entrenched status quo forces, when somebody controls the information and can create their own 'experts' and thus their own reality then the only way to argue against them is to go over their heads to the people to make the emotional argument since the voting public are not part of this exulted class of experts. The internet has made this possible where it wasn't before, it's something Trump made extensive use of this in his victory, it would be interesting to see it's applied to other fields. I don't see why demagogic advocacy wouldn't work with autism, it seems it works with most things. SJWs are huge demagogues but look at how it has spread their ideology, it might be divisive but it can work too.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 2:24 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
How to demagouge is well known. So an autistic hyperfocused on learning demagogue skills could probably be "successful".
What are some demagogue skills?

Do you think autistic people would be good with them?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 4:39 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Basic marketing. Know how to identify peoples fears, problems and wants. Know how to harp on thier fears to make them even more fearful. Know how find an unpopular person, group, or country to blame and blame peoples problems on them. Say you are the person who will finally give the bastards( who ever the demagougue has set up as foil) what they deserve. Often appealing to nationionism and patriotism is part of the demagogue trick of the trade.

While a lot more NT's will have these skills naturally then autistics with study, listening, reading speech lessons some autistics would be able to do this.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 3:49 am

Just appealing to autistic people won't get you enough votes to win any elections.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 3:59 am

Ganondox wrote:
Just appealing to autistic people won't get you enough votes to win any elections.

Well yeah but maybe an autistic person in the movement could emerge who falls into the category of being a demagogue.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 9:30 pm

I'm sure they could. ANY demographic can produce a demagogue. And demagoguery is, sadly, notoriously successful among human beings.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 8:09 pm

Ganondox wrote:

But it might be enough to build an interest group to lobby the government.
There are plenty of influential interest groups who don't have a huge membership, but are able to use organization and activist energy to have a larger influence.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 3:26 am

What if their was an autistic demagogue who condemned the way autistic people were being treated, made rancorous speeches etc. What would you think of him/her?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 11:58 am

Shahunshah wrote:
What if their was an autistic demagogue who condemned the way autistic people were being treated, made rancorous speeches etc. What would you think of him/her?

He or she would still be likely stigmatizing a group to make them a common enemy such as all Psychologists so while in the short run it will feel good and maybe a needed shakeup will happen for a time but you still are likely to get innocent people hurt and in the long run the reputation of autistics hurt.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 1:47 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Basic marketing. Know how to identify peoples fears, problems and wants. Know how to harp on thier fears to make them even more fearful. Know how find an unpopular person, group, or country to blame and blame peoples problems on them. Say you are the person who will finally give the bastards( who ever the demagougue has set up as foil) what they deserve. Often appealing to nationionism and patriotism is part of the demagogue trick of the trade.

While a lot more NT's will have these skills naturally then autistics with study, listening, reading speech lessons some autistics would be able to do this.

So Hitler and the nazies where demagoges? What you describe is essentially how they justified the holocaust.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 4:46 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

So Hitler and the nazies where demagoges? What you describe is essentially how they justified the holocaust.

They are a prominent example.