Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 2:50 pm

As a teenager, it can be hard to get healthy. Especially for me with my mother, please note, she has never abused me or anything and she is usually a good mother. I've always thought of myself as chunky, since I was 8 or so. I know my hips are big for a guy, but I can't really do anything about that, so I'll just talk about the small bit of body fat.

My story is, I want to actually be healthier. My mother practically force feeds my brother and I fatty foods, I hate it. I feel sort of worthless when I eat it. But it's I either eat those or nothing. We have some financial issues, so we can't afford to eat too healthy. I'd absolutely love to exercise more, here's where my social awkwardness, which has been both a blessing and a curse comes in.

I'm too afraid to go outside, I don't want to see anyone I know. If you're going to suggest going somewhere else to exercise, I can't do that either. I cannot drive and I won't be able to for a year and a half. I have fears many people may consider irrational. I have an exercise machine, but I'm too embarrassed to exercise around others. When I bring up eating healthier to my mother she says things such as, "Do you have the money to buy organic food?" or "You're just fine." or even, "Are you feeling alright? Do I need to take you to the doctor?"

I'd like a solution, if anyone has a clue to as of what I'm talking about.

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jan 2017, 6:18 pm

Run. Run as often as you can. Join the cross country or track team. If you are half way competent you will be accepted.

http://www.runaddicts.net/health-nutrit ... of-running

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 10:15 pm

Aspertastic424 wrote:
Run. Run as often as you can. Join the cross country or track team. If you are half way competent you will be accepted.

http://www.runaddicts.net/health-nutrit ... of-running

Running is actually my favourite form of exercise. It's fast-paced and it helps with my pacing issue.