Does your metabolism start slowing down in your 20s?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2017, 10:32 pm

I will be 24 this year and I have been finding it very difficult to keep my weight off. When I was younger, I could eat anything and not gain any weight. Now, whenever I snack and eat big meals I really have to watch. Even when I exercise, I have to do intense workouts for a lot of weight to come off. Losing weight used to be so easy for me. Now as I am getting older, I am finding it more difficult to lose weight and keep the weight off. I usually gain weight in the winter and it usually comes off back the spring and summer. Last summer, it took awhile for the weight to come off and I was not as thin as I have been previous summers. It is so annoying that I have to really watch what I eat because I used to be able to eat anything and it wouldn't affect me that much.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 4:44 pm

It starts slowly down when you turn 40, but you can still lose the weight, you have to try harder, I'm 46 & I lost weight, my motivation was turning 40, I lost at least 20 lbs. & I kept on losing weight, I lost 60 lbs. I have to lose weight again, I gained most of it back :( :x