Hey guys, I'd advise not to join bodybuilding.com

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2017, 11:10 am

Their forums are filled with people are make fun of autism, while at the same time they themselves complain about their jobs, women, ect. There are good workout forums out there, just not that one. I'm just giving you guys a heads up for anyone starting out in getting healthy.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 2:24 am

I agree with you, though you're generalizing the entire website as bad when that's not true.

It's mainly the Misc section that is so awful.

It's toxic for the mind and is to be avoided.

It's full of toxic people.

Not every bodybuilder is an arrogant, over-aggressive, testosterone-filled misogynist frat bro, but the one's that are all congregate to the misc section. Their 'hero' was amateur bodybuilder Zyzz, and all you need to do is watch a few of his videos to see what kind of person he was. :roll:

If one wants to seek out tips and help with strength training than some of the actual training and diet forums, which hold much more mature attitudes, are where you should go.

The Teen Bodybuilding section also sucks though, even what's supposed to be the more serious and 'mature' section and not just the misc.

Some alternatives are T-Nation, SimplyShredded, Starting Strength Forums for those who want to do S.S., r/Fitness and r/Bodybuilding.