Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 4:32 pm

I been getting pain in my feet since in my late 20s, now, my feet can get numb & the top of my feet (the bones) can crack & I'm in alot of pain, I can't even move or if I'm taking out the trash or doing something else, I will walk with a limp. When I was born, I was born with weak muscles & weak ankles, when I became a toddler, I couldn't walk, I was in a wheelchair for a while, I remember being 3 years old & in physical therapy, I walk with braces on my legs, I would not give up learning to walk. I wonder with pain in my feet have to do with having weak ankles, I can still get a little pain in my ankles. I know I have to go see a foot doctor.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2017, 6:48 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I been getting pain in my feet since in my late 20s, now, my feet can get numb & the top of my feet (the bones) can crack & I'm in alot of pain, I can't even move or if I'm taking out the trash or doing something else, I will walk with a limp. When I was born, I was born with weak muscles & weak ankles, when I became a toddler, I couldn't walk, I was in a wheelchair for a while, I remember being 3 years old & in physical therapy, I walk with braces on my legs, I would not give up learning to walk. I wonder with pain in my feet have to do with having weak ankles, I can still get a little pain in my ankles. I know I have to go see a foot doctor.

Sounds like you have flat feet, if so insurance will cover surgery.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 8:17 pm

Datalis wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

I do have flat & wide feet. How did you guess? When I was a child, my mom brought me special shoes, I needed shoes that was extra wide & for flat feet.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2017, 8:20 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

I do have flat & wide feet. How did you guess? When I was a child, my mom brought me special shoes, I needed shoes that was extra wide & for flat feet.

I had flat wide feet and just had surgery on both feet.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 8:51 pm

My sides of my feet goes outward, I had to wear arch support, my mom paid over $100 for custom arch supports & shoes. One of my foot goes out of my shoe. Why do I need surgery?

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2017, 9:40 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
My sides of my feet goes outward, I had to wear arch support, my mom paid over $100 for custom arch supports & shoes. One of my foot goes out of my shoe. Why do I need surgery?

You'll develop arthritis if you don't. It sounds like you might have some already in your ankles. Think of your feet as a foundation. If you have a messed up foundation, what happens to a house? It falls apart. If your feet pronate in or out, your femur gets miss aligned putting pressure on your knees, your lower back, your upper back, your neck; even your shoulders get affected. Mine pronated inward. Pronating out is less common, I believe.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 5:03 pm

I have problems with both my feet. My left foot is twisted outward about 10° and my right foot is twisted outward about 30° or so. My right foot has a few bone tumors from a genetic disease I have that have fused two toe bones together so the bones can't move seperately. I walk on the side of my foot. This has caused arthritis in the joint in my right foot where all the toes connect to.

I am having surgery in that foot to remove the tumors and I take Tylenol for the arthritis. I also have custom orthodics in my shoes. But another pain management technique I use is to roll my feet on a massage roller to loosen up the muscles. Tight muscles probably play a role in the pain you are experiecing and are relatively easy to loosen up by standing on and rolling your feet on something like this.

https://www.amazon.ca/Spiky-Body-Roller ... B004889RQI

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2017, 5:57 pm

See insoles never worked for me. My problem was, I had a joint loose in both feet causing my feet to flatten. I had what they call "rigid" flat feet.

LjSpike
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jan 2017, 5:18 pm

Both my feet turn out about 30 or so degrees. I usually walk on my toes too. I have a short Achilles tendon, and I'm meant to stretch it more and not walk on my toes, but I've done it since birth and I'm 16 now, and wearing splints everywhere is just terrible, especially in bed, can't get to sleep like that, although I can stand and walk on flat feet now. I still don't have the full range of movement of normal people, but I can do most movements daily life requires, it's just habit of toe-walking now really, although I'm not far on my toes like I used to be, my heel does make contact with the ground in walking usually, and its only occasionally I go far up onto my toes again.

Funnily enough, the fixed-angle splints I'd ended up working out how to walk on my toes in. Then they got ones with some rather clever hinge fitted in (kudos to the engineers of those things, I've no idea how they managed to work).

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 52 of 200
LINK: http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly10a.php?p1= ... =66&p10=74
-------------------
Score breakdown for RAADS-R
Total: 185.0 | Language: 17.0 | Social Relatedness: 90.0 | Sensory/Motor 45.0 | Circumscribed Interests: 33.0
LINK: http://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php

TehDoomzDay
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2017, 8:12 pm

Oh gosh, I have somewhat of the same thing and I am supposed to get surgery sometime this year. I am having to wear a brace, for a month, on my left foot because I have an injury which never healed properly. It is rather upsetting because I can't get much exercise (which I enjoy doing so)..

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 8:35 pm

Datalis wrote:
You'll develop arthritis if you don't. It sounds like you might have some already in your ankles. Think of your feet as a foundation.

I already have arthritis or psoriatic arthritis, I have psoriasis too.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 9:21 pm

TehDoomzDay wrote:
Oh gosh, I have somewhat of the same thing and I am supposed to get surgery sometime this year. I am having to wear a brace, for a month, on my left foot because I have an injury which never healed properly. It is rather upsetting because I can't get much exercise (which I enjoy doing so)..

I broke my left elbow 3 times when I was a kid, I needed surgery, it never healed right, I can't exercise too much in that arm, I can still get pain.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2017, 10:02 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Datalis wrote:
You'll develop arthritis if you don't. It sounds like you might have some already in your ankles. Think of your feet as a foundation.

Then you need to call the doctor while you can still walk.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 2:03 am

Datalis wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
Datalis wrote:

Then you need to call the doctor while you can still walk.

I am going to the doctor, I have to wait, I'm getting a new health card. My legs are stronger now, I been walking more & exercising.