Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 10:02 pm

...who would you like for the matchup to have been:

Here are the choices:

GOP: Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, John Kasich, Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, George Pataki, Ben Carson, Carly Fiorina, Jeb Bush, Jim Gilmore, Bobby Jindal, Rand Paul, Scott Walker, Mike Huckabee, Lindsay Graham, Chris Christie

Dems: Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Martin O'Malley, Jim Webb, Lincoln Chaffee, Lawrence Lessig

Libertarian: Gary Johnson

Green: Jill Stein

Others: Evan McMullin, Darrell Castle, Jim Hedges

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 10:03 pm

My pix:

GOP: Jeb Bush or Lindsay Graham
Dems: Jim Webb or Lincoln Chaffee
Then Johnson, Stein, McMullin

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 11:44 pm

If Bernie Sanders had run, I would have voted for him. But Hillary and her buddies in the DNC fixed his wagon. But, in the end, justice was done. Hillary lost. The first female President will NOT be Hillary Clinton and that is good. We are due to have a female hold the office, but Hillary is not that female.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jan 2017, 6:04 am

The Republican field is slim pickings. I'd like to see a Rand Paul candidacy in order to broaden debate and force the Dems to take socially liberal positions. While I wouldn't want him as President, he'd probably be the "least bad" of the GOP candidates listed. I'd rather see someone like Huntsman, Chafee or Bloomberg at the top of the GOP ticket.

If there was a strong Republican candidate, then there would be a case for Sanders on the Democratic ticket to shift the debate. I wouldn't actually want him as President, although he'd be better than any of the Republicans. Ultimately I'm not fussed about whether it is Clinton or Chafee or O'Malley. Clinton is probably the best leader with Chafee the most liberal. Webb wouldn't be a disaster but would be disappointing.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 6:18 pm

This is my fantasy and I pick who I want to. :D

Nikki Haley vs Joe Biden

I was impressed with Haley's leadership in the wake of the Charleston Racial terror attack.

Biden is plain spoken and gets "flyover" America without the bullying, insecurity and immaturity of Trump.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 7:30 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
T

Biden is plain spoken and gets "flyover" America without the bullying, insecurity and immaturity of Trump.

Exactly my thoughts. Too bad Biden didnt run..

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 Jan 2017, 10:00 pm

Only Democrat I would of considered voting for this time around was Jim Webb, he's not welcome in the party anymore so it seems like a nonstarter. I would not have voted for Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Carly Fiorina, John Kasich, pretty much the entire GOP field besides Trump, Paul, and maybe Carson. Ted Cruz is an untrustworthy snake! I probably would of voted Gary Johnson like I did in 2012 but I thought he was a worse candidate this time around and made a fool of himself too many times plus Bill Weld was too much to swallow as a VP.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 4:51 am

Bernie all the way :bounce:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 5:05 pm

Democrat Ticket: Bernie Sanders as President with Jim Webb as his running mate or vice-versa.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 5:33 pm

I will likely vote for whomever correctly recognizes our existing health care non-system as a totally dysfunctional and exorbitantly priced racket that benefits only the well-to-do, and that I needs to be totally redone with the primary aim of making care truly universal and transparent for American citizens. this is definitely NOT EVER a GOP aim, they are going in the opposite direction, making it even more profitable for themselves and to hell with the rest of us. profit has NO BUSINESS being in health care!

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 7:52 am

They had that many choices? Funny, all I ever heard was TRUMP! CLINTON! What happened to all the others?

Tomzy95
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2017, 7:27 am

BaalChatzaf wrote:
If Bernie Sanders had run, I would have voted for him. But Hillary and her buddies in the DNC fixed his wagon. But, in the end, justice was done. Hillary lost. The first female President will NOT be Hillary Clinton and that is good. We are due to have a female hold the office, but Hillary is not that female.

This