Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2017, 10:37 am

nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Howdy. I'm a little bit naive here. What is hooking up?

No strings attached.

So, does this mean no date? You just say "hey, let's meet at this place and do the nasty and leave"? No money either? I'm confused. What is the difference between hooking up and going to a prostitute?

Hooking up is cheaper. Hooking up is more of a friend's with benefits ordeal. No, you have to tell them in a more subtle way. Sluts don't like to think of themselves as sluts, even though they are. I don't do this by the way, but I've witnessed my friend do this and I was young once and had the same mindset as OP.

In my mind, the men are just as guilty as the women. What do they call male sluts, btw?

They are.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 10:39 am

Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

No strings attached.

So, does this mean no date? You just say "hey, let's meet at this place and do the nasty and leave"? No money either? I'm confused. What is the difference between hooking up and going to a prostitute?

Hooking up is cheaper. Hooking up is more of a friend's with benefits ordeal. No, you have to tell them in a more subtle way. Sluts don't like to think of themselves as sluts, even though they are. I don't do this by the way, but I've witnessed my friend do this and I was young once and had the same mindset as OP.

Hooking up does not make someone a slut.

And nurseangela I think it's more of a mutual understanding that you both want to satisfy your lust but don't want to have a full on exclusive relationship.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 10:44 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
What do they call male sluts, btw?

Studs.

That's too funny and sounds to be the truth. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 10:47 am

nurseangela wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Studs.

Promiscuous males tend to be seen in high regards... at least among other males. I've never heard anyone use "stud" in a negative manner.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 10:51 am

Alliekit wrote:
Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

No strings attached.

And nurseangela I think it's more of a mutual understanding that you both want to satisfy your lust but don't want to have a full on exclusive relationship.

I don't see it any different than prostitution. If you are going to spend quality time in bed with someone, might as well go have dinner first, don't you think?

This is all very depressing and makes me want to become a hermit forever. For myself, I am disappointed in women. Most women, from what I have read, psychologically will not feel good about themselves if they do this kind of activity. I understand that men can sleep with several women without it bothering them emotionally (how this is done I don't get and will never get), women are more emotional when it comes to relationships. How women have accepted this kind of "dating" is beyond me.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2017, 10:54 am

Alliekit wrote:
Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

No strings attached.

A slut is someone who is promiscuous. How does that NOT make someone a slut, male or female? Slut is just a term seen in a negative light. I never stated being a slut in and of itself is morally wrong. It's like how the term janitor is seen in a negative light and we now are supposed to call them custodians.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2017, 10:57 am

nurseangela wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

No strings attached.

I don't see it any different than prostitution. If you are going to spend quality time in bed with someone, might as well go have dinner first, don't you think?

This is all very depressing and makes me want to become a hermit forever. For myself, I am disappointed in women. Most women, from what I have read, psychologically will not feel good about themselves if they do this kind of activity. I understand that men can sleep with several women without it bothering them emotionally (how this is done I don't get and will never get), women are more emotional when it comes to relationships. How women have accepted this kind of "dating" is beyond me.

They have accepted it, because of modern day feminists telling them it is okay, since men do it. That doesn't make it ideal for either sex. What it does do, is make it harder to form traditional relationships and create a stable family structure; which the state hates because it's been shown that people from stable families are less dependent on government. I no longer look for hookups. I'm a hopeless romantic, which is bad news for me because a lot of women in my area are into "open relationships".

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 11:00 am

nurseangela wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

No strings attached.

It's not the same. Hook-ups are based on mutual attraction, whereas prostitution is one person paying for sex. There's a huge difference.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 11:03 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Studs.

Promiscuous males tend to be seen in high regards... at least among other males. I've never heard anyone use "stud" in a negative manner.

I think I did point this out in another thread about how many sex partners people have had. It is a double standard and you just proved my point with your statement. However, I also don't have much respect for men who have had a lot of sex partners. I don't know if all women think that way or if they think the guy is more experienced. The more partners one has, I feel they take relationships too lightly for one and then I wonder if they are a walking STD for another. I just can't comprehend how one gets to the place of taking sex (the most intimate thing you can do with someone else) so lightly. Maybe it has to do with men being able to have sex without any feelings as I have found that men are more comfortable with polyamory than most women.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 11:09 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

No strings attached.

It's not the same. Hook-ups are based on mutual attraction, whereas prostitution is one person paying for sex. There's a huge difference.

I think it is nonsense. Just a way for people to get sex without having to deal with a relationship. No real difference in my mind looking at it from the outside.

I wish I didn't even know about all of this crap. Knowing it just makes me want to be a hermit even more. Any guy (IMO) who thinks this is ok, I wouldn't want to touch with a 10 ft pole - or longer. It just tells me they have no values. I don't care if you think I'm old fashioned or what, this kind of getting together I find revolting.

Darn, I flunked.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 11:14 am

nurseangela wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Studs.

I think I did point this out in another thread about how many sex partners people have had. It is a double standard and you just proved my point with your statement. However, I also don't have much respect for men who have had a lot of sex partners. I don't know if all women think that way or if they think the guy is more experienced. The more partners one has, I feel they take relationships too lightly for one and then I wonder if they are a walking STD for another. I just can't comprehend how one gets to the place of taking sex (the most intimate thing you can do with someone else) so lightly. Maybe it has to do with men being able to have sex without any feelings as I have found that men are more comfortable with polyamory than most women.

Casual sex and sex with someone you love are and feel completely different. I slept with a couple of people before meeting my fiance and it was more just a bit of fun. (Although I strongly believe in safe sex including using condoms and never having oral).

With my fiance it's more romantic and there is a deeper connection. That and it jsut feels so much better.

Basically I do agree sex in a relationship is ten times better but comparing those who have participated in casual sex to prostitutes could be seen as insulting.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 11:16 am

Alliekit wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Studs.

Casual sex and sex with someone you love are and feel completely different. I slept with a couple of people before meeting my fiance and it was more just a bit of fun. (Although I strongly believe in safe sex including using condoms and never having oral).

With my fiance it's more romantic and there is a deeper connection. That and it jsut feels so much better.

Basically I do agree sex in a relationship is ten times better but comparing those who have participated in casual sex to prostitutes could be seen as insulting.

Can't help how I see things - it will just have to be insulting then. It's my opinion, no apologies.

Darn, I flunked.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 11:17 am

Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

No strings attached.

They have accepted it, because of modern day feminists telling them it is okay, since men do it. That doesn't make it ideal for either sex. What it does do, is make it harder to form traditional relationships and create a stable family structure; which the state hates because it's been shown that people from stable families are less dependent on government. I no longer look for hookups. I'm a hopeless romantic, which is bad news for me because a lot of women in my area are into "open relationships".

I don't really get the open relationship thing. For me you either are in an exclusive relationship or its completely no strings attached.

Plenty of people who have 'hooked up' go on to have long term fulfilling and traditional relationships.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 11:19 am

See, the problem is a person could be with 100 people as a one night stand and just because they call it "casual sex" it is then considered to be ok to society, when in actuality, the only difference is that money didn't change hands.

Darn, I flunked.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 11:21 am

nurseangela wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Studs.

Can't help how I see things - it will just have to be insulting then. It's my opinion, no apologies.

Fair enough but that means you can't be offended if people view you as a prude. (Not my personal opinion)