Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AquaLuna
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jan 2017, 3:48 pm

I have little life experience in most areas, even compared to 18 year olds and I'll be 35 in nine days. I just went on my first two dates over the summer (same woman, I'm gay), and I've never been in an actual relationship and haven't even kissed anyone. 35 is a HUGE age. I feel like it's basically the start of getting old. At least, some say it's the start of middle age. I don't feel middle aged. Thankfully, I don't look middle aged either. And I have so little "normal" life experience.

Can anyone else relate to being near my age and super inexperienced?

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2017, 4:59 pm

I'm 37, and am also gay. I've never been in a relationship with a woman, only a couple of men who I wasn't attracted to. I was with them because they liked me and I was grateful. Not the greatest basis for a relationship! I've no experience with women at all and have no idea how to go about meeting someone.

But, never say never. Who knows what might happen, who I might meet? I don't feel or look middle-aged either...what I do feel is more confident in myself, now that I'm older, and happy, regardless of whether I'm single or not.

You never know, middle age (which I reckon is 40 onwards) might be the best thing to ever happen to you.

Pfftt to 'normal'. Be you.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 5:06 pm

I think 35 is still young, and also you look young too, so doubly so :)
Do the things you want to do now, you would be this age if you had had a life crammed with experience, and memories. The present moment is the important thing, don't stress about 35! :)

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jan 2017, 5:34 pm

I'm 26, never been on a date with a woman. They all tell me they're gay.

SteveSnow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2017, 11:59 am

I'm 35 and straight, never had a serious relationship. I'm not stressing it too much since life expectancy is longer, retirement age is moving up soon I bet and it seems we tend to age a little slower than most NT's. Plus things seem to get easier at this age since we're really settling into who we are and we are getting comfortable with that knowledge unlike our younger years.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 8:54 am

I've only been on 2 dates in my whole life and I'm about 27. Its not something that I put a large priority into though so I guess that's probably why. The first date was when I was 17 but since it was "supervised" you can't really consider it a real date(because I basically went with the dude's family). The second date was when I was 22 and that was my first actual date.