Do you hate feeling inferior to women?

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you as a male hate being considered the inferior sex?
Yes it makes me feel inferior and is discriminatory against men 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
No I think we deserve to be considered the inferior sex by society 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
No such thing as superior sex exists in our society 70%  70%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 20

palmtoka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jan 2017, 6:41 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
palmtoka wrote:
One sex has purposes that the other may be lacking.

Personally, I, as a male, would prefer not to feel inferior to any female in general.
For one thing, I still don't understand the female-only train cars for the Tokyo subway system.
I believe it would be considered a type of reverse discrimination against male.
Don't they have female only spaces in Arabia? We all know how feminist Arabia is.

I don't get why they say it's sexist to have male only spaces like Masonic Halls but they think it's ok to have female only spaces.

If they have female only clubs that will mean the mixed sex clubs will have more men than women in them since women make up roughly 50% of the population. But if the mixed sex clubs have more men in them they'll get accused of being sexist for not having an equal number of female members.

I am not sure about the female-only spaces in Arabia, nor is Arabia being feminist.
I thought Arabia was predominantly male-oriented. I may be wrong.

I believe it would be sexist to have female-only spaces if male-only spaces would be as well.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 6:51 am

palmtoka wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
palmtoka wrote:

Personally, I, as a male, would prefer not to feel inferior to any female in general.
For one thing, I still don't understand the female-only train cars for the Tokyo subway system.
Don't they have female only spaces in Arabia? We all know how feminist Arabia is.

I don't get why they say it's sexist to have male only spaces like Masonic Halls but they think it's ok to have female only spaces.

If they have female only clubs that will mean the mixed sex clubs will have more men than women in them since women make up roughly 50% of the population. But if the mixed sex clubs have more men in them they'll get accused of being sexist for not having an equal number of female members.
I am not sure about the female-only spaces in Arabia, nor is Arabia being feminist.

I believe it would be sexist to have female-only spaces if male-only spaces would be as well.
It's true. They have female only shopping malls in Arabia.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 Jan 2017, 7:54 am

No, I do not feel inferior to women collectively. There are probably a lot of women individually that I would perceive as above my level but there are just as many guys if not more like that too, I'd say I probably compare myself to other guys before I would women.

palmtoka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jan 2017, 8:22 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
palmtoka wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
palmtoka wrote:

It's true. They have female only shopping malls in Arabia.

Interesting. Thank you for the... link!

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 12:04 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
What makes them superior?

My mom says there superior because they can have babies and are more intelligent.

That's not a very nice thing for someone to say to their own son. Sounds to me like she's got a lot of contempt for you.

Contempt for me? I just asked her to give me her opinion as to why women are the superior sex because one of my male friends stated "women are the superior sex". I was asking my mom what he meant by that.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 1:48 am

then what did your friend mean when he said that? :scratch:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 12:05 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
then what did your friend mean when he said that? :scratch:

That he thinks women are superior :roll:

My dad also stated himself that women are the superior sex and encourages female violence against 'innocent' men. He laughs when a woman is physically abusive towards a man. :evil:

I remember my father once said "treat men like dirt and women like princess's and you will get far in life"

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 4:53 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
What makes them superior?

My mom says there superior because they can have babies and are more intelligent.

That's not a very nice thing for someone to say to their own son. Sounds to me like she's got a lot of contempt for you.

Contempt for me? I just asked her to give me her opinion as to why women are the superior sex because one of my male friends stated "women are the superior sex". I was asking my mom what he meant by that.

I had the same reaction as Sabreclaw. You should get your mom to apologize. Tell her your WP friends took issue with her statement. ;)

If I were your mom I'd say that women are not superior but you have to pretend that they are sometimes.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 6:30 pm

I think she was just being flippant. I'll bet she was a little amused your friend said that and tried to give a facetious reason.

Either that or she's a bit sexist like my Mum is. That stems from low self esteem. She likes to put men Down to make herself feel better. Aand that explains why I'm a bit bitchy to other women on here when I think thay are picking in the guys. It's me being annoyed at how my Mum treats my Dad.

Your Dad has probably observed that it's a dog eat dog world and it was a bit of an off the cuff remark. I'll bet he doesn't wish all women were like that, but it just seems a logical way to win I.e fighting fire with fire.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 2:12 am

it seems to me, that your mom felt like she was being cornered, or at least confused when you asked her why she felt women were superior, and she made that answer up to appease you. i'm not ready to believe she actually thinks that, 100%.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 8:22 am

palmtoka wrote:

Female-only cars are sexist against men?? Yeah, it's so discriminating towards males that females get their own cars due to sexual harassment from males!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women-only_passenger_car

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens ... world.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/i-u ... 72514.html

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 9:09 am

Skilpadde wrote:
palmtoka wrote:

Female-only cars are sexist against men?? Yeah, it's so discriminating towards males that females get their own cars due to sexual harassment from males!

I don't know why those exist, except for religious women, perhaps.

That being said, I used to belong to a women-only gym, many years ago. It was fantastic. No one looked at you or tried to talk to you while you were working out. And they had women-tailored weightlifting machines, which I haven't seen since.

shinylights
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2017, 9:19 am

Maybe you feel inferior to them because you haven't had any good friendships or working relationships or romantic relationships with any? If all they've done is reject you/not appreciate you, it's easy to feel inferior. (I'm a woman and I feel inferior all the time, to both men and women, usually NTs but sometimes I just wish I was smarter or thinner or something else.)

A good goal might be to make a list of strengths you have, that might be useful in a relationship (working, friendship or romantic) with a female. Then focus on those strengths, try to make your thoughts of your strengths cover up your awareness of the history of rejection that you may have had. (I'm guessing you have a history of rejection because most of us on WP have had that.)

palmtoka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jan 2017, 9:32 am

Skilpadde wrote:
palmtoka wrote:

Thank you for the links. I guess female-only train cars can be an effective solution to molesters as they are.
I still find it weird the fact that males as a whole are at stake when only a very small portion of them account for molesting.

Last edited by palmtoka on 20 Jan 2017, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

palmtoka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jan 2017, 9:34 am

SocOfAutism wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
palmtoka wrote:

I don't know why those exist, except for religious women, perhaps.

That being said, I used to belong to a women-only gym, many years ago. It was fantastic. No one looked at you or tried to talk to you while you were working out. And they had women-tailored weightlifting machines, which I haven't seen since.

As for Tokyo, I would say it's more of a way to prevent molesting from happening rather than for religious reasons.

palmtoka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jan 2017, 9:45 am

shinylights wrote:
Maybe you feel inferior to them because you haven't had any good friendships or working relationships or romantic relationships with any? If all they've done is reject you/not appreciate you, it's easy to feel inferior. (I'm a woman and I feel inferior all the time, to both men and women, usually NTs but sometimes I just wish I was smarter or thinner or something else.)

A good goal might be to make a list of strengths you have, that might be useful in a relationship (working, friendship or romantic) with a female. Then focus on those strengths, try to make your thoughts of your strengths cover up your awareness of the history of rejection that you may have had. (I'm guessing you have a history of rejection because most of us on WP have had that.)

I have history of being bullied by female students in an elementary school, so that may have something to do with it.
I agree with points made in the second paragraph, for the most part.