Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 12:44 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:
It's for the name of a fictitious organization that distributes ignorance pills.

Trump Industries

Don't want my picture being associated with current drama.

Phakepharma

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 12:44 pm

Aniihya wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
About half the members on Kiwifarms are autistic, they hate themselves? :?

That obsession and thorough research points to the fact that many of them actually might be autistic. But mostly they seem to only make fun of people who actually react to their provocation. I have told members this before but they still take the bait and therefore make themselves vulnerable.

They also don't just target autistic individuals, they also target others too who aren't on the spectrum. You just have to be weird enough for them to make a thread about you. Temple Grandin and John Robison aren't considered LOLCOWS because someone there tried to make a thread about them and members there disdained it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 1:42 pm

teksla wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Autism wasnt known about in Hitler's time. So Hitler didnt have enough awareness of it to hate it.

But you could name your work "Kiwi Farms". Isnt that the name of that website that exists for the whole purpose making fun of autistics?

Whomever you pick it would have to be someone from now. There are no historic figures notorious for hatred of autistics.

It wasn't called autism but all people who had mental and developmental disabilities were to be killed.

Thats true.

In fact I was rethinking it after I posted that.

Many artists (like Ben Shawn) use lettering of text (like quotes) within paintings or prints.

In the early days of the Nazi regime ( before they had launched either the War, or the Holocaust) the Brown Shirts famously staged book burning rallies. One of the zillions of books they burned in public bonfires was a play written in 1820 by Heinrich Heine which contains the line "Where they burn books they soon progress to burning people".

You could probably find a quote by Hitler expounding upon his eugenic ideas about eliminating any and all disabled folks (which would include those we now call "autistics" even if he didnt mention autistics by name).

You could juxtapose THAT statement with the Heine quote about book burning.

That would cover both autistic rights, and artistic rights, in the same artistic statement.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 7:56 pm

Jonathan Mitchell

I do not know if he would fit for what you want because he hates Autism not Autistics.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 1:35 am

naturalplastic wrote:
You could probably find a quote by Hitler expounding upon his eugenic ideas about eliminating any and all disabled folks (which would include those we now call "autistics" even if he didnt mention autistics by name).

"The demand that defective people be prevented from propagating equally defective offspring is a demand of the clearest reason and if systematically executed represents the most humane act of mankind."

from mein kampf.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 2:13 pm

I might not do this picture after-all, as I started working with it, it seems more like a fantasy picture of a furry girl in a Salior Moon esue pose in "transformation" scene as opposed to a furry girl trapped in a pill bottle. (Yes, I do "furry" art. Anthropomorphic animals. But not THAT kind of furry art. I don't draw humans. Never have, never will.)