Ghost-Sensitive People: What are your experiences?

Page 3 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 9:11 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
You're criss-crossing mythological traditions and either one or both of them probably isn't/aren't true. The other possibility, which is really bad for glib conversation, is that they're both in neighboring and different dimensions created by people who believe in them.

that is very interesting, the latter point. :idea:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 10:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:
that is very interesting, the latter point. :idea:

One of the best books I ever read was Meditations on the Tarot. The author had a lot of knowledge on egregores and as well claimed that a significant number of gods and goddesses were man-made.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 10:55 pm

hmmm, i'm sure that some would say that [at least] our universe is like a big egregore, and that [at least] humanity's invented gods have taken to ruling over them.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 11:10 pm

The ghosts in my old house are okay and I'm comfortable with them being around. Although the part where they say they want to devour my soul and chanting "kill your family" gets a little annoying at times.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 11:27 pm

^^^I hope you haven't messed with any Ouija boards. :skull:

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 11:52 pm

A couple of my personal experiences: I used to have dreams quite frequently that I had left my body; I found that by flapping my feet ( like fins) I could control my direction. Also there was one time that someone (in my mind) quite distinctly said "Nottoway". I have always assumed I was an Indian in a past life. A friend who is gifted told me she constantly saw an Indian standing around me . I also had a dream where a large brown bear was sitting by my driveway guarding my house (I took this as I was a member of the bear clan in my past life as an Indian)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 1:53 am

auntblabby wrote:

Actually I was seated at a Ouija board session. I was too withdrawn to participate, but I sat next to my cousin who was one of the people touching the planchette. I remember him asking some sarcastic questions and the thing spelling out "go to hell" a few times. But everyone seemed to be having fun. I don't recall anything frightening or sinister about it. When the planchette was spelling out "go to hell" I could see an older African American man in my mind's eye. He didn't seem evil or anything like that. More like kinda annoyed.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 2:05 am

EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Actually I was seated at a Ouija board session. I was too withdrawn to participate, but I sat next to my cousin who was one of the people touching the planchette. I remember him asking some sarcastic questions and the thing spelling out "go to hell" a few times. But everyone seemed to be having fun. I don't recall anything frightening or sinister about it. When the planchette was spelling out "go to hell" I could see an older African American man in my mind's eye. He didn't seem evil or anything like that. More like kinda annoyed.

at least he didn't shout "drop dead" like in my case. but I think you were very lucky. the dark powers don't want to scare people away by and large, they want to draw you in so they will give you useful info for a while. then they will start getting difficult. I tell everybody I find who enquires about it to tread carefully.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 6:23 am

auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

at least he didn't shout "drop dead" like in my case. but I think you were very lucky. the dark powers don't want to scare people away by and large, they want to draw you in so they will give you useful info for a while. then they will start getting difficult. I tell everybody I find who enquires about it to tread carefully.

Hearing a voice say "drop dead" would be very chilling. I do hear voices though. It's been attributed to mild schizophrenia, but maybe I'm hearing the voices of spirits. It's never anything I can really make out and sounds like it's coming from another part of the house or off in the distance when I'm outdoors. Sometimes I hear my name said through, by a woman's voice.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 7:10 am

About the only time I've heard sounds or voices is when I'm still half asleep and in the process of waking up. I can hear some very usual one-off sounds that'll sound like they're in my room but when it sounds as strange as the stab at the beginning of this tune or an odd disembodied whisper I tend to write it off.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 11:05 pm

EzraS wrote:
Hearing a voice say "drop dead" would be very chilling. I do hear voices though. It's been attributed to mild schizophrenia, but maybe I'm hearing the voices of spirits. It's never anything I can really make out and sounds like it's coming from another part of the house or off in the distance when I'm outdoors. Sometimes I hear my name said through, by a woman's voice.

I am fascinated by your quasi-schizophrenic experiences, I was dx'ed as a young boy, and I more often than most people hear things, and when I ask people "do you hear that?" I get the stare of the other. am glad I never heard spectral sources of my name, that would have spooked me but good. but when I was in the army, one of the other GIs used to kid me [I was substantially better looking then] by wolf-whistling me. after a while the army shipped him off to PA school, and a while later I was walking alone in a shopping mall near closing, I got on an escalator, then suddenly from out of nowhere I heard that same wolf whistle, and I looked around and found nobody. the wolf whistle repeated 4 separate times, separated by about a minute. each time I found no human source of that sound. btw, this GI was a psychic who came from a psychic family.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 1:46 am

If someone was using a ouija board on a life raft I am sharing with them in the middle of the atlantic ocean, I would quite merrily take a dive down into the chilly depths where I'd be sanitized and cleanly separated from the murky mystically vigilant muck that from then onwards envelopes that unhallowed floating dinghy and hopefully emerge on a cheerful block of ice a couple miles away warming my backside with a couple compassionate seals or whatever that aren't going to start meddling with that other great unknown we exist around and between! I could never be in an environment where someone is using one of those dodgy boards, the rules and boundaries are difficult to judge the reach of, the roulette wheel has too many places you could hit and connect with something you don't want interaction with, plenty of stories are horse manure sure, but plenty ain't, there's something that goes further when you open up such a gateway, not saying it's an evil contraption but the circuit is not exactly safe to tread lightly upon.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 2:42 am

auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I am fascinated by your quasi-schizophrenic experiences, I was dx'ed as a young boy, and I more often than most people hear things, and when I ask people "do you hear that?" I get the stare of the other. am glad I never heard spectral sources of my name, that would have spooked me but good. but when I was in the army, one of the other GIs used to kid me [I was substantially better looking then] by wolf-whistling me. after a while the army shipped him off to PA school, and a while later I was walking alone in a shopping mall near closing, I got on an escalator, then suddenly from out of nowhere I heard that same wolf whistle, and I looked around and found nobody. the wolf whistle repeated 4 separate times, separated by about a minute. each time I found no human source of that sound. btw, this GI was a psychic who came from a psychic family.

It gets confusing because I have extra sensitive hearing, so I also hear real stuff others don't. None of it bothers me much so I never put much thought into it. It's always been there. My great aunt is into psychic new age whatever stuff. She's talked about me being an "indigo child" and whatever.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 2:46 am

^^^^^you really do seem to have "the right stuff."

traven
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 3:07 am

DON'T

auntblabby
Veteran