Ghost-Sensitive People: What are your experiences?

Page 4 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 3:10 am

traven wrote:
DON'T

don't WHAT? :scratch:

traven
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 3:58 am

any

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 4:14 pm

I wasn't able to find any of the books mentioned in this thread, but I found Spook by Mary Roach, about a scientific approach to the afterlife. Mary Roach is a skeptic, but throughout the book, she becomes more middle-of-the-road in her beliefs. She admits that "it's possible that the reason I've never experienced a ghostly presence is that my temporal lobes aren't wired for it. It could well be that the main difference between skeptics... and believers is [shut up Grammarly this is a quote] the neural structure they were born with." This sounds like it could be a neurotype, like autism. Or maybe it's more akin to an innate skill or talent. I hope neuroscientists will look into this.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 5:20 pm

You might find this pdf to have a lot of worthwhile content, written by one of the better early 20th century Hermetic Qabalists and Golden Dawn diaspora occultists/magicians:

Dion Fortune - Psychic Self-Defense
http://jacquesricher.com/occult/psychic.pdf

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 6:03 am

^^^^more comprehensive than i'd read before. :wtg:

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 10:16 pm

Ghosts aren't real.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 10:18 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Ghosts aren't real.

except when they are. :skull:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2017, 5:48 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Ghosts aren't real.

Nothing unreal exists - Kiri-kin-tha's First Law of Metaphysics.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2017, 7:12 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Ghosts aren't real.

How can ghosts be real if your eyes aren't real?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2017, 8:13 pm

^^^ :huh:

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2017, 11:45 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Sorry. I heard that phrase before and thought it was funny. I guess it works better when said out loud in a specific tone of voice.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2017, 11:49 pm

rats_and_cats wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Sorry. I heard that phrase before and thought it was funny. I guess it works better when said out loud in a specific tone of voice.

I guess it is one of those things that just sailed over my head :scratch:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 11:42 am

Had a very interesting experience yesterday. We went to a forest park called Paradise Valley, which was typical trails. But at one point when we had gotten near to one of the park borders, I got that depersonalization feeling I get sometimes. For second or two I thought I saw a lady and little kid looking at me through the trees. I felt overwhelmed and started walking away from the area until I felt the sensation pass. So when I got home I did some searching to see if those woods are supposed to be haunted.

What I found out is we were near the Maltby Cemetery. Which has an amazingly interesting story that goes with it. At one time there was a crypt there that you got to by walking down 13 steps. If someone went down these steps at midnight, they supposedly saw a vision of hell. The legend is several teenagers over a period of time had traumatic experiences with this. So someone finally had a bulldozer fill in the area where the steps were. And now the cemetery is on private land. And many claim to see a woman and child (or children) in ragged clothing there.

So anyways I've been reading all this with my eyes bulging considering my experience there. I want to go back and see if we can spot the cemetery there through the trees. Since it's winter there might be a chance of seeing it. Apparently it's not considered too "dangerous" in the day time.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 5:24 pm

EzraS wrote:
What I found out is we were near the Maltby Cemetery. Which has an amazingly interesting story that goes with it. At one time there was a crypt there that you got to by walking down 13 steps. If someone went down these steps at midnight, they supposedly saw a vision of hell. The legend is several teenagers over a period of time had traumatic experiences with this. So someone finally had a bulldozer fill in the area where the steps were. And now the cemetery is on private land. And many claim to see a woman and child (or children) in ragged clothing there.

Way more often stuff like this is just subconscious stirrings, not sure what causes them to occur but it's really difficult to tell whether it's an odd parting of your subconscious and pre-filtered inputs or whether it's actually something more.

The analogy I like to use for 'something more' is that the difference between wondering if it was all in your head vs. having enough evidence to suspect it wasn't is like the difference between the sensation of having a cold or mild flu vs. needing an appendectomy. The first is maybe a 1 to 2 on the pain and irritation scale, the later is more like a 7 or 8.

You know you're dealing with something odd if you feel something like spiderwebs of static electricity interacting with you in an odd and deliberate manner (ie. where you can rule out a spider-web) and where you feel a very clear sense of other, ie. another intentionality interacting with your own which is just as bright as yours, foreign/autonomous to your thoughts, and regarding you in a particular manner - ranging from very loving to the other polarity. If its the other polarity, if you get close enough to it and irritate it right, you can get a screaming in your inner ear.

Most important thing to note - this stuff wouldn't be objectively solid and anything you perceive of it will be in some way shape or form it's reflection off of your own physical apparatus. Whether it's the spider-web thing, feeling touch on your body, even feeling touch at a distance (that's a tough one to explain but I've had it) - it'll play with you but it generally won't (as far as I've ever understood it) play with any non-sentient part of the physical environment, rather it comes closer to playing your nervous system like a musical instrument.

I do look forward to the day when we have a lot less brain-mysticism (ie. both 'Anything I see is true' and 'the brain can hallucinate absolutely anything' - both are equally credulous) because regardless of what these experiences are I'd have to say that there's something a lot more tangible about this stuff than a person's brain spitting up on itself.The need for that to be the case might fit our current conception of physics and neurology but it doesn't fit the circumstantial evidence at all. It's either a) deeper substructures in nature that we misinterpret or b) forms of sentient being we don't have a proper understanding of attempting to interact. As transactional and intelligent as the experience often is I also have to go with b) on this one.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 6:21 am

Actually electricity spider webby feeling is a good description for some of the sensation I was feeling but couldn't think of a way to describe it. The thing that gets me is either seeing or getting the mental image of a woman and child and then reading the place is supposedly haunted by a woman with one or two children. I find this sort of thing amusing more than anything else.

Oh one more thing happened a few days before that. It really felt like someone was in my room while I was laying down for a power nap. So I finally said "who's there?" And an empty milk bottle I had on my desk hit the floor.

autismpaul
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Feb 2017, 2:43 pm

am into ghost hunting as well when i do overnight ghost hunts i allways pick up on voices am staying in a haunted Scottish castle on feb 28 and will be posting videos from round the castle and live on you tube as well the am staying in is Tulloch castle hotel