Ghost-Sensitive People: What are your experiences?

Page 1 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 8:17 pm

Partially because I'm writing a story about a ghost-sensitive person and need to do research and partially because the afterlife is interesting. So how do you know a ghost is in a room? Can you tell if it's good or bad? To what degree can they interact with the physical world?

I used to be ghost sensitive when I was a kid and I sometimes see deceased relatives and pets in dreams. A few years ago when one of my cats died of old age, I could sense instinctively that the cat's brother was there. I didn't see him, but it was like when you feel somebody or some animal sit on your bed in the dark except I was on the floor. I knew exactly where he was. The other cats in the room seemed to know as well. They all stared at that specific spot on the floor.

I hope this is the right board for this topic.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 10:58 pm

I'm a bit torn on this advice because on one hand it's a good place to get very credible data, OTOH the writing style and some of the story matter is a bit raunchy.

Alan Moore in his recent book Jerusalem made his best attempt to capture the supernatural and magical/mystical sides of reality, as he understands them, as a ceremonial magician and researcher of a little over 15 years on the topic. Some of this is based on an encounter he claimed to have had with Asmodeus (a King of Demons in the Ars Goetia) after a ritual working and he attributes a lot of the flukiness of the supernatural, as he experienced it in his encounter, as something like a breach into a spacial 4th dimension, something that I've heard described before to be at a right-angle to height, width, and depth.

If you can get past the sex and drugs part of it, some of which a lot of people would find raunchy (not quite as bad as Clive Barker but still off-putting for someone not expecting it), he seems to lay out his metaphysics pretty well and I think there's a credibility to the way he explains it.

There might be other places to find the same thing but in some ways think of a non-outerspace version of what you might have seen in Interstellar and the breakdown of lines between dimensions or the strangeness of the spaces between spaces; the logic goes somewhat in that direction. Not necessarily spooky/scary, more of a mind-ripper with respect to really strange and technical splinterings of reality in odd ways, times, and places.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 12:07 am

Sounds interesting. Neither of the nearby libraries has the book, though. It's a bit pricey when I'm already paying for textbooks, so maybe I'll get it later when my account balance is higher than my age. :P

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 5:06 am

in terms of spectral visitations, they take many forms, a good book about it is "hello from heaven." as for me, several times in my life I have been visited by the departed, in terms of my late mom and dad, and at least one stranger danger spirit that I unwittingly elicited when I used [inadvisably] an electronic Ouija board. I turned the unit on, with the expectation that i'd hear a ghost, and within a few minutes I heard a loud "DROP DEAD! !!" at which point I hastily shut the unit off, removed the batteries and chucked it into a drawer. I then went outside for some fresh air, and encountered a nasty coarsely particulate-appearing dark gray cloud in my driveway, hugging the ground. I exclaimed aloud, "OMG!" and it disappeared. when my dad died, my sister and the hospice nurses in his room say him suddenly open his eyes and stare with ecstasy at a spot on the wall nobody else could see, with an ear-to-ear grin that fades slowly away as the life force left him. they then saw a filmy off-white cloud materialize above his dead body, which eventually faded away. a day afterwards both me and my surviving mom were simultaneously awoken with me hearing "hey [my name]" and my mother hearing "hey [her name]." carrying my mother's cremains to the veteran's cemetery office, I felt an inexpressible enveloping palpable warmth imbued with a loving emotion, it hung around for about 20 minutes until I deposited the cremains with the office personnel. a few more times over the years since [2008] I was again visited with the same palpably enveloping warmth. my mother also appeared to me many times in my dreams, sometimes showing me around her new stomping grounds in the bright world above, to tell me she was alright. she looked many decades younger. my dad also appeared to me in dreams though he usually was visiting me as though he were still alive [but looking as he did when he was in his 30s].

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 9:15 am

^ I enjoyed reading that, auntblabby. :D

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 9:35 am

That's interesting, auntblabby! I wonder why they sell Ouija boards at Toys R Us if stuff like this happens. :?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 8:17 pm

^^^that is a very good question. I guess it is a minority of users that get reamed. anyways, I forgot to say that when my mom died, a few days later I heard the worst cacophony [banging, howling, thumping, rumbling, moaning and groaning] emanate up from the basement, it was late at night and I was in their old house all by myself. as soon as I shouted "OK ALREADY! I HEAR YA!" the noise vanished as suddenly as it materialized.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 10:37 pm

For anyone who wants to get glomped or glitter-bombed rather than more formally harrassed. :D

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Andyllama
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jan 2017, 10:40 pm

I grew up in my catholic grandmother's haunted house. I thought it was just her house that I had "contact" in. but as I grew older I started having encounters more and more and in different places.

"Autism is not a disability, it's a different ability."
~Stuart Duncan

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 3:56 am

I have never experienced anything supernatural that I know of. And I am a skeptic by nature. However I am fascinated by this sort of stuff. One thing I wonder is (supposing this stuff is real) if it's rather that actually I'm so tuned into it, I just don't notice it. I live in a house that's over a hundred years old and there's stuff my cousin sees out the corner of his eye and hears and feels that creeps him out sometimes. It's like I experience the same things, but to me it's just like part of the natural surroundings like hearing the seagulls and seeing them out the corner of my eye going past my window. He's like "did you hear that moaning sound?" And I'm like, "yeah, so?". "What do you think it is?" "Idk, I hear a million sounds all the time". One of my favorite places to walk around is the big old cemetery at the end of town. I see a lot of images of the past in my head when I'm there. There's one huge mausoleum there and when we were taking a walking tour of the town, we came to a big house overlooking the sea, and I said (texting) "that's where those people lived", "what people?" "the people in that mausoleum". And I could see in my mind what they looked like. I found out later that I was right about all that. That house is known to be haunted by the way. Here's a picture I took of it recently:

Last edited by EzraS on 21 Jan 2017, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 3:58 am

^^^^have you ever thought about taking an online psychic test?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 4:01 am

auntblabby wrote:

Not until you just asked.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 4:07 am

EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I am convinced that you have the gift, it can't hurt you to investigate. you can do good with it. :idea: btw, in case you're interested, there is a UFO paranormal summit at Quinault beach resort [ocean shores] feb. 23-25. tickets available online.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 4:40 am

auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I am convinced that you have the gift, it can't hurt you to investigate. you can do good with it. :idea: btw, in case you're interested, there is a UFO paranormal summit at Quinault beach resort [ocean shores] feb. 23-25. tickets available online.

I bet there were plenty of those where I lived in Vegas. Have I ever mentioned the out of body experiences I had when I was little? Tbh I'm not sure if this is something I want to mess around with. I don't want to upset whatever peaceful balance I might have.

Last edited by EzraS on 21 Jan 2017, 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 4:51 am

EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I bet there were plenty of those where I lived in Vegas. Have I ever mentioned the out of body experiences I had when I was little? Tbh I'm not sure if this is something I want to mess around with. I don't want to upset whatever peaceful balance I might have.

there is a kind of OOBE hygiene involving protective invocations. the late Robert Monroe wrote extensively of his OOBEs in his "journey out of the body" series of 3 books, that are somewhat instructive. you are VERY fortunate to have had those experiences, I only had one myself, under the influence of NO2. do you have lucid dreams?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 5:00 am

auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

there is a kind of OOBE hygiene involving protective invocations. the late Robert Monroe wrote extensively of his OOBEs in his "journey out of the body" series of 3 books, that are somewhat instructive. you are VERY fortunate to have had those experiences, I only had one myself, under the influence of NO2. do you have lucid dreams?

When I was little laying in bed, I'd rise up off the bed and sort of glide around the room and then go back down to the bed again. I'm not sure what lucid dreaming is. But I remember stuff that I'm told never happened and told it must have been a dream.

I scored high on a couple of tests I took. I took note of them asking about my connection with animals and interest in tribal/cultural things. They asked several things I never really thought about before. Like associating people with colors.