Page 1 of 20 [ 318 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 3:34 am

I feel that a lot of social justice warriors (SJWs) (that are autistic (self- or professionally dx'ed) or feel that they are autistic) are advocating the idea that anyone (even regardless of symptoms and traits) can be autistic.
They can and do draw parallels between anything and everything to autism. ( and not just the obvious stuff, but also super random stuff like counting or having bad breath).

I see so many people who say that they are autistic (online) and then say that they are self diagnosed and that they dont actually have traits (no more than the average person) but they feel autistic. They discredit (ALL) doctors and claim that a self-dx is just as valid as a "proper" paper dx. (It's wrong)

**Note: Not all doctors are good at their job and some have an Ad hominem when it comes to diagnosing some people, but discrediting ALL doctors is wrong. I in no way am discrediting self-dx'ed people who have done extensive research**

Mattoid
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jan 2017, 7:48 am

I've taken online tests that say I'm borderline. My psychologist told me that I'm borderline. A lot of people, including family, friends, and some other professionals (such as my case workers) think I may have a touch of it, but, of course, they're not doctors. I trust psychologists. I trust the Asperger's Quotient Test and RDOS test.

So I'm probably either an autistic-like neurotypical or have high-functioning autism. I don't know. I wasn't formerly diagnosed.

Anyway, yeah, I agree that it's used too often to prevent people from thinking critically.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 114 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 90 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

MBTI Type: INFP
Enneagram Type: 4w5

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 Jan 2017, 8:00 am

SJWs do not seem very friendly towards autistics, they do not seem very helpful or accepting.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 8:02 am

I general, I think "social justice warriors" have a point sometimes---but even when they do have a point, they might go WAY overboard with it.

I was frankly autistic (in a classical sense) until age 5 1/2. Then I exhibited Asperger's-like symptoms, which persists to this day.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2017, 9:39 am

Jacoby wrote:
SJWs do not seem very friendly towards autistics, they do not seem very helpful or accepting.

SJWs do not understand a lot of things, one of them being that adults can have autism as well. Furthermore, they like to use autism for their own gain. An SJW woman would never date a man with aspergers, unless she can manipulate him.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 10:02 am

SJW's are a spawn of craziness. Their points would actually be credible, if they would respectfully bring them up. "Conservatives are from Satan." Is what I actually heard one of them say before.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 10:16 am

SJWs think feelings are more important than facts or the cerebral cortex in general. A friend yelled at me once because I said that one jerk calling one person a bad word is not evidence of systemic oppression. Apparently, I don't get to tell people who feel oppressed that they're not oppressed. And this is coming from a rich white cis straight girl attending a liberal arts college that fully supports her views, so, using her own argument, she's not exactly oppressed either and thus has no right to tell someone whether they're oppressed or not.

So yeah I'm not surprised SJWs try to say they're autistic just to appear diverse. I think a lot of them are young teens or immature college students who want to feel like they're special and misunderstood.

I also don't get this trend of "are you a fire autistic or a water autistic or a sunny autistic or a cloudy autistic etc." posts. Just trying to add more labels into the mix I guess. Because autism isn't "different" enough, now you have to be a sunny water autistic or whatever.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 10:28 am

It is chic these days, it seems, to say either, "We're all normal" or "We're all nuts." Neither extreme conveys that autism is a spectrum. When I tested myself, I scored 28 on the AS test, which means I am borderline NT/AS. I have some strong indicators of Asperger's, particularly strong special interests. I find the SJWs very unhelpful to people on the spectrum.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 11:54 am

rats_and_cats wrote:

I also don't get this trend of "are you a fire autistic or a water autistic or a sunny autistic or a cloudy autistic etc." posts. Just trying to add more labels into the mix I guess. Because autism isn't "different" enough, now you have to be a sunny water autistic or whatever.

WTF? Sunny or cloudy autistic? Which planet are these people from?

I'm surprised. Really, really surprised.

Dave_T
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jan 2017, 12:22 pm

SJW`s have one goal, to be self righteous, they use what ever means to feel it, truth or fiction.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 144 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 66 of 200

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 12:26 pm

Jacoby wrote:

I've also noticed that trend.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 12:30 pm

Dave_T wrote:
SJW`s have one goal, to be self righteous, they use what ever means to feel it, truth or fiction.

I know two women who are like that. I'm related to one and the other is a staff person at my clubhouse.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 12:36 pm

rats_and_cats wrote:
SJWs think feelings are more important than facts or the cerebral cortex in general.

I think you are right about that. Well, it makes sense in a way - people generally need to be emotionally involved to effect change in any area. Things like the civil rights movement didn't happen because people thought racism was illogical. People who sit around thinking a lot about life, the universe and everyting, often don't do a lot.

I question the efficacy of the twitterati, though. The focus on words over actions gives the unjust and the corrupt free rein.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 12:38 pm

:lmao: The s**t these people come up with

I've seen that apparently the diagnostic criteria is way out and autism is just something you "feel" or an "identity", I don't get what they're even on about to be honest.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 12:44 pm

underwater wrote:
rats_and_cats wrote:

WTF? Sunny or cloudy autistic? Which planet are these people from?

I'm surprised. Really, really surprised.

We're talking about people who believe there are 300 genders, some of which are "cat", "fire" and "swamp".

And I suspect the only actual interest these people have in autistic people is the victim-advocate cred they can get while pretending to speak on our behalf. We are neither important nor interesting, our percieved victimhood is.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 12:47 pm

If someone on the internet claims to have autism how would you know if they have traits or not? Also most people I've observed who are at the self diagnoses stage are well aware that isn't the same thing as getting a professional evaluation and diagnoses.

Also not sure how this ties in with social justice warriors, a term which gets thrown around quite a lot, at this point not even sure it has an actual meaning or definition.