Page 3 of 20 [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 3:28 pm

I *am* a higher being. All should bow before me.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 4:06 pm

smudge wrote:
I *am* a higher being. All should bow before me.

:hail:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 4:11 pm

Jacoby wrote:
SJWs do not seem very friendly towards autistics, they do not seem very helpful or accepting.
SJWs say everyone deserves to be accepted but they do not practice what they preach.

In their own language they're guilty of "ableism".

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 4:26 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
iliketrees wrote:
Just because you never personally see it doesn't mean it's not going on in places you've never been to. It's like people in low crime-rate places being like "well I don't ever see crime so it doesn't seem like a real problem, all I see is people complaining about it". A lot of things exist that you may never actually see, it doesn't suddenly only become real once you see it.

If it happens, then it shouldn't be difficult for you to provide evidence for it.

For my part, I've only really observed "SJWs" (what a silly term) who have inclusive attitudes towards neurodiversity and autism acceptance. There might be a few who aren't so accepting, but they're quite a small minority. It's lazy and inaccurate to tar everyone with an interest in social justice as "not very accepting".

It's quite easy to find a wealth of "mainstream" SJ sites talking about including autism in their advocacy.
http://everydayfeminism.com/2016/03/wro ... ht-autism/
http://www.themarysue.com/autism-awareness-month/
https://www.thefword.org.uk/2012/06/autistic_people/
http://www.loveyourrebellion.org/inters ... ist-issue/
http://feministing.com/2013/11/21/quick ... man-value/
http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Autism_is_to_blame
http://feministsonar.com/2015/06/smashingableism/

Go on tumblr or reddit or Facebook and it's even easier - but of course it's also easier to find people saying the opposite. Still, on balance I think SJ types are generally more accepting of autism than the general population.

This was an incident where an autistic college reporter was bullied by SJW's. It was discussed on WP at the time.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2017, 6:50 pm

Easy with the hate speech. SJWs are people... individuals... if anything you say about them would be racist if you replaced "SJW" with "Mexican" than you are probably being a judgemental ass.

I know a lot of them, and they are just people.

Some people are idiots. Some people who are ASD are idiots. Some people who call themselves SJWs are idiots. Most of them are still just people.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 6:58 pm

I don't understand what is wrong with social justice warriors. I looked the term up and I don't understand the hatred about them.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 7:05 pm

Social Justice Warriors just overdo it sometimes.

Sometimes, they believe if somebody WITNESSES a man massaging a woman's shoulder (even if the woman consents), that it is "sexual harassment." I haven't encountered this personally---but I've heard stories.

Sometimes, they speak about something called "microaggressions." In other words, some SJW's get offended over every little thing. They get offended even if no offense was intended. They don't believe in people "growing a thick skin."

Sometimes, they just take themselves too darn seriously.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 7:48 pm

OhkaBaka wrote:
Easy with the hate speech. SJWs are people... individuals... if anything you say about them would be racist if you replaced "SJW" with "Mexican" than you are probably being a judgemental ass.

Some people are idiots. Some people who are ASD are idiots. Some people who call themselves SJWs are idiots. Most of them are still just people.

I am judgemental about people that bully other people for whatever reason. I am judgemental about people that language police other people. I am judgemental about people that see racism, sexism seemingly everywhere. While I agree things like triggers, safe spaces have legitimate uses, I think there extensive overuse by SJWs is harmful to themselves and other people and the free exchange of ideas that campuses are supposed to about. How would you like if me and a bunch of language police bullied you or banned you and from saying being anti-Mexican is racist because Mexicans are not a race. Related I am judgemental about calling all forms of bigotry racist as SJW's tend to do.

All of my judgments are based on behaviors and how they judge other people. SJW's are a group defined heavily by behaviors and not race, sex, ethnic group, disease, neurology etc. If the individuals you are describing do not engage in the behaviors I describe above, they are probably Social Justice Activists, not Social Justice Warriors. Social Justice Activism has been stigmatized in part by the Social Justice Warriors.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 8:59 pm

OhkaBaka wrote:

Would anything SJWs have said sound racist if you replaced "men" with "Jews"?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 11:40 pm

I think SJWs would be more than happy to be rid of us. Look at Jenny McCarthy and Allison Singer for example. They're eager to run us down with their words and bitchy ways.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 12:49 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think SJWs would be more than happy to be rid of us. Look at Jenny McCarthy and Allison Singer for example. They're eager to run us down with their words and bitchy ways.

I don't think those people are SJWs. In fact, I think most SJWs would dislike them.

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jan 2017, 12:56 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:

Just because Bob is a member of a class of people, even if that class of people has members that are bullies, there is no justification to bully Bob. Ever. If Bob himself is a bully, there is no justification to bully Bob. There is ABSOLUTE justification to call Bob as an individual out on being a bully and defend yourself and others from him.

There are a huge number (most, in my experience) of SJWs that are not crybaby man haters. Those people annoy the snot out of me.

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jan 2017, 12:59 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

In what universe are either of them SJWs. Your argument isn't even an argument. I can say hemoglobin and basalt in the same sentence, but it doesn't magically make them related.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 6:46 pm

OhkaBaka wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Just because Bob is a member of a class of people, even if that class of people has members that are bullies, there is no justification to bully Bob. Ever. If Bob himself is a bully, there is no justification to bully Bob. There is ABSOLUTE justification to call Bob as an individual out on being a bully and defend yourself and others from him.

There are a huge number (most, in my experience) of SJWs that are not crybaby man haters. Those people annoy the snot out of me.
I don't want to bully anyone. Of course it's not justified to bully people. I simply want that fraction of SJWs who are bullies to stop being bullies.

I also want SJWs who are not bullies to address the problem rather than ignoring it.

The toxic fraction of SJWs is certainly harmful to SJW as a whole. Yes I realise they're not a single organisation but if SJWs can call other people out on their bad behavior those no reason why they can't call out other SJWs for bad behavior.

I've seen otherwise moderate SJWs defending the radical SJWs, saying if you disagree with them, it's proof you're a misogynist. If the moderate SJWs cleaned out their movement, people would take them more seriously and then they could do a lot of good in the world.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 8:49 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:

We're talking about people who believe there are 300 genders, some of which are "cat", "fire" and "swamp".

LOL, hey, I'm a fire swamp cat, and my pronouns are meow, meows, and meowing! Don't oppress me! :lol:

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!