Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Alaura4ever
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2017, 11:08 pm

Hi my name is Alaura i'm 23, I got diagnosed with Aspergers 2 years ago. This is my first time on this form i'm not sure how this form works, but i want to try and connect with other Aspies. I'm a loving,kind, caring person, my Aspie bluntness gets me in trouble a lot. So it's been hard keeping long term friendships. Has anyone else here had the same promblem?

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 12:42 am

What a beautiful name and my welcomes to you.
Most of us on the HFA spectrum will usually not associate with most people on a long-term-basis anyway.
Most of the rest of the world is so openly blind that it's difficult for us not to point out the pink elephant.
Note: I make reference to Pink-Elephant in similar manner to the story of how the emperor has no clothes. The issue is clearly visible, yet nobody points it out, except for those of us on the AS spectrum.

Alaura4ever wrote:
Hi my name is Alaura i'm 23, I got diagnosed with Aspergers 2 years ago. This is my first time on this form i'm not sure how this form works, but i want to try and connect with other Aspies. I'm a loving,kind, caring person, my Aspie bluntness gets me in trouble a lot. So it's been hard keeping long term friendships. Has anyone else here had the same promblem?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 7:13 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Alaura4ever
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jan 2017, 9:29 pm

Thank you Ban-Dodger and AnonymousAnonymous for saying hello. Glad to know it's not just me who points out the elephant in the room. lol. Also thank you Ban-Dodger you have an interesting user name. Is it a reference to something or two words you liked and clashed together?

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 3:27 am

A combination of both perhaps (probably). Part of it is part inside-joke and another is part-protest (a carry-over).

Alaura4ever wrote:
Also thank you Ban-Dodger you have an interesting user name. Is it a reference to something or two words you liked and clashed together?