Dating sites - do they actually work?

Page 10 of 12 [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 1:42 pm

Outrider wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Oh, the Knight of Venus strikes again!! Whenever I talk about behavioral facts in the majority of women, you get offended and you want to defend them all and prove it that you are not like them.

We get it already, you are not like them, you are speccciallll, you are unique, I swear - I believe you! I am not being sarcastic.

But seriously, to deny that the majority of women prefer men taller than themselves is too (as a must requirement).....burying head in the sand.
Look there are plenty of studies, interviews, tv debates, articles, dating sties stats, about this very fact.
And if you actually have a female-dominated social circle, you would hear it too. Go ask other women and see by yourself. There are also males' life experiences here, which you never consider them and always invalidate them: In my experience, I got disqualified quickly on that, before meeting them or on the very first date, so there was not even a chance to make them "overlook" it for other traits.

I am not inventing anything nor I am being unfair by stating this.

But Sweetleaf, seriously.....can you stop doing this frequently? To defend women every time I talk something about some women, it's a Love and Dating forum and I am straight , so normally I won't complain about men here.
When you talked about the player guys in okcupid, I didn't pop out and was like "Oh, so why are you then on Okcupid? Why do you want to date men if they are all that evil and players? :roll: :roll: :roll: I am not like this, you know! Not all men like this" :roll: :roll:

I didn't invalidate your experiences, nor I turned to Guardian of Men or something.

But on the other hand, you do this all the time, it's ridiculous.

I am offended? I don't feel like I am....and yes you are being sarcastic...

Also I don't think you read my post I just agreed most women may have a height preference...or at least a large enough majority for that to be a generalization. So yeah whatever most women have a preference for taller guys....most guys have a preference for shorter women to. So pay attention.

I don't question that in your experience women have rejected you for height alone, I do think those women are rather shallow if that was really their only reason regardless if you agree with that or not.

I mean unless I really am that much different than other females I would think quite a lot of them are more likely to compromise on some preferences if they find someone they hit it off with...rather than refuse anyone who doesn't fit every single one of their pre-determined preferences. Hence my example of a preference for long hair, not ending up being a requirement.

Also you do invalidate my experiences...every time I mention an experience to point out a different reaction/thought process a woman could have aside from the one you put forward, you sarcastically tell me how I am just trying to show off how unique I am or something .

People are far more shallow and less willing to compromise on online dating, which is what this thread is about.

Trust me, many men who've been here a while would agree much of your views are contrary to their experiences with many women.

Well then I guess I have nothing valid to say...I guess every women on a dating site is shallow and will reject any guy who isn't 'tall' regardless of if they find anything else they have in common, they are all sticklers on that specific feature.

I guess I will refrain from posting anything about online dating based on my experiences, since they aren't valid and don't fit with the general narrative of how 'most' women are said to think, behave and what preferences they have.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 08 Feb 2017, 1:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 1:47 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Honestly, that's the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

That may be but you don't have to be so rude about it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 1:57 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Which means, if you approach (in online dating scenario where looks matters most at first) a man who is shorter than you, there's about 20% chance he won't care about your height at all, not bad. But if I approach a woman who is taller than me, there's a 4% she would accept it - so it's not really worth it, hence why I stopped trying with taller women.

That doesn't change that I have observed many males who say how they like when females are shorter than them, seems pretty common.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 2:00 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I prefer women who are more than six feet tall but not many exist.

You'd love my relatives.

At 5"10, I'm the shortest woman in my family. Anyway, I agree with Boo that most women prefer taller men.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 2:50 pm

Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Honestly, that's the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

That may be but you don't have to be so rude about it.

I am just being myself.

:skull:

HouseOfMadpeak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Feb 2017, 11:05 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:
But at the same time, I hold the women guilty for not being straightforward. What's so hard about saying you're not interested anymore? At least it's less painful than total silence.

It's painful for women because most of the time when you say you're not interested you receive an angry response. Insults, swearing, the guy tries to reject you instead, or fight about why you need to give him a chance.

I used to use dating sites, and at first I responded politely to everyone, but even when a seemingly pleasant guy wasn't my type, and I told him "Sorry, I don't feel we are compatible," the guy would become enraged. I would be fine if he just never responded back, but I just got angry rants and insults. Only one guy said he appreciated that I was honest about it.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 2:42 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well then I guess I have nothing valid to say...I guess every women on a dating site is shallow

Most people on dating sites are shallow. Look at what HouseOfMadpeak wrote.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 3:21 am

Most people are shallow, but IRL they can hide it better with words like spark and chemistry.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 3:33 am

314pe wrote:
Most people are shallow, but IRL they can hide it better with words like spark and chemistry.

They can use these words on dating sites too, if they want. It's just that in real life IN GENERAL they are forced to treat you a bit more like a person instead of some random internet thing. But I am not sure, since I don't have many interactions of that kind with women in real life.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 4:08 am

Well, at least they're being more honest :)

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 4:59 am

HouseOfMadpeak wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:
But at the same time, I hold the women guilty for not being straightforward. What's so hard about saying you're not interested anymore? At least it's less painful than total silence.

It's painful for women because most of the time when you say you're not interested you receive an angry response. Insults, swearing, the guy tries to reject you instead, or fight about why you need to give him a chance.

I used to use dating sites, and at first I responded politely to everyone, but even when a seemingly pleasant guy wasn't my type, and I told him "Sorry, I don't feel we are compatible," the guy would become enraged. I would be fine if he just never responded back, but I just got angry rants and insults. Only one guy said he appreciated that I was honest about it.

This! not all guys but alot of them. Also why is fat/stuckup/b***h/slut the most common insults

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 7:26 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Outrider wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Oh, the Knight of Venus strikes again!! Whenever I talk about behavioral facts in the majority of women, you get offended and you want to defend them all and prove it that you are not like them.

We get it already, you are not like them, you are speccciallll, you are unique, I swear - I believe you! I am not being sarcastic.

But seriously, to deny that the majority of women prefer men taller than themselves is too (as a must requirement).....burying head in the sand.
Look there are plenty of studies, interviews, tv debates, articles, dating sties stats, about this very fact.
And if you actually have a female-dominated social circle, you would hear it too. Go ask other women and see by yourself. There are also males' life experiences here, which you never consider them and always invalidate them: In my experience, I got disqualified quickly on that, before meeting them or on the very first date, so there was not even a chance to make them "overlook" it for other traits.

I am not inventing anything nor I am being unfair by stating this.

But Sweetleaf, seriously.....can you stop doing this frequently? To defend women every time I talk something about some women, it's a Love and Dating forum and I am straight , so normally I won't complain about men here.
When you talked about the player guys in okcupid, I didn't pop out and was like "Oh, so why are you then on Okcupid? Why do you want to date men if they are all that evil and players? :roll: :roll: :roll: I am not like this, you know! Not all men like this" :roll: :roll:

I didn't invalidate your experiences, nor I turned to Guardian of Men or something.

But on the other hand, you do this all the time, it's ridiculous.

I am offended? I don't feel like I am....and yes you are being sarcastic...

Also I don't think you read my post I just agreed most women may have a height preference...or at least a large enough majority for that to be a generalization. So yeah whatever most women have a preference for taller guys....most guys have a preference for shorter women to. So pay attention.

I don't question that in your experience women have rejected you for height alone, I do think those women are rather shallow if that was really their only reason regardless if you agree with that or not.

I mean unless I really am that much different than other females I would think quite a lot of them are more likely to compromise on some preferences if they find someone they hit it off with...rather than refuse anyone who doesn't fit every single one of their pre-determined preferences. Hence my example of a preference for long hair, not ending up being a requirement.

Also you do invalidate my experiences...every time I mention an experience to point out a different reaction/thought process a woman could have aside from the one you put forward, you sarcastically tell me how I am just trying to show off how unique I am or something .

People are far more shallow and less willing to compromise on online dating, which is what this thread is about.

Trust me, many men who've been here a while would agree much of your views are contrary to their experiences with many women.

Well then I guess I have nothing valid to say...I guess every women on a dating site is shallow and will reject any guy who isn't 'tall' regardless of if they find anything else they have in common, they are all sticklers on that specific feature.

I guess I will refrain from posting anything about online dating based on my experiences, since they aren't valid and don't fit with the general narrative of how 'most' women are said to think, behave and what preferences they have.

That's not what i was trying to say.

Put it this way: please try to recognize when you may be The minority.

You do have much more down to earth, reasonable attitude towards dating than many women, and many men here would probably agree with this.

There are some situations where you basically do say 'Thats not true! 99% of women aren't like that! I'm not like that!'

You aren't 99% of women, in fact more often than not many of your views would fall into the 1%.

Consider this a compliment.

You might disagree X and Y are the general narrative about women in online dating, but please don't be so irritated if many men disagree with you considering whenever you might say "90% of women are not X, that's a generalization!", you are likely saying it to a man where 90% of women he came across in online dating really WERE X.

That invalidates OUR experiences as well.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 7:59 am

Alliekit wrote:
HouseOfMadpeak wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:

This! not all guys but alot of them. Also why is fat/stuckup/b***h/slut the most common insults

No no no that's not true.

No no no, I am not like this.

And I l know many men are not like this.

Why are you ladies on dating sites if all men there are that jerk and as*holes??

Fine! All men on dating sites are bad and creeps!!

/ActingLikeSomeWPWomenMode

^^ You see how annoying is this??

This exactly how Sweetleaf is acting, and at times you.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 9:10 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
HouseOfMadpeak wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:

No no no that's not true.

No no no, I am not like this.

And I l know many men are not like this.

Why are you ladies on dating sites if all men there are that jerk and as*holes??

Fine! All men on dating sites are bad and creeps!!

/ActingLikeSomeWPWomenMode

^^ You see how annoying is this??

This exactly how Sweetleaf is acting, and at times you.

We only respond like that when you say women (without making it clear your not being general)

In mine I clearly said not all guys so your point is invalid.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 9:55 am

^ In all my posts here I made sure to include "in general" or "typically" or "most" - so you are just being unfair.

But nothing is working with you both, honestly, even when we are not saying it's all women you are just taking it personally every time; so from now on I am gonna bug you whenever you talk bad about any % of men - tit for tat; how about that?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 11:44 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ In all my posts here I made sure to include "in general" or "typically" or "most" - so you are just being unfair.

But nothing is working with you both, honestly, even when we are not saying it's all women you are just taking it personally every time; so from now on I am gonna bug you whenever you talk bad about any % of men - tit for tat; how about that?

I don't bug you on all your posts, to be honest I rarely pay attention to who the post belongs too until I reply :roll:

If you feel the need to target me to make yourself feel better than so be it.