Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 4:21 pm

I am watching the women's protests happening right now in Washington. I also am a woman, but I voted for Trump. What is the reason for these protests? Some of the chants being said were just about fascism. AND, if it is a women's protest, what is Michael Moore doing there? Please enlighten me, as a woman, on how these protests are going to help women's right. What outcome are they looking for? I do believe in women's rights, but I am not a feminist. Thank you.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 4:31 pm

I just saw a sign calling the new President a p****. Sounds really productive. So far, they wouldn't win me to their side. If they want their message to get across, then cut the crap and get serious. There were even signs and chants with the "F" word and children around! Wth?!

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 5:34 pm

I would just love to be a part of this. Not.

Madonna Drops Three F-Bombs on CNN, MSNBC During Live Coverage of Women's March. http://tiny.iavian.net/etzu

Madonna is the last woman that I want to follow.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 5:35 pm

And WTH is this crap?!

Madonna 'Blowing up the White House Speaking at WomensMarch protest Madonna Speech - YouTube. http://tiny.iavian.net/etze

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 5:37 pm

Anti-Trump Marchers ‘Mostly White’ Women Who Need ‘Therapy’ After Clinton Loss. http://tiny.iavian.net/eu03

And don't forget Michael Moore being there to tell them all what to do. :roll:
Impressive.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 5:39 pm

More nasties.

Women's March on Washington brings thousands of Trump protesters. http://tiny.iavian.net/etxc

This isn't really about women's rights at all. All they are doing is making women look bad.
I would not be a part of it. It is embarrassing to women.

Darn, I flunked.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 6:17 pm

nurseangela wrote:
And WTH is this crap?!

Madonna 'Blowing up the White House Speaking at WomensMarch protest Madonna Speech - YouTube. http://tiny.iavian.net/etze

Perhaps she was getting confused with her earlier promise. (Very NSFW.)

There Are Four Lights!

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 6:19 pm

Hey, Mr. Darmok. I also started a new thread on our new President if you want to contribute. I'll look forward to seeing you there.

Darn, I flunked.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 6:21 pm

I believe in equal rights and equal opportunities for all. Am I a feminist then?

It's a shame that some of the women in this March seem to be creating so much opportunity for mockery. I think women should organize like this more often and actually have unified messages about women's rights. I'm sure there's stuff most women could agree on, like equal pay for equal work, or parental rights/family court issues, or greater inclusion of women's issues in government-funded research, or better protection against abuse. Couldn't we all find some common ground somewhere and have meaningful protests?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 6:25 pm

DataB4 wrote:
I believe in equal rights and equal opportunities for all. Am I a feminist then?

It's a shame that some of the women in this March seem to be creating so much opportunity for mockery. I think women should organize like this more often and actually have unified messages about women's rights. I'm sure there's stuff most women could agree on, like equal pay for equal work, or parental rights/family court issues, or greater inclusion of women's issues in government-funded research, or better protection against abuse. Couldn't we all find some common ground somewhere and have meaningful protests?

No, it does not mean you are a feminist. I believe in women's rights, but I'm not a feminist. I also wouldn't want to be a part of this women's march because there are a lot of rude and vile things be said and done. That will not get their point across to anyone.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 6:30 pm

DataB4 wrote:

I'm studying more about feminism now. One of the big things is women's rights over their reproductive systems.

Fine. Does that mean abortion rights, I assume? If so, I am against abortion, so therefore I'm not able to be a feminist? Is that right?

Darn, I flunked.

LonelyRabbit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jan 2017, 7:13 pm

What more do women want? we have it pretty made here in the western world....I'm not complaining.

I'm more of a egalitarian myself.

I don't even want to watch any of that, it'll just leave me smh in disgust...

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 12:52 am

Evidently, I would be barred from being able to march in the Women's March on Washington since I'm pro-life. I thought it was for all of Women's rights and not just abortion.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/ ... arch-wash/

Darn, I flunked.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2017, 10:31 am

The reason is, George Soros is funding them.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 5:14 pm

nurseangela wrote:
And WTH is this crap?!

FBI Investigating Madonna's Threat.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/ ... e-comment/

Darn, I flunked.

Secretalien

23 Jan 2017, 10:15 pm

Feminism just means you believe that women are equal to men and deserve the same rights, opportunities, respect, safety, etc as men.

If you believe those things, you are a feminist. If you don't, you're not.

There are different schools of thought of feminism, just like most every other movement. You don't have to agree with every school of feminist thought - and in fact probably *can't*, because they don't all agree with each other.

But if you seriously really believe in gender equality, then yes, you're a feminist.